Our skin has sebum gland that produces oil. This natural oil balances the dryness in our body. However, if it is produced in the access, it gets clogged in the pores. Because of it, pores become visible. Open pores attract dirt and pollutants that lead to a formation of bacteria, which further leads to skin problems like a pimple, acne, blemishes, whiteheads and blackheads. To prevent this skin conditions and to make your skin healthy it is very important to close the pores. Below we have listed some of the ideal remedies that will help you shrink pores.
Remedies to Shrink Pores:
1.) Fuller’s Earth to Shrink Pores
Fuller earth is one of the ideal home remedies for open pores. It removes the excess oil clogged in the pores that are the main cause of the open pores. It also exfoliates the skin and helps to shrink the pores. In addition fullers earth encounters blemishes, scars and tanning as well.
How to Apply Fuller’s Earth?
- In a bowl add 2 tablespoons of fuller earth and rose water or cucumber water or normal water. Mix both the ingredients thoroughly to get a fine paste.
- Wash your face and neck area. Pat it dry and spread the fullers earth paste on it.
- Leave it on until it dries completely. Then rinse it with cold water and apply a face moisturiser. Since fuller’s earth remove the oil, therefore, it slightly dries the, therefore, its best to apply a moisturiser.
- Apply this mud mask 1-2 times a week.
2.) Baking Soda to Shrink Pores
Baking soda exfoliates the skin and eliminates the excessive oil, debris and stored in the pores of the skin. It also maintains the pH level of the skin. Moreover, it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Because of all these properties, baking soda helps to get rid of other skin problems such as a pimple and acne as well.
How to Apply Baking Soda?
- Mix some baking and lukewarm water to get a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck nicely. Make sure that you do not apply a thick layer of this paste.
- With the help of your fingers massage your skin in the circulation motion for 3-5 seconds.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and last clean it with cold water. Be sure that you always use cold water at the end as it helps to close the pores.
- Do this 3-5 times a week.
- P.S- Do not leave on the baking soda for long it time as it dries the skin. After removing it apply a light moisturiser.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Shrink Pores
ACV is a natural skin toner and astringent. It wipes off the oil trapped in the pores and cleanse the skin internally. Moreover, it is packed with the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help to fight back the acne and pimples.
How to Apply ACV?
- Mix equal quantity of water and apple cider vinegar.
- Clean your face and then apply ACV and water solution on your face.
- Leave it for 8-10 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- To close the pores follow this remedy regularly before going to the bed. Make sure that you apply a moisturiser after removing it.
4.) Egg Whites to Shrink Pores
Egg whites also help to shrink enlarged pores. It tightens the skin and removes all the dirt and oil clogged in the facial pores.
How to Apply Egg Whites?
- Whisk an egg white, if needed add a few drops of water and spread it on your face. Leave it on your face until it dries completely. Then rinse it off with cold water.
- Or, whip 2 egg whites and mix them with the half lemon juice. Apply this paste on your face nicely and leave it for a few minutes. Wash it with cool water. Follow this -3 times a week.
- If you want to a scrub and natural face pack then mix an egg white, lemon juice and oatmealApply it on your face. Leave it for 20 minutes. Then scrub it and rinse it off with cold water. Do this 2 times a week.
5.) Sugar Scrub to Shrink Pores
A homemade sugar scrub is also an ideal remedy for open pores. It cleans the pores and helps to reduce their size. Moreover, it exfoliates your skin, giving you a clean and clear skin.
How to Scrub with Sugar?
- To make a natural sugar scrub mix sugar, olive oil and few drops of lemon juice. Wash your face and pat it dry. Then spread this mixture on your face and gently rub it for a few minutes. Then rinse it with cold water Repeat this 2 times a week.
- Alternatively, put some granules of sugar on the slice of lemon and rub it on you face. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your face with cold water. Teapeat this 2-3 times a week. This will also help to remove the tanning. If you have dry skin and follow this remedy occasionally and add honey to the mixture before applying it.
6.) Lemon Juice to Shrink Pores
Lemon is packed with citric acid that has purifying agents. It not only eliminates the debris, pollutants and excess oil prom the pores, in fact, inhibits the growth of the bacteria as well. These bacteria lead to pimples and acne. Moreover, it is a natural bleach, therefore, it is a wonderful remedy for blemishes and dark spots as well.
How to Apply Lemon Juice?
- Wash your face and pat it dry and rub a lemon slice on the entire skin. Leave it on for few minutes and then rinse it off with the cool water.
- However, if you have dry skin type then mix a few drops of water and half tablespoon of honey in a tablespoon of lemon juice and spread it on your face. Leave it on until it dries completely. Wash it off, pat it dry with a towel and apply a moisturiser.
- Alternatively, a mixture of lemon juice and cinnamon powder will also help you to close the enlarged pores.
7.) Yogurt to Shrink Pores
Yogurt works best for dry skin. It is packed with the lactic acid. IOt removes the dirt and greasy particles from the press. Moreover, it is removes tanning, fines lines and wrinkles as well.
How to Apply Yogurt?
- Simply spread a plain yogurt on the face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse it off with cool water.
- To treat the tanning add a tablespoon of gram flour and a pinch of turmeric to yogurt before applying it.
- If you your skin is excessively oil then add egg white and crushed tablets of aspirin in the yogurt before applying it.
- Do any of the remedy 2-3 times a week.
8.) Cucumber to Shrink Pores
Cucumber is a natural astringent. It removes the dirt,m excessive oil and bacteria trapped in the pores. And this helps to shrink the pores. Moreover, it refreshes the skin and bid adieu to dull skin.
How to Apply Cucumber?
- Dip a cotton ball into the cucumber juice and spread it on your face. Simultaneously lie down and place slices of cucumber on each eye.
- For effective results add rose water a honey in the cucumber juice before applying it.
9.) Aspirin to Shrink Pores
Yes, you read it right. It’s aspirin that helps to tighten the pores. To make it simple it has a few properties that help to flush out the excess oil and dirt stored in the facial pores. Moreover, it also deals with acne breakouts, whiteheads and blackheads as well.
How to Apply Aspirin?
- Crush 1-2 aspirin, mix a few drops of water to it to get a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the visible points. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
- P.s- Do not use more than 2 tablets of aspirin.
10.) Ice Pack to Shrink Pores
If you put on makeup regularly then ice pack can help you in a great way. It helps to tighten the pores, keeps the makeup intact and promotes the blood circulation and gives you healthy and glowing skin.
How to Use Ice Pack
- Wrap a few ice cubes in washcloth or paper towel. Dab this ice pack on you face.
- Make sure that you cover the entire face. Do this for a few seconds and then apply your makeup. It will help you get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes as well.
- Most important, wash your face with cold water 2-3 times a day especially before going to bed to close the open pores.