In this article, we are discussing how to take off acrylic nails and its home remedies. Acrylic nails are artificial nails that are applied to nails or used as an extension for nails. Some people use it for fashion and some use it for long nails. There is no question that they boost hand beauty, but at the same time, it can be irritating. It can be frustrating when it is time to remove them after 2-3 weeks. When your nails grow, you need to remove or refill them again. To remove acrylic nails every time you have to approach a saloon and have to pay heavily for it. But what if you can remove it at home on your own. In this article, we will tell you how to take away acrylic nails at home without any damaging your natural nails. Read this related article Home remedies to treat white spots on nails on our website.
Home Remedies to Take Off Acrylic Nails:
1.) Method to Take Off Acrylic Nails with Acetone
Acetone is also a helpful remedy to remove acrylic nails at home. Follow the steps given below:
Note: To try this method, you should have some patience because this process takes time, otherwise it can damage your natural nails and its bed. So keep patience during the complete process.
- Nail trimmer/Nail cutter
- Hot water
- The initial step is to shorten your nails to the possible length using a nail cutter or nail trimmer. It helps reduce the removal time.
- Next step is to remove all the nail paint/ basecoat / topcoat from your acrylic nails. This step will make sure that your hands do not get messed with any color once it is removed. If you dip nails straightaway into acetone over nail polish, then your hands may get colored or the nail polish may stick to your hands. To prevent any mess we need to remove it first.
- Now, take 2 bowls. Fill one with acetone and another bowl with hot water. Now, place the acetone bowl in warm water bowl in order to warm the acetone slightly.
- Dip your fingers in the acetone solution. Keep your hands in acetone for 20-30 minutes or until the acrylic nails become supple and soft.
- Take out your hands from this solution now. With the help tweezers gently peel the acrylic nails. If you still find peeling hard, don’t force. Just put your fingers in acetone for another a few more minutes.
- Once all the acrylic nails get off, massage some cuticle oil to your nails. This will protect your natural nails from any damage.
- Alternatively, you can also apply your favorite moisturizer to your hands as acetone tends to dry out your skin. This is one of the simplest ways to take off acrylic nails without damaging your natural nails.
2.) Method to Take Off Acrylic Nails with Dental Floss
- Dental floss is also an effective home remedy to take off acrylic nails at home. This process requires a person that can help you with this procedure because it is difficult for you to do it alone.
- Now tell your helper to take a piece of dental floss and enter it in space from the bottom edge of your nail and between your natural nail.
- After that, tell your helper to move the dental floss back and forth for few mins. Move upward and pulling it up slightly during this process can help you take off acrylic nails. If the nail is not yet taken, repeat this process again until it removes off.
3.) Method to Take Off Acrylic Nails with Hot Water
- The first step is to take some hot water in a bowl. Keep it little mild hot as per your skin type and convenience. Make sure you don’t burn your skin while removing acrylic nails, be cautious about the water. The simple way to check the temperature is to let the water cool down and just check you’re your finger to check the intensity of the water. At the same time, the water should not be too cool to take off the acrylic nails. It may hurt you a bit, but won’t burn your skin, when it is mildly hot.
- The next step is to dip your fingers into this hot water. You need not put your whole hand in the water, but fingers will do the job. Keep the nails dipped for 30-35 mins or until you see the acrylic nails getting off from the nails and getting dismantled. When it gets swollen a bit that is the first sign that it is ready to be removed from your nails.
- The next step should be done with great care. Take a toothpick or orange stick in order to level up the acrylic nails from your natural nails. Start this process from the front your nails and put this stick from the front of your nail and scratch off the nails slowly. In this process, the hot water gets cooled down. Warm it again as per desired level and start the whole process again. You might need to brush off extra acrylic from your natural nails using a nail filer so that you may remove all the acrylic stuff on your nails.
- After the above process, apply some petroleum jelly or moisturizing lotion or nail cream to hydrate it. This method is quite an easy and convenient as compared with other procedures to take off acrylic nails.
Other Tips to Take Off Acrylic Nails:
So all the above remedies are easy and safe to use at home. But whenever you try these remedies take extra care of it. If you still find some difficulty in taking off your nails or if any damage occurs, immediately contact your nearest salon or doctor for the right treatment. Acetone is very flammable. Keep it away from sources of flame or heat. If it is a painful method to take off the nails or if they are not coming off after several attempts, stop and check with a nail salon for help.