Many women love the glamorous look of long fake nails or acrylic nails. If you are planning to go to a party and you want your nails to be as glamorous as your dress. If you don’t want to paint your nails, then you decide to go for fake nails. You can easily wear fake or acrylic nails with glue. Acrylic or fake nails are very much in fashion these days. There are varieties of color and design options that you can apply to your acrylic or fake nails.
However, removing fake nails may be a pain, especially if you don’t take proper care of your nails. In this article, learn some useful tips to take off fake nails.
Ways to Take Off Fake Nails:
1.) Take off Fake Nails with Acetone
Follow the steps to take off face nails with acetone:
- Clip your fake nails down as far as you can. By using a nail clipper, clip your nails carefully until they are as short as possible. Having short fake nails will help to remove the fake nails much easier.
- Now file off the topcoat on your nails with a nail filer. The topcoat is the gel layer which makes the fake nails shiny. Filing your topcoat will allow the acetone to work great.
- To moisturize your cuticles, apply petroleum jelly onto the skin near the bottom of your nails.
- Take a bowl and fill it with acetone nail polish remover. Now put your nails in this bowl.
- Leave them for 15 to 20 minutes. The acetone will help to weaken the glue that sticks the acrylic nails to your nails.
- Now peel off the acrylic nails. If the glue has not been removed then dip your nails in the acetone again until the glue is softened. You can also use orangewood to scrape off your acrylics.
- Washing your hands will remove excess nail polish remover and will wash the petroleum jelly.
- After washing hands, remove any extra glue with a nail buffer.
- Dry your hands and rub several drops of olive oil to your fingers and nails.
2.) Use Dental Floss to Remove Acrylic Nails
Steps to use dental floss to remove fake nails:
- This method requires 2 hands to remove fake nails with dental floss. So you need a friend to do this method.
- Take a orangewood stick and place it at the bottom of the fake nail. Now pry up the bottom edge of your nail.
- Allow your friend to slide the dental floss under the bottom edge of your nail. He or she has slid the dental floss under the bottom part of your nail.
- Tell your partner to start working the floss back and forth under your nail. With the help of floss, pull the nail up slowly. Continue it until the acrylic nail can be fully removed from the real nail.
- Use a nail buffer to smooth your nails and to remove any excess glue.
- Apply moisturizer to your nails or hands that will smooth out scratches on your nails.
3.) Wrapping Your Nails to Take off Fake Nails
- Clip your fake nails as short as possible. The shorter you can cut your fake nails, the better you can remove them.
- File the topcoat of your fake nails. Filing will allow the acetone to work more efficiently and effectively on your nails.
- Soak the cotton balls in the acetone. Use one cotton ball for each nail. After soaking the cotton balls, place a cotton ball on each of your nails.
- Now take tin foil strips and then wrap them around the cotton ball and your finger.
- If you feel like that the tin foil will not stay at their place, then you can use rubber bands around each of your tin foil.
- Keep the tin foil and cotton balls on your fingers for half an hour. During this time, the acetone will set properly and weaken the glue that holds the fake nail to your natural nail.
- Remove the cotton balls and foil. Take orangewood stick and scrape off your fake nails. Scrape them gently so that you don’t damage your nails. After scraping, wash your hands.
- Remove the extra glue with a nail buffer.
- After doing this, wash your hands and dry them thoroughly. Take a few drops of olive oil and massage your nails thoroughly. Continue to apply oil for several days to regain your hands’ moisture.