This article will focus on the causes of diarrhea and get rid of diarrhea. Experiencing diarrhea is one of the biggest problems when you are going outside. It is also common to experience diarrhea once in your life. When you suffer from diarrhea, then you are not able to do any work. In the beginning, when you go to the toilet frequently, you can feel embarrassment. There are several causes of diarrhea such as bacterial infections, anxiety, viral infections, intestinal diseases and consumption of contaminated food and water. You must be thinking about how long does diarrhea last? Well, it usually takes 2 to 4 days to recover completely, depending upon the severity of the problem.
Diarrhea occurs when your digestive system is not working properly, resulting in watery stools, frequent loose, dehydration, fever, nausea and abdominal pain. When you eat, your colon absorbs fluids from the food and that is why stool is semi-solid. When you consume large amounts of food and drinks, then they pass through your colon. This is the reason, diarrhea occurs.
Symptoms of Diarrhea:
- Watery stool
- Loose stools
- Nausea and vomiting
Causes of Diarrhea:
- Viral infection
- Alcohol abuse
- Bacterial infection
- Food intolerance
- Allergies to certain foods
- Intestinal diseases
Best Ways to Get Rid of Diarrhea:
- Best Ways to Get Rid of Diarrhea:
- 1.) Consume Fluids to Get Rid of Diarrhea
- 2.) Bananas to Cure Diarrhea Naturally
- 3.) Yogurt to Treat Diarrhea Fast
- 4.) BRAT Diet to Get Rid of Diarrhea Instantly
- 5.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of Diarrhea Fast
- 6.) Ginger to Get Rid of Diarrhea Naturally
- 7.) Fenugreek Seeds to Treat Diarrhea Fast
- 8.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Diarrhea
- 9.) White Rice to Get Rid of Diarrhea
- 10.) Carrot Soup to Get Rid of Diarrhea
- 11.) Black Seed Oil to Get Rid of Diarrhea Fast
- 12.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Diarrhea Naturally
There are many ways that will provide you relief from the symptoms of Diarrhea. You can easily get rid of diarrhea by following these methods.
1.) Consume Fluids to Get Rid of Diarrhea
Consuming lots of fluids is one of the best ways to treat Diarrhea. Liquids foods are better than solid foods. As liquids can be easily absorbed by the body. Break your meals into five or six snack size meal. Similarly, instead of drinking a glass of water at once, take a small sips of fluids in every few minutes. Having soup is the best idea to have enough nutrients and hence it will keep you hydrated.
2.) Bananas to Cure Diarrhea Naturally
Banana is the best and effective method to treat diarrhea without medicine. Banana contains high pectin content. This pectin is a water soluble fiber that helps to get rid of diarrhea. It is also rich in potassium which is an electrolyte that supports numerous functions in the body. Eating a ripe banana is highly recommended to treat diarrhea. So, have some ripe bananas in a day until you get relief from diarrhea.
3.) Yogurt to Treat Diarrhea Fast
Yogurt contains good bacteria that can help to treat diarrhea fast and effectively. It is a good home remedy for diarrhea. The bacteria help to destroy the bad bacteria that causing diarrhea and restore the good bacteria in your intestine. Using yogurt is the best way to get rid of diarrhea fast without medicine.
Steps to Use Yogurt:
- Consume two bowls of yogurt in a day that can give you relief.
- You can also eat or add a banana with yogurt for best results.
4.) BRAT Diet to Get Rid of Diarrhea Instantly
Some people know about BRAT diet, but never tried it. BRAT means Banana, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. These four things can help you to cure diarrhea quickly. These contain little acidity and little sugar. They help to soothe your intestines and make your digestive system better.
Steps to Use BRAT:
- Mix up banana, rice, applesauce and toast with each meal that you are going to eat.
- For good taste, you can also mix rice with soups.
- Avoid butter on your toast because it can make your condition worse. Although, desserts are easier to eat because apple sauce and banana both are good in taste.
5.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of Diarrhea Fast
Chamomile tea contains antispasmodic properties that can give you relief from stomach disorder such as diarrhea. It gives the soothing effect to your digestive system to treat diarrhea. Also, it reduces the intestinal inflammation. Chamomile is the effective way to get rid of diarrhea fast without medicine.
Steps to Use Chamomile Tea:
- Take 1 tsp of chamomile leaves and 1 tsp of peppermint leaves.
- Boil a cup of water and add these leaves to it.
- Boil it for ten minutes and then strain it.
- Now, drink this chamomile tea few times a day.
- You can also drink green tea to treat your digestive system.
6.) Ginger to Get Rid of Diarrhea Naturally
Ginger is not only used for throat and voice problems, but also used for stomach problems. Ginger is one the best home remedies to treat food poisoning and can help to treat abdominal pain and cramps.
Steps to Use Ginger:
- Take a small piece of ginger and add 1 tsp of honey to it.
- Eat the mixture to improve digestion and release the gastric juices. After eating it, do not drink water.
- You can also prepare ginger tea and drink it 2 to 3 times a day to cure diarrhea. Boil one cup of water by adding one small piece of ginger to it. Strain the ginger tea and add a little honey to it. Drink it to get quick relief from diarrhea.
7.) Fenugreek Seeds to Treat Diarrhea Fast
Fenugreek seeds are recommended for treating diarrhea due to its high mucilage content. Mucilage gives a strong antidiarrheal effect. Fenugreek seeds is one of the best home remedies to treat diarrhea.
Steps to Use Fenugreek Seeds:
- Consume 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds along with 1 tbsp of yogurt.
- Another method, mix one half tsp of roasted fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds. Now add 2 tbsp of yogurt to it and mix it properly. Consume this mixture 3 times a day to get relief from the symptoms of diarrhea.
8.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Diarrhea
Apple cider vinegar is the best home remedy for almost every health problem. Apple cider vinegar contains antibacterial and soothing properties. It fights against bacteria that cause diarrhea. It is an effective remedy to cure diarrhea.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Take 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and add it to a glass of water.
- Drink this ACV solution two times a day until you get relief from diarrhea symptoms.
9.) White Rice to Get Rid of Diarrhea
Plain white rice is highly recommended to treat diarrhea because it helps in digestion. Plain rice is very helpful to decrease the amount of stools. Without adding any spices and sauces, eat plain white rice. As your diarrhea improves, increase the amount of rice in your diet.
Steps to Use Rice:
- Take 2 cups of water and 1 cup of white rice.
- Boil two cups of water in a bowl.
- Now, add 1 cup of rice to it.
- Boil it until the rice is properly cooked.
- Now, eat it two times a day for better results.
10.) Carrot Soup to Get Rid of Diarrhea
Carrot soup has antiantdyseptic effects which help in treating diarrhea. Carrot soup provides essential nutrients that help in proper functioning of the digestive system.
Steps to Use Carrot:
- Wash the half gram carrots and finely chop them.
- Pressure cook the chopped carrots by adding one-half cup of water for 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid.
- Now, add a little salt to it.
- Consume this fresh carrot soup for a few days until you get relief from diarrhea.
11.) Black Seed Oil to Get Rid of Diarrhea Fast
Black seed is used in the treatment of various many health problems such as asthma, colic, gas, diarrhea and constipation. Use black seed oil for treating diarrhea. Using black seed oil is one of the best home remedy to treat diarrhea and its symptoms.
Steps to Use Black Seed:
- Take one tsp of black seed oil and add it in a cup of yogurt.
- Eat this mixture two times a day until the symptoms of diarrhea is completely gone.
12.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Diarrhea Naturally
Peppermint is a good ingredient to relieve stomach problems such as stomach pain and cramps. It has antibacterial and soothing properties which help in treating diarrhea naturally. It also soothes abdominal pain and cramps.
Steps to Use Peppermint:
- Take some mint leaves and one cup of water. Now, boil one cup of water.
- Add these mint leaves to hot water and allow it to steep for a few minutes.
- Drink this peppermint tea 2 to 3 times a day. This peppermint tea is helpful to treat diarrhea fast.
Additional Useful Tips to Get Rid of Diarrhea:
- Avoid drinks, which are high in caffeine, carbonation, dairy and sugar. Avoid drinks like alcohol, sugar and caffeinated teas.
- If you are experiencing diarrhea then you should suck ice cubes so that fluids get into your body.
- Consult a doctor in worst condition.
- Don’t use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines such as aspirin, naproxen and ibuprofen. As these medicines can worsen your diarrhea.
- Bismuth subsalicylate and Loperamide both are antacid and anti-inflammatory which is used to treat diarrhea.
- You can use heating pad when you are suffering from abdominal cramp.
- Taking plenty of rest is helpful to get relief from diarrhea.
- Avoid foods which are high in fiber, fat and produce gas. Such types of foods can worsen diarrhea and stomach pain.
- Foods which are high in potassium, salty foods and soup are best to eat when you have diarrhea.