In this article, we will discuss how to remove fake nails. Artificial or fake nails are false and fashion nails which is an ideal way to make your nail noticeable and attractive. They are a perfect solution to cover your broken nails on special events or occasions. In current times, the artificial nails are as shiny, smooth and sophisticated as the natural nails.
Types of Artificial Nails:
There are many different types of fake nails available which include wraps, acrylic, gels and press-on nails. Each of them constitutes different techniques, compositions and may vary in price.
1.) Acrylic Nails
These are the most popular types of fake nails which are easily available in saloons. Chemicals are applied over the natural nail to form elongated nails which can be shaped into the desired style and length. They are durable and long-lasting type of artificial nails. Some disadvantages of this acrylic nail are that they can damage your real nail by yellowing or causing fungal infection.
2.) Gel Nails
These nails are formed by applying a chemical mix and fixing it with the help of an Ultra Violet lamp. These nails are given a more natural look and do not harm the natural nails. They offer a clear shiny finish to your fingers.
Wrap nail or wraps are generally used for repairing broken nails or nail tips. Such nails are used to extend and strengthen nails tips. Very fine layers of silk, tissue or fiber is shaped and joined to the nail with glue. These nails do not require much maintenance, and do not harm the natural nails.
It is quite easy to put on fake or artificial nails, but some people find it hard to remove them from their natural nails. Most of the fake nails can be removed with the help of acetone polish remover. You just have to put on the sides of the nails and the nails move sideways or in any direction when get loosened.
Methods to Remove Fake Nails:
1.) Nail Polish Remover to Remove Fake Nails
Fake nails like acrylic nails can be removed easily with the help of ingredients such as nail polish remover, olive oil, nail clipper, orange wood stick, moisturizing lotion, nail file, nail buffer, and petroleum jelly. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, cut the acrylic nails as short as you can, to allow fast and easy removal.
- Fill a glass bowl with acetone nail polish remover.
- Buffer and clean your nails from every side to get rid of dust and gloss.
- Apply a layer of petroleum jelly around the skin, which is around the nail bed.
- Now, dip the nails in a bowl of acetone nail polish remover for about 15 minutes or until the glue that attach the acrylic nail starts to come off.
- After that, take your hand out from the solution and gently take off the acrylic nails using
- Apply a small amount of olive oil or cuticle oil after all the fake nails have been removed.
- Apply moisturizer to the hands to prevent acetone from drying the skin on the hands.
2.) Acetone to Remove Fake Nail
- Take some cotton balls and soak them in acetone for each fingernail.
- Now, place each cotton ball on each fingernail.
- After that, wrap tin foil strips firmly around the cotton balls.
- Keep the nails wrapped like this for about half an hour.
- After half an hour, remove the foil and cotton balls.
- Using an orange wood stick, scrape off the acrylic nails.
- With a nail buffer, remove the extra glue and gently make the nails smooth using the nail buffer.
- Wash and dry your hands properly before massaging olive oil onto your hands.
3.) Dental Floss to Remove Fake Nails
Removing fake nails with dental floss requires the help of another person. It is one of the best remedies to get rid of fake nails at home easily and effectively.
- Simply peel off the fake nails with an orange wood stick by peeling the lower edge of your nail.
- Now slide the dental gloss inside the bottom edge with the ends of the floss held by each hand of your helper.
- After that, rub the floss back and forth like a sawing motion until the fake nail is removed completely from the natural nail. Remember to do this gently and carefully so that the natural nail is not damaged during the process.
4.) Soapy Water to get Rid of Artificial Nails
You can also remove fake nails by soaking the finger nails in warm soapy water. In case there is mild glue, soap water is an easier way to get rid of fake nails.
- Simply put your fingers in soapy water for a few minutes.
- After some time the artificial nail will loosen and can be easily removed.
- Apply some olive oil after washing and drying your hands properly.
5.) Visit Salon To Remove Artificial Nails
Women who are not satisfied with above mentioned processes of removing fake nails can get them taken out in the salons. The professionals will know the right method to remove your artificial nails without damaging your natural nails.