Gout is a type of arthritis that can affect different parts of the body like the ears, small joints on the hands, ankles, wrists, knees. Symptoms frequently include acute pain, intense tenderness, swelling and inflammation in the joints. The exact cause of gout is unknown but the high amount of uric acid present in the body is one the main reason. Some other possible causes of gout are excessive consumption of alcohol, genetics, lack of physical exercise, excessive intake of protein and too much stress. Gout is linked with other types of health problems such as diabetes, hypertension and uric acid kidney stones, so it is important to get proper medical treatment. Some easy to follow remedies can promote the healing and provide the relief from symptoms. You can use these remedies to get rid of gout.
Ways to Get Rid of Gout:
1.) Ginger to Treat Gout
- 1.) Ginger to Treat Gout
- 2.) Baking soda to Get Rid of Gout
- 3.) Lemon Juice to Treat Gout
- 4.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Gout
- 5.) Cherries to Treat Gout
- 6.) Epsom salt to Treat Gout
- 7.) Bananas to Cure Gout
- 8.) Apples to Get Rid of Gout
- 9.) Activated charcoal to Treat Gout
- 10.) Cold Water to Get Rid of Gout
- 11.) Pineapple to Treat Gout
- 12.) Avocados to Get Rid of Gout
It has anti-inflammatory properties that can be very helpful in relieving the pain and inflammation. There are many ways to use ginger root for the treatment of gout.
- Mix an equal amount of turmeric powder, fenugreek powder and dried ginger root powder. Take one teaspoon of this mixture along with warm water. Take it twice a day.
- Or you can simply add ginger root in cooking recipes, or eat a small raw piece of ginger root daily.
- Boil a cup of water and add one-half teaspoon of ginger root. Mix them well. Drink this solution at least once a day.
- Or you can use another option. make a paste of ginger root with a little water and apply this past on the affected area. Leave it on for about half an hour. Use this remedy once a day.
2.) Baking soda to Get Rid of Gout
One main factor contributing to gout is an increase of uric acid in the body. Baking soda can help to lower the amount of uric acid and will give your relief from the pain.
- Take a glass of water and mix one-half teaspoon of baking soda in it.
- Drink this solution four times a day but not more than that
- Continue up to two weeks.
- If you age is above 60 years, so don’t take more than three times a day. Don’t take this remedy if you have hypertension.
3.) Lemon Juice to Treat Gout
To get relief from gout, it is essential to first alkalize the body and neutral the excess uric acid in the blood stream. This can be easily done with fresh lemon juice and baking soda. Along with lemon juice, you can also eat other fruits rich in vitamin C to strengthen the body tissues.
- Take one-half teaspoon of baking soda and mix the lemon juice of one lemon with it. let it sit for a few seconds until the fizzing stops and then mix it with a glass of water. drink it immediately.
- Or you can use another option. add the juice of half a lemon to a glass of water and drink it three times a day.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Gout
Apple cider vinegar is very effective remedy not only to treat a headache and acid stomach but also to treat gout and arthritis. The acidity in apple cider vinegar helps to relieve the acute pain. You can also add honey to the apple cider solution to boost the body’s anti-inflammatory response.
- Take a glass of water and mix one teaspoon of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Drink it two to three times a day.
- If you find this remedy helpful for you so you can also increase the dosage of apple cider vinegar to up to two tablespoons.
5.) Cherries to Treat Gout
Cherries whether sour or sweet can also be very helpful in treating gout due to their antioxidant properties. it also contains anthocyanins, which can reduce the inflammation and minimize the gout flare ups.
- Those who are suffering from gout, it is recommended to eat 15 to 20 cherries a day. for better result start your day with some cherries
- Or you can use another option. drink a glass of black cherry juice daily. You can also add a few minced garlic cloves in it.
6.) Epsom salt to Treat Gout
Epsom salt is a very effective remedy to get rid of gout and other forms of arthritis. The high amount of magnesium present in Epsom salt can improve the condition of your heart and lower the high blood pressure You need to soak the affected body part in the warm water mixed with Epsom salt, it relaxes the aching muscles and relieves pain.
- Add two cups of Epsom salt to a warm bath water for a leisure bath.
- Soak your body in it until the water starts losing heat.
- Do this once a week. If you have severe gout, you can try it two to three times a week.
7.) Bananas to Cure Gout
Bananas are very effective to get rid of gout. It is high in potassium which converts uric acid crystal into a liquid form that flushed out the body later through urination. Bananas also contain a moderate amount of vitamin C which is very effective in managing pain and swelling.
- You just simply need to eat one or two bananas daily and soon you will notice an improvement in your condition.
- Or you can use another option. add one ripe banana to one-half cup of yogurt. This will help to keep diarrhea away.
8.) Apples to Get Rid of Gout
It is very common to hear from the people that “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. It is a very good habit to eat least one apple a day especially when you are suffering from gout.
- Experts suggest that eating an apple after each meal can help to get rid of gout. The malic acid present in apples will help you to neutralize the uric acid in the body and relieve gout pain and inflammation. If you don’t like to eat apples, so you also try apple juice. Along with an apple, it is a good idea to eat raw carrots daily.
9.) Activated charcoal to Treat Gout
It is known to absorb uric acid, you can safely use it for the treatment of gout. Those who are suffering from gout, they should take a charcoal bath two or three times a week.
- Take some water and mix one-half cup of charcoal powder to make a paste. Put this paste in a tub and add more water in it. then soak your affected body part for at least half an hour. This remedy is good for gout in the ankle joint of bid toe.
- For other affected parts, you can make a charcoal paste and apply it on the skin. Leave it for about half an hour then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Or you can use another remedy. you can also take activated charcoal capsules orally to relieve gout pain and inflammation. But first, consult your doctor before using this.
10.) Cold Water to Get Rid of Gout
Placing the affected are in the cold water can reduce the swelling and pain. When you are suffering from gout, so don’t use directly on the skin because it can damage the skin and make your condition worse.
- Immerse the inflamed, swollen joint in the cold water for about 10 to 15 minutes. then repeat the process several times a day.
- Or you can use an ice pack for about 15 minutes, but first wrap it in a towel before placing it on the affected area. Do it twice a day. do not use excess ice pack because it can lead to crystallization of uric acid.
11.) Pineapple to Treat Gout
Pineapple is a natural source of bromelain, bromelain is an inflammatory enzyme. It also helps to increase the blood circulation in the affected is, thus help your body erode the urate crystal.
12.) Avocados to Get Rid of Gout
Avocados contain monosaturated fat and antioxidants that act as an anti-inflammatory agents. Adding avocados to your diet will help you to get rid of gout naturally. In case you are wondering there are other ways of consuming avocado besides consuming copious amount of guacamole.