In this article, we will discuss how to get rid of hormonal acne. The occurrence of acne breakouts is simply frustrating. Whether you’re thirty seven or just a teen, female or male, whether your acne breakouts are once a month or several times a week, you just want to get rid of acne. The moment your breakout clears, all of a sudden, you’re a person with clean and clear skin who no longer require to be attentive with their skincare routine. But the only solution to keep your skin acne and blemish free is to always treat it as an active, broken-out complexion.
Is Hormonal Change Responsible for Acne?
Although bacteria (P. Acnes) and inflammation are the two main causes of acne, it is also affected by hormones, especially in case of females. When a woman’s androgen receptor are particularly sensitive, then such hormones can result in excess oil production. This causes skin cells to become very sticky, resulting in clogged pores and breakouts.
How to Find Out if Your Acne is Hormonal?
Acne due to hormonal changes generally occurs on your lower face (specially cysts along your jawline and even down your neck). These acne mostly flares before or during your period.
Factors Influencing Your Hormones:
There are certain things which are responsible for the fluctuations in our hormones, for example the time of the month. However, if your hormones are already imbalanced, then below listed factors may also have an effect on you.
1.) Sugar to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne
- It might hurt some people, but if you’re serious about getting rid of out your hormonal acne, you should give up on refined sugar.
- Too much intake of sugar increases oestrogen production. Oestrogen is a hormone that directly influences sebum production. In simpler words, excess sugar can equal excess oil production, resulting in clogged pores and breakouts.
2.) Stress Causing Hormonal Acne
- Stress is one of the top reasons. When we get too much stressed, our bodies are loaded with high levels of cortisol.
- In the long-term, cortisol causes inflammation in our body. This can worsen unpredictable skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, eczema, and urticaria.
- In the short-term, high levels of cortisol can lead to fluctuations and spikes in hormone production. This in turn results in breakouts.
3.) Dairy Products to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne
- Remedies to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne:
- 1.) Cleanse Mildly to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne
- 2.) Treat Your Skin Gently to Prevent Acne
- 3.) Moisturize Your Skin To Get Rid of Hormonal Acne
- 4.) Get Good Healthy Bacteria to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne
- 5.) Dietary Changes to Prevent Hormonal Acne Naturally
- 6.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne Naturally
- 7.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne Fast and Naturally
- 8.) Stress Management to Prevent Hormonal Acne
- 9.) Salicylic Acid to Avoid Hormonal Acne Fast
- 10.) Peeling Method to Prevent Hormonal Acne
- Most of the people find quitting or lowering their dairy intake can really help treat acne-prone problem skin.
- Milk and other dairy products can imbalance hormonal which stimulates the overproduction of sebum, resulting in blocked pores and congestion.
4.) The Contraceptive Pills to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne
- The contraceptive pill is the biggest and baddest culprit when it is about upsetting your hormone balance.
- In simple words, when you are taking contraceptive pills, your hormone levels are controlled to prevent pregnancy.
- When you stop taking pills, these maintained hormone levels get out of balance – and these disruptions can be seen on your skin.
- In such cases, you can only wait until things settle down by their own. This can take anything from several months to a couple of years.
There are many medical treatments that you can go with to treat your acne condition. However, with below listed recommendations, you can treat your condition at home as well.
Remedies to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne:
1.) Cleanse Mildly to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne
One of the basic steps for an acne-free skin is to clean it regularly and properly. For this, wash your face daily using a gentle cleanser. Wash it 2-3 times a day to keep your pores clean and clear of oil, dirt and makeup.
2.) Treat Your Skin Gently to Prevent Acne
After cleansing your skin, immediately apply a topical acne treatment. You can go for Aczone, which is an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial gel. Aczone has dapsone, which is a gentle yet effective ingredient that is ideal for adult female skin as compared to benzoyl peroxide, which can have drying effects on your skin.
3.) Moisturize Your Skin To Get Rid of Hormonal Acne
Apart from cleansing and medication, moisturizing your skin is also necessary to maintain the health of your skin. For this, use a non-comedogenic, oil-free moisturizer. Apply it only to the areas which tend to feel dry. You can search over the net for such products. You can also try some homemade moisturizers for dry or oily skin.
4.) Get Good Healthy Bacteria to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne
To get rid of hormonal acne, you should take a probiotic supplement or have yogurt with live, active cultures once daily. Probiotic supplements are quite effective as they help your gut to ease the inflammation, which can trigger a host of skin problems such as acne.
5.) Dietary Changes to Prevent Hormonal Acne Naturally
Quite or scale down dairy milk—especially skim, that may have more pimple-producing hormones. Instead, you can have almond milk which is good for your skin. Also, lower the consumption of high glycemic index foods such as – rice, white bread, and pasta.
6.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne Naturally
There are plenty of health benefits of drinking green tea, including skin ailments. Sipping green tea regularly helps improve your skin’s condition naturally, effectively and definitely. Some of the beneficial components present in green tea helps fight issues such as inflammation, increased hormone levels and unstable insulin levels. All these factors contribute to hormonal acne.
- For the best results, drink about 3 cups of green tea daily. It is one of the most simple home remedies to prevent acne.
7.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Hormonal Acne Fast and Naturally
Tea tree oil has a long and proven history of fighting mild to moderate acne outbreaks. This oil comes from the leaves of a tree which is native to Australia. It has excellent antiseptic properties which help reduce bacteria responsible for causing acne on the skin and suppress inflammation in skin cells. Not only acne, tea tree oil is also helpful in fighting yeast infection. You can see tea tree oil as one of the main ingredients in a wide variety of skin washes, soaps and topical solutions.
- When buying tea tree oil products, look for a product which have a minimum concentration of 5% of the oil. You can also go for 15% for more severe acne condition.
8.) Stress Management to Prevent Hormonal Acne
Although, stress is not directly involved in causing acne, but it can make any existing problem worse. As said above, stress hormones such as cortisol are responsible for increasing inflammation levels in the body and stimulating your oil glands. In this or any type of case, you can manage your stress levels through meditation, exercise, yoga. You can do any activity that can help you in calming your nerves.
9.) Salicylic Acid to Avoid Hormonal Acne Fast
One of the most popular OTC remedies preferred by most people is salicylic acid, that is incorporated into wipes, gels, creams, and sprays. This acid helps reduce redness and swelling and unplugs your clogged pores. In order to keep skin from getting too dry, do not look for formulas geared to teen, instead look for those that are made for women. Initially, look for 2% salicylic acid. There are some skin care lines that offer salicylic acid products which consider acne and wrinkles alike.
10.) Peeling Method to Prevent Hormonal Acne
Apart from above mentioned suggestions, you can consult your dermatologist about different chemical peels to get rid of acne. Usually a simple dose of glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids, can help remove the sticky, dead skin cells that can clog pores, which in turn lead to acne.