After writing, how to get rid of a cough?, how to get rid of a stuffy nose?, how to stop a runny nose?, and how to break a fever?, we are now writing the several ways to get rid of a cold without using medicine. Cold is a very common problem, which is highly infectious and really difficult to treat with medicines. In fact, there is no specific cure for a cold. However, one can get ease by taking some preventive measures. You may also experience mild fever, dry cough, headache, itchy eyes, reduced sense of taste and smell, sore throat, blocked or a runny nose, and frequent sneezing. Some of the causes of the cold changes due to weather, allergy, poor immunity, viral infection, etc.In any case, don’t believe the medications or can’t manage the cost of them? Follow this article, to know some best ays to get rid of cold without using medicine. Basic remedies in this article will help to disposing of the cold and ache with speed.
Best Ways to Get Rid of a Cold Without Using Medicine
1.) Use The Garlic Power
Garlic consists of antiviral and antibacterial properties that can be helpful to get rid of a cold without using medicine. Garlic is also good for your immune system and helps open up nasal congestion, and also helps remove toxins from your body. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take some crushed garlic and mix it with ½ of lemon juice and cayenne pepper, 1 tsp of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well together. Eat this mixture daily until you see some improvements.
- You can also use garlic in your food and drinks.
2.) Ginger Will Help
Ginger is also a beneficial home remedy for treating the common cold without medicine. It consists of antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the symptoms of a cold. To try this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- You can eat raw ginger or can also prepare a ginger tea.
- Boil some ginger in water and strain the solution.
- Add a few drops of honey for added benefits.
- Drink this tea several times a day to get rid of a cold fast.
3.) Make The Spice Tea
Spice tea is a very helpful remedy to get rid of a cold without using medicine. To use this remedy, try the following steps given below:
- Dry roast some coriander seeds. Mix 1 tsp of fennel seeds, cumin seeds and ¼ of fenugreek seeds.
- Now, take some hot water in a cup. Add one tsp of this mixture to the water and let it steep for 10 mins.
- Now strain the water and add some amount of honey to it. Sip it slowly while it is hot.
- Drink this spice tea daily to treat the common cold.
4.) Red Onion to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
Reds onion is a great remedy for those who are suffering from a cold can get ease from homemade red onion syrup. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- To prepare the syrup, you will need red onions and brown sugar or honey.
- Cut two to three slices horizontally.
- Put one slice of onion and add raw honey in the bowl.
- Repeat this process until the bowl is full.
- Now, cover the bowl and keep it 12 to 15 hours.
- After several hours, you will find a thick syrup.
- Take one tsp of this syrup 2-3 times a day to treat sore throats and other symptoms of a cold.
5.) Have The Chicken Soup
Chicken soup also consists of essential vitamins and nutrients that help get rid of a cold fast. The antioxidant properties of chicken soup fasten the healing process. In addition, it will increase immunity and strength in your body. For best results, try to make homemade chicken soup using chicken and organic vegetables. You can also add a tsp of honey for additional benefits.
6.) Use The Cinnamon
Cinnamon is another beneficial home remedy to get rid of a cold naturally. Cinnamon can help fight a common cold and help relieve the pain of a dry or a sore throat. Bring some water to boil and put 1 tsp of cinnamon powder and two cloves and boil it for 10-15 mins. Now, strain the water and drink it when it is still warm.
7.) Drink Hot Turmeric Milk
Milk, when mixed with ginger and turmeric powder, helps get rid of a cough as well as other symptoms of a cold, like a headache and body aches. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Boil a glass of milk and add 1 ½ tsp of turmeric powder and ginger powder.
- Let the milk cool down to room temperature.
- Try to drink it mixture 2-3 times a day before going to sleep.
8.) Pepper Will Help
Pepper is another available natural home remedy to get rid of a cold fast. It consists of capsaicin that helps remove the mucus and provide relief from nasal and chest congestion. To try this method, include pepper in your diet.
- Put some pepper in a glass of warm water and gargle it 2-3 times a day.
- If you cannot eat or drink pepper, smell pepper throughout the day.
- Repeat this remedy several times a day to get rid of a cold fast.
9.) Have Some Honey
You can also go for honey to heal a cold. Honey has soothing properties and thus can be used effectively to get rid of a common a cold. It helps get rid of bacteria and viruses causing a cold. You can simple consume a teaspoon of honey daily. What else you can do is:
- Take two spoons of honey and mix it with one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix it well and consume it. Have this mixture every two hours a day for best results.
10.) Drink Mullein Tea
Go for mullein tea and you will be able to cure a cold naturally at home. It has expectorant properties that helps get rid of chest congestion as well. It is the first symptom that accompanies a cold. So, have mullein tea one day and cure a cold.
Other Cure To Get Rid of a Cold Without Using Medicine
- If your fever is 100 Fahrenheit or under, don’t take fever medicine (like Tylenol or ibuprofen) unless you have issues with seizures.
- Suck on zinc tablets, don’t bite them. Take as per packet guidelines.
- Take normal showers and wash your hands after any introduction to your cold. Likewise, clean clothing, wash bunk bed covers (need), and surfaces that you may have presented to evade re-contamination.
- If hungry, eat homemade chicken noodle soup, or other effortlessly processed, high protein foods. Likewise, you can, eat foods with a lot of Vitamin C as well.
- Be beyond any doubt to get lots of rest, and beverage a lot of liquids. Keep your resting region clean and sterile. If symptoms hold on for more than a 7 days, see your doctor.
- Remember to utilize daily behavior, for example, covering your mouth when you hack and sniffle.
- Breathe out of your mouth, it will wind up clearing your nasal sections. Likewise, keep long sleeve clothes on.
Treating Symptoms to Get Rid of a Cold Without Using Medicine
- Eat hot sustenance – it causes the arrival of an endogenous opioid, which will diminish your distress.
- Use a vaporizer or humidifier to get rid of a cold without medications.
- Use a microwaved rice sock on your head, neck, ears or wherever you have muscle aches and distresses.
- Put your head over the steam to get rid of a cold without medications. It will clear your nasal section.
Warnings / Precautions:
- Don’t clean out your nose excessively it winds up swelling your nasal pits much more and aggravating a runny nose.
- Utilization alert when utilizing vaporizers and bubbling water around youngsters since steam from vaporizers can get extremely hot, while a youngster can pull a container down from the stove.
- Continuously address your doctor if the condition gets to be worse.
- In the event that your fever is 104 degrees or higher, you ought to see your doctor.
- In the event that you are susceptible to any thing above, you ought not attempt these methods.