After writing, how to improve blood circulation?, how to lower cholesterol level?, and how to heal your thyroid naturally?, we are now writing the most effective ways to lower your high blood pressure naturally. Increased blood pressure can boost the risk of heart diseases, especially, heart attack. It can cause stroke, kidney failure, cognitive decline, etc. Most of the people have high blood pressure but they remain unaware of it. In this article, we are presenting the best ways to lower your high blood pressure naturally with best of the home remedies and lifestyle changes. There are various medications to control high blood pressure but these medicines come with side-effects too. It can lead to dizziness, insomnia, leg cramps, etc. It is not too tough to lower high blood pressure. You just have to make some simple lifestyle changes. Read on to know more about the useful home remedies for lower your high blood pressure.
How Can You Get High Blood Pressure?
- Home Remedies to Lower High Blood Pressure:
- 1) Increase Physical Activity to Lower High Blood Pressure
- 2) Avoid Salt to Lower High Blood Pressure
- 3) Eliminate Trans Fat to Lower High Blood Pressure
- 4) Eat Healthy Foods to Lower High Blood Pressure:
- 5.) Lemon to Lower Your Blood Pressure Fast
- 6.) Coconut Water to Reduce High Blood Pressure Naturally
- 7.) Watermelon Seeds to Treat High Blood Pressure Fast
- 8.) Garlic to Get Rid of High Blood Pressure Overnight
- 9.) Honey to Reduce High Blood Pressure Fast and Naturally
- 10.) Fenugreek Seeds to Lower Your Blood Pressure Fast
- 11.) Quit Smoking to Lower High blood Pressure
- 12.) Cut Back on Caffeine
- 13.) Drink Alcohol in Moderation to Lower High Blood Pressure
- 14.) Reduce Stress to Lower High Blood Pressure
An unhealthy lifestyle will increase your blood pressure or hypertension. If your blood pressure reading above 140/90 mmHg then it means your blood pressure is high. A high blood pressure puts you at risk for a number of health problems such as heart attack and stroke. Long-term high blood pressure will increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease and some other complications such as poor circulation, damage to the heart muscle and tissue. High blood pressure occurs when the force of the blood is high against artery walls and causing health problems.
There are certain causes of high blood pressure such as genetic factors, obesity, high salt intake, lack of aerobic exercise, stress, kidney disease and excessive drinking. You can control or lower your high blood pressure naturally by maintaining your lifestyle and with some easy home treatments.
Home Remedies to Lower High Blood Pressure:
1) Increase Physical Activity to Lower High Blood Pressure
Exercise can help you to lose some pounds. Being physically active helps you to reduce your waistline efficiently and effectively. Exercise for around 40 minutes a day three times a week. It can reduce your blood pressure by 4-9 mm of Hg (mercury). Though, it is not easy but losing some weight from your body can be an effective way to keep your high blood pressure in control. Consider:
- Take a brisk walk of around 30-40 minutes. It can burn around 100-200 calories.
- You can also take up running and jogging. It will help you in losing some weight. Your stamina will get improved too.
- Aerobics and rope-jumping are also beneficial. These are simplest of all.
- Bicycling is also a form of exercise. It is good for people of all ages.
- Swimming is another good option for losing some pounds. It can help you tone up your whole body and improve metabolism rate too.
2) Avoid Salt to Lower High Blood Pressure
Reducing the intake of sodium in the form of salt can help lowering your high blood pressure by 2-8 mm of Hg. You should read the label on food items in order to confirm the salt content present in it. If it is more than 1500 mg then you could go for other alternative option having less salt. Avoid processed food as it has higher salt content. You may gradually decrease consumption of salt through your food. Add herbs and spices to enhance flavor of food.
3) Eliminate Trans Fat to Lower High Blood Pressure
Trans fat is very bad for your health. It makes you more fatty and unhealthy. High blood pressure can be checked by keeping a record of everything you eat. Although, it is not easy to abandon the sources of trans fat. It is found in partially hydrogenated oils and butter. You should avoid using them for your cooking purposes. Olive oil should be used in place of hydrogenated vegetable oils. Cookies, pastries, fried foods are rich in trans fat. Avoid dining out much.
4) Eat Healthy Foods to Lower High Blood Pressure:
Vegetables and fruits are good sources of vitamins and minerals. Eating plenty of vegetables and fruits can help you in lowering high blood pressure. These contain calcium, magnesium and potassium which are good alternative for sodium. Vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, cabbage, avocado, asparagus, spinach and green leafy vegetables should be preferred. Banana is full of potassium and should be included in your diet.
Proteins should be a compulsory part of your diet. It is the building block of muscles and helps in regulating metabolism. Moreover, protein is not stored as fat by the body. Soybeans, chicken, salmon, black beans, kidney beans, legumes, lentils, etc. are rich in proteins and contain potassium and magnesium too.
Skim milk is rich in calcium and vitamin D. it can help in lowering high blood pressure by 5-10 %. Sprouted seeds can work wonders for you. Seeds like flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and hemp seeds are high in fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Dark Chocolate can help in lowering down high blood pressure. Cocoa powder is the main ingredient of dark chocolate and it contains about 70 % of cocoa powder in it.
5.) Lemon to Lower Your Blood Pressure Fast
Lemon is one of the effective home remedies for reducing high blood pressure. Lemons helps to keep your blood vessels soft and your high blood pressure will be reduced. Lemon can reduce the chance of heart failure by consuming lemon juice on a regular basis. The vitamin C in lemon helps to neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Simply add the lemon juice from half a lemon in a cup of warm water.
- Drink it in the morning on an empty stomach. Don’t add sugar and salt for better results.
6.) Coconut Water to Reduce High Blood Pressure Naturally
Coconut water is one of the best and effective natural remedies for lowering your blood pressure. People with high blood pressure should keep their bodies well hydrated. So drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to keep yourself hydrated. Coconut water is rich in magnesium, potassium and vitamin C that can help to decrease systolic blood pressure.
7.) Watermelon Seeds to Treat High Blood Pressure Fast
Watermelon contains cucurbocitrin compound which helps to widen the blood capillaries. It also helps to improve kidney functioning. This results in reducing blood pressure levels.
- Grind equal amount of poppy seeds and dried watermelon seeds. Have 1 tsp of this mixture in the morning on an empty stomach.
- You can also add 2 tsp of crushed dried watermelon seeds to 1 cup of boiled water. Let it steep for an hour and then strain it. Take 4 tbsp of this water at regular basis throughout the day.
8.) Garlic to Get Rid of High Blood Pressure Overnight
Both raw and cooked garlic helps to control high blood pressure and reduce cholesterol levels. Garlic helps to relax blood vessels by stimulating the production of hydrogen sulfide and nitric oxide.
- You can consume raw 1 or 2 crushed garlic cloves daily. Crushed garlic releases hydrogen sulfide that helps to promote good blood flow, remove gas and reduce the pressure on the heart.
- You can also mix 5 or 6 drops of garlic juice in 4 tsp of water and consume it 2 times a day.
9.) Honey to Reduce High Blood Pressure Fast and Naturally
Honey helps to reduce pressure from the heart and also it gives a calming effect on blood vessels. Therefore, it will be helpful in reducing high blood pressure.
- Consume 2 tsp of honey on an empty stomach in the morning.
- You can also make a paste by mixing 1 tsp of honey, ginger juice with 2 tsp of cumin seed powder. Consume this mixture twice a day.
- Another remedy is you can mix equal amount of honey and basil leaves juice and eat it on an empty stomach daily.
10.) Fenugreek Seeds to Lower Your Blood Pressure Fast
Fenugreek seeds are the best and effective ingredient for controlling high blood pressure due to having high potassium and dietary fiber content.
- Boil 1 to 2 tsp of fenugreek seeds in water for 2 minutes and then strain the solution.
- Make a paste by putting the seeds in the blender and then mix them into a paste.
- Consume this paste 2 times a day, once in the morning and in the evening. Make sure eat it on an empty stomach.
- Follow this remedy for 2 to 3 months to see the improvement in your blood pressure.
11.) Quit Smoking to Lower High blood Pressure
If you smoke, then you should think of quitting it for lowering your high blood pressure. Smoking can increase your blood pressure for several minutes. This can result in various heart diseases. Furthermore, smoking can amplify your stress level which can increase your blood pressure. If you quit smoking then you may keep your blood pressure normal. Those persons who have quit smoking can find upto 5 % increase their life expectancy easily.
12.) Cut Back on Caffeine
Some people observe rise in blood pressure level after consuming caffeine in the form of coffee or tea. It can increase upto 10 mm of Hg level in some persons. You might check your blood pressure after consuming caffeine. If it rises up by 5-10 mm of Hg level then you are sensitive to caffeine. Avoid high caffeine intake to lower down high blood pressure.
Caffeine increases the heart rate and blood pressure, especially in those who don’t consume it on a regular basis. At high doses, it can cause irregular heartbeats. Don’t consume it more than 400 mg daily. An 8 Oz coffee has 100-150 mg, a 1 Oz contains 30-90 mg and an 8 Oz caffeinated tea has 40-120 mg.
13.) Drink Alcohol in Moderation to Lower High Blood Pressure
Drinking alcohol in moderate amount can be beneficial for lowering your high blood pressure by 2-4 mm of Hg. But if you drink in an uncontrolled manner then you may end up increasing your blood pressure to many folds. However, if you don’t drink alcohol then let it be. Do not start drinking alcohol just to lowering down the blood pressure. The daily consumption limit of women is just one drink per day and for men, the limit is two drinks per day. You should also note it down that drinking too much alcohol can lead to heart failure and stroke.
14.) Reduce Stress to Lower High Blood Pressure
Stress, depression and anxiety can increase your risk of increasing blood pressure. Although, chronic stress is an important contributor but occasional stress may also play a great role in increasing your blood pressure. You should practice deep breathing exercises to relieve stress. Avoid situations and persons that bother you. Learn to accept things and change your expectations. You should keep yourself calm and relaxed in order to lower down high blood pressure. Drink water whenever you feel like you are losing your temper. Reducing stress can help you to improve your physical and emotional health. Participating in hobbies you enjoy, yoga and meditation are the best way to rest and relax.