Scabs are very unattractive. Having a big, ugly one stuck somewhere noticeable when you have a night out planned is not good. They probably appear on the knee, arm, or elbow or somewhere else due to injury. Scabs are the natural process of skin rejuvenation, they are formed as a result of skin injuries that lead to the creation of heard coating on the skin and provide a protection for bleeding injuries. They appear as a beginning of the healing process of severe injuries. They are potentially leaving indelible scars, although scabs are healed, removing them is another challenge. However, you can use several remedies to get rid of a scab.
Ways to Get Rid of a Scab:
1.) Plantain Leaves to Treat Scab
Plantain is a very effective remedy to get rid of a scab. According to the research, plantain leaf has an effective healing property. Anti-inflammatory properties present in plantain leaves are very useful for curing scabs and other types of cuts.
- Take about 10 plantain leaf and put them in a small container
- Then extract the juice out of it and apply it on the affected area. This application will speed up the healing process.
- Follow this treatment every day until your injuries get healed.
2.) Onion Juice to Cure Scab
Onion has antimicrobial properties which make it one of the effective remedy to get rid of a scab without even leaving any noticeable scars. It also contains antioxidant that protects the skin from viruses and free radicals. It creates a soft and healthy skin.
- Take some onion and blend them to form a smooth paste. Add some honey and stir the mixture properly.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and allow it to stay for about 10 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with cold water and follow the application at least three times a day for several days.
3.) Aloe Vera to Treat Scab
Aloe Vera is very good to treat all the skin related problem. it is the effective remedy when it comes to get rid of a scab and cuts due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. Aloe promotes the circulation of blood vessels. Therefore the topical application of Aloe Vera works efficiently to relieve cuts, bruises and superficial scabs.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaves and extract the juice out of it. Apply this Aloe Vera juice on your scabs.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and rinse, then rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat this process for at least 3 to 4 times a day for several days to get rid of scabs and cut.
4.) Baking Soda to Treat Scab
Baking soda acts as a mild antiseptic and fungicide, which is useful for killing bacteria and fungi that grow around the wound and scabs. It also works to remove scabs gently by tightening. Baking soda is most appropriate when scabs and cuts stay at the stage of healing. It works efficiently to eliminate scars and scabs completely. It is one of the best remedy to get rid of a Scab
- Take two tablespoons of baking soda and mix it with enough amount of water to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on the affected area and also on the surrounding area.
- Allow it to get dry completely and rinse it with lukewarm water afterwards.
- Use this remedy twice a day for several days until you scabs recover completely.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of a Scab
Apple cider vinegar promotes the skin pH balance and helps to improve the growth of skin cells. it is appropriate as an application of treatment to get rid of cuts and scabs. Apple cider vinegar is also rich in anti-microbial properties that allow the extermination bacteria that may present in the skin.
- Take about 5 ml of apple cider solution and mix it with water to dilute the solution.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into diluted vinegar solution and apply it liberally on scabs area.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes. then rinse it off with lukewarm water afterward. Repeat this process several times a day to get the desired result.
6.) Tea Tree Oil to Cure Scab
Tea tree oil is one of the effective solutions when it comes to eliminating the scabs. It has antiseptic properties that help to promote the healing of the scabs and cut. Applying tea tree oil topically can help to restore skin softness due to various problems that can arise. It is one of the best remedy to get rid of a scab
- Take tea oil and put some drops on a piece of cotton.
- Gently apply tea tree oil on your cuts and scabs evenly, including surrounding area.
- Repeat the application several times a day
- You can also apply tea tree oil to cure acne and acne scars effectively as well.
7.) Garlic to Treat Scab
Garlic is one of the effective remedies that helps to get rid of a scab. It has been using since ages to treat cuts and scabs. Garlic has antimicrobial properties that helps to prevent infection easily and efficiently.
- Take the garlic and blend them into a cup of wine. Leave it for about two hours and strain the solution properly.
- Apply the solution to the scabs area, apply it with the help of cotton ball to make it easier.
- Leave for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Keep to mind to leave it only about 10 minutes not more than that because it will cause some irritation to the skin.
- Repeat this process several times a day for several days to get the better result.
8.) Honey to Get Rid of a Scab
Honey is a very effective remedy to treat various skin problems. It has antiseptic properties which are useful to fight against bacteria and cleanse the wound. Honey help to increase the recovery process and prevent the formation of scars.
- Take a small amount of honey and apply it on the affected area. Leave until the application dries out.
- Rinse it off with warm water and after that repeat the process several times a day for the best result.
9.) Potassium alum to Treat Scab
Potassium alum is obtained as a result of the reaction or aluminum sulfate and potassium sulfate and it is commonly used as a deodorant, astringent and styptic. Alum is also effective for treating cuts and scabs.
- Prepare a small amount of alum and grind it to form a fine powder. Add adequate amount of water and mix evenly to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes until the paste dries out.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water and repeat the process several times a day for a few days until the scabs off.
10.) Epsom salt to Get Rid of a Scab
Epsom salt has the ability to provide a calming effect when applied topically. It also helps to relieve the pain and irritation due to emergence scabs. It can reduce the swelling and redness around the scabs.
- Pour some Epsom salt in a bathtub and use it for soaking for about 30 minutes.
- Then pat dry scab once you come out of the tub. Repeat the process several times a day to remove scabs easily.
11.) Warm compress to Treat Scab
Dip the cotton ball in the warm water and put it on the affected area as a warm compress
- Repeat the process several times a day it will help to dissolve the scab.
- Apply Neosporin after applying the compress to reduce the risk of infection and speed up the healing process.
12.) Body lotion to Get Rid of a Scab
Make sure the scab is not oozing pus and it is completely dry.
- If your scab is oozing or wet, tape a paper towel on it lightly and leave it on for overnight.
- Once it will get dry, put about a handful of moisturizing lotion on the affected area. Keep in mind that don’t rub it.
- Wrap the plastic wrap around the scab and lotion. You have to make sure that no air can get under the plastic wrap.
- Leave it on for overnight.
- Repeat the process until the scab is gone.