A fever is a temporary increase in your body temperature. 98 to 99 degrees F is considered normal temperature. Normal body temperature for children and adults also can vary among individuals. According to the National Institute of health, a child has a fever when his or her body temperature is higher than 99.5 degrees, on the other hand, an adult has a fever when his or her body temperature exceeds to 99 to 99.5 degree F. fever is basically a symptom of other condition or illness. A fever can occur when your body is fighting an infection such as flu. Other reasons for a fever are a response to urinary tract infections, ear infection, gastroenteritis etc. some of the common symptoms associated with a fever include a headache, muscle ache, sweating, weakness, slight shivering etc.
A fever is a good thing and usually go away with in a few days. But if it is making you uncomfortable, so you can try some simple and easy remedies to break a fever. If your fever exceeds 104 degrees F. It can become very dangerous during such a situation, you should immediately go to a doctor.
Ways to Break a Fever:
- Ways to Break a Fever:
- 1.) Cool Water to Treat Fever
- 2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Fever
- 3.) Basil to Reduce a Fever
- 4.) Garlic to Break a Fever
- 5.) Ginger to Reduce a Fever
- 6.) Raisins to Break a Fever
- 7.) Egg white to Reduce a Fever
- 8.) Mint to Break a Fever
- 9.) Sandalwood to Reduce a Fever
- 10.) Turmeric to Break a Fever
1.) Cool Water to Treat Fever
Soak a washcloth in a cool tap water, then wring out the excess water and then sponge areas like feets, hands, armpit and groin to reduce the temperature.
- You can place the old damp washcloth on your forehead and at the back of your neck. The cloth pieces should be changed regularly after a few minutes. This remedy is beneficial when you are dealing with high fever as it also helps to keep the temperature under control.
- You can also take a bath in lukewarm water to relax your body. Taking a shower will not be a good idea. Or take as much as rest as possible to help the body fight the illness.
- Keep in mind that don’t use a very cold water as it might cause the internal body temperature to increase.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Fever
Using apple cider vinegar is very inexpensive and effective way to break a fever. It helps to reduce a fever quickly because the acid present in apple cider vinegar helps to draw heat out of the skin. It also contains mineral which helps to replenish minerals that get eliminated from the body due to fever.
- Fill a bathtub with warm water and add one-half cup of vinegar in it. soak in this water for about five to 10 minutes. With in half an hour you will see the improvement. Do this again when the body temperature is high.
- Or you can soak a washcloth in two parts of cool water and one part of apple cider vinegar. Wring out the excess solution and then place it on your tummy and forehead to break a fever. You can even wrap one around the soles of your feet. Once the washcloth will get warm change it with a new one soaked in the cool mixture. Repeat as often as require until the fever has reduced.
- Take two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of honey in a glass of water. Drink this solution two to three times a day.
3.) Basil to Reduce a Fever
Basil is an effective herb to break a fever. This herb is just as effective as many types of antibiotics available in the market. It has healing properties which will help to reduce the fever very quickly.
- You need to boil one teaspoon of crushed ginger and 20 basil leaves with one cup of water until the solution gets reduced to half. Add a little honey and drink this tea two to three times a day for three days to see the result.
- Or you can make a tea by mixing one-fourth teaspoon of pepper with one teaspoon of basil in one cup of boiling water. Let it steep for about five minutes and then strain and drink this tea. Drink it two to three times a day until you get recover completely.
4.) Garlic to Break a Fever
Garlic has warm nature which can help to lower a high fever by promoting sweating. It can also to eliminate harmful toxins from the body and speed up recovery. It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help the body to fight infection as well as ward off disease.
- Finely mince one garlic clove and add it to one cup of hot water. Let it steep for about 10 minutes. Then strain the solution and sip it slowly. Drink this tea two times a day and you will feel much better the next day.
- Or you can warm a mixture of two tablespoons of olive oil and two crushed garlic cloves. Apply this mixture over the sole of each foot and leave a few spots uncovered. Then wrap your feet with gauze to keep the garlic in place and leave it on for overnight. This can even eliminate the fever in just one night for some people.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women, then don’t use this remedy. It is also not recommended for small children.
5.) Ginger to Reduce a Fever
Ginger helps to expel the heat of body which in turn help to break a fever. It also has antibacterial and antiviral properties that help the immune system fight any kind of infection.
- Fill a bathtub with warm water and put two tablespoons of ginger in it. Soak in this water for about 10 minutes. Pat dry your body and go to bed and Cover yourself with a blanket. You will start sweating soon and your fever will come down.
- You can make ginger tea. Take one-half teaspoon of freshly grated ginger to one cup of boiling water. Let it steep for a few minutes. Then add some honey and drink this tea three to four times a day.
- Or you can mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with one-half teaspoon of ginger juice and add one tablespoon of honey. Consume this mixture three to four times day until your fever is gone.
6.) Raisins to Break a Fever
Raisins are loaded with phenolic phytonutrients, and it also has antioxidant and antibacterial properties. They also help the body to fight infection and break fevers. Raisins also act as a tonic for your body when you have a fever.
- Soak 25 raisins in one-half cup of water until the raisins become soft.
- Then crush the soaked raisins in the water and strain the liquid.
- The juice of half a lime to this solution to make it more effective
- Take this solution twice a day until the fever is gone.
7.) Egg white to Reduce a Fever
You can also use egg white to reduce to lower the fever. It works like cool get that can absorb the heat and break a fever. Within half an hour egg, whites can break draw the fever from the head to the feet.
- Take two egg white and beat them for a minute.
- Soak a paper towel in the egg white.
- Place the soaked cloth on the soles of your feet and wear socks to keep them in their place.
- When the cloths dry out and become warm, then replace them with new ones.
- Repeat until the fever is reduced to a safe level.
8.) Mint to Break a Fever
Mint has the cooling property that will help to keep the internal system cool and this, in turn, will help to reduce the body temperature. It also helps to extract excess heat from the body.
- Take one teaspoon of crushed mint leaves and add them in a cup of hot water. Let it steep for about 10 minutes. Strain the solution and add some honey if you want. Drink this tea three to four times a day to break a fever.
9.) Sandalwood to Reduce a Fever
Sandalwood has therapeutic and cooling properties that can help to bring down fever and inflammation. It will help to cool and calm down the entire body and mind. It will also help to get rid of a headache, one of the common symptoms associated with a fever.
- Mix one-half teaspoon of sandalwood powder with an enough water to make a thick paste.
- Then apply this thick coat of paste on the forehead.
- Repeat this several times a day until you get relief.
10.) Turmeric to Break a Fever
Curcumin is a chemical compound present in turmeric which contains potent antiviral, antibacterial and anti fungal properties which make it one of the best remedy to break a fever. It also helps to increase the immune system which fights with any kind of infection.
- Take one-half teaspoon of turmeric and one-fourth teaspoon of black pepper powder and mix it in a cup of hot milk.
- Drink this mixture twice a day to get relief from fever symptoms.