Indigestion is also known as dyspepsia, is due to a problem in the secretion of digestive juices in the stomach. Usually, indigestion occurs due to after eating spicy or fatty foods or quickly or eating too much. It can also trigger or made worse due to gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress or anxiety, ulcers, obesity, irritable bowel syndrome, stomach infection, smoking and certain medications. Keep reading to know best ways to get rid of indigestion.
Bloating, gas, abdominal pain, heartburn, growling stomach, burning sensation in the upper abdomen, acidic taste and vomiting as some of the symptoms of indigestion. The are a number of ways, you can easily get relief from indigestion symptoms using an ingredient from your pantry. For instance sipping a little water at the first sign of indigestion, it can easily give you some relief as it helps to increase the gastric pH. There are many remedies to treat indigestion.
Ways to Get Rid of Indigestion
- Ways to Get Rid of Indigestion
- 1.) Ginger to Relive Indigestion
- 2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Indigestion
- 3.) Fennel Seeds to Treat Indigestion
- 4.) Carom seeds to Relive Indigestion
- 5.) Cumin to Get Rid of Indigestion
- 6.) Coriander to Relive Indigestion
- 7.) Basil to Get Rid of Indigestion
- 8.) Cinnamon to Relieve Indigestion Fast
- 9.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Indigestion
- 10.) Sipping water to Treat Indigestion
- 11.) Eat mild and Soft Foods to Get Rid of Indigestion
- 12.) Avoid doing Vices
1.) Ginger to Relive Indigestion
Ginger stimulates the digestive juice and the flow of enzymes that can help to digest your food. This makes ginger an effective remedy to get rid of indigestion, especially when it is caused by overeating. Even as the preventive measure, you can sprinkle salt on some fresh ginger slices and can chew it thoroughly after eating a heavy meal.
- Take one teaspoon of lemon juice, two teaspoons of ginger juice and a pinch of table salt and black salt. Mix all the ingredient thoroughly and consume it with or without water, as per your preferences.
- Or you can use another option, add two teaspoons of ginger juice and one teaspoon of honey to a cup of warm water and drink this solution.
- You can also drink ginger tea to get relief from bloating, gas, cramps and stomach aches. To make a ginger tea, you need to boil one teaspoon of grated ginger in a cup of water for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Or you can also add ginger as a spice in your recipes, it will also help you if you are suffering from indigestion.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Indigestion
Apple cider vinegar is often used to kick start if you have a slow stomach. Though it is acidic in nature, it also has an alkalizing effect that can help to settle indigestion.
- You need to add one tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a cup of water.
- Then mix one teaspoon if raw honey in it.
- Drink this solution two to three times a day for a quick relief.
3.) Fennel Seeds to Treat Indigestion
Fennel seeds is an effective remedy to get rid of indigestion caused by very spicy or fatty food. As fennel seeds contain volatile oils that can help to reduce nausea and control flatulence.
- You need to grind, dry and sieve fennel seeds. Then take half teaspoon of this powder along with water. use this remedy twice day.
- Or you can drink this fennel tea made by steeping two teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds in a cup of hot water.
- Or you can use another option, simply chew a spoonful of fennel seeds to get relief from symptoms.
4.) Carom seeds to Relive Indigestion
Carom seeds are also known as ajwain or bishop weed, have digestive and carminative properties that can help to get rid of indigestion, flatulence, and diarrhea.
- Grind some ginger and some carom seeds together into a fine powder. Add one teaspoon of this powder and a little black pepper to a cup of warm water. Drink this solution once or twice a day.
- Or just simply by eating one-half teaspoon of carom seeds can also provide relief from indigestion.
5.) Cumin to Get Rid of Indigestion
Cumin has been using since long in Ayurvedic remedy for digestive problems including indigestion, diarrhea, nausea and flatulence. it stimulates the secretion of pancreatic enzymes that aids digestion.
- Take a glass of water and mix one teaspoon of roasted cumin seeds powder in it,then drink this solution.
- If you have heaviness in the stomach, so add one-quarter teaspoon each of black pepper and roasted cumin seed powder to a glass of buttermilk and drink this two to three times a day for a few days.
6.) Coriander to Relive Indigestion
It is an effective spice to get rid of indigestion as it promotes the production of digestive enzymes in the stomach and calm the stomach.
- Put one teaspoon of roasted coriander seed powder to as glass of buttermilk and drink this once or twice a day.
- To reduce the acidity in the stomach, you need to extract the juice of fresh coriander leaves and mix one teaspoon of this juice with one cup of buttermilk. Drink it two or three times a day.
7.) Basil to Get Rid of Indigestion
Basil is an excellent remedy that has been using since ages in Ayurveda to treat indigestion and acid reflux. It also helps to relieve intestinal gas due to its carminative properties.
- Add one teaspoon of basil leaves to a cup of hot water and let it steep for about 10 minutes. drink this solution three times day.
- Or you can use another option. mix 5 to 6 ground basil leave with ¼ teaspoon of sea salt and a little black pepper powder in a 2 to 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt. Consume it 2 to 3 times a day.
8.) Cinnamon to Relieve Indigestion Fast
This readily available spice can be a great remedy when you are suffering from indigestion. Cinnamon helps in the digestive process that can provide relief from the cramps and be bloating.
- Add one-half teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a cup of boiling water and allow it to steep for a few minutes.
- Drink this tea when it is still warm for the best result.
9.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Indigestion
The great thing about peppermint is that it can instantly give you relief from your whole digestive system especially if it is already very painful because of indigestion. It is cool in nature so it can soothe your digestive system and make you feel better.
- Prepare the peppermint tea bag by placing it in the warm water for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Take out the tea bag and water for the water to let it cool.
- Drink this tea by sipping it slowly.
10.) Sipping water to Treat Indigestion
You may not be aware of this but when you have an indigestion due to overeating or eating food products that are not that compatible with your system, so you are recommended to drink a water to aid digestion.
- If it’s possible so prefer drinking warm water.
- Don’t drink too much water because it can make you feel worse.
11.) Eat mild and Soft Foods to Get Rid of Indigestion
If you have indigestion, so you can barely eat anything but if you have to eat already, you do not want your stomach to become shocked because of the food product that you are eating. So, in that case, you need to eat food product that is mild and soft.
- Instead of eating solid food you need to eat soup. There are different soups that you can take.
- Don’t eat fatty food product. There are much other fatty products that you are tempted to eat but they will only be bad for your stomach.
- Avoid eating spicy food as spicy food product will not aggravate your current situation.
12.) Avoid doing Vices
If you drink or smoke, you need to know that when you do vices, it only aggravate your condition. If you know that you will not be able to last a day without a cigarette, you should start to limit your cigarette intake. It will not only help your indigestion, it will also help your overall health.
- Aside from smoking, you also need to lessen your alcohol intake.
- It will also help you if you can also limit your caffeine intake.