In this article, we will discuss how to cure a yeast infection. A yeast infection is also known as Candida. It is mainly caused by microscopic fungi or yeast known as Candida albicans. This infection generally affects the vaginal part, but it can also develop around the lower abdomen, under the breasts, dentures, beneath skin folds, and nail beds. There are many causes responsible for this condition. One of the major factors is menopause. During menopause, there is a significant decline in the levels of estrogen, which result in thinning of the vaginal walls. Most of the men and women suffer from a yeast infection at least once in their life.
Causes of Yeast Infection:
Factors that can increase the chances of suffering a yeast infection are:
- Use of oral contraceptive.
- Due to chronic health conditions.
- Steroids and antibiotics
Symptoms of Yeast Infection:
- Burning sensation
- Pain and discomfort during sex.
- Burning feeling when urinating.
- Odorless vaginal discharge.
Apart from medical treatments, there are many simple home remedies which can help cure a yeast infection in a relatively short time. Below we have suggested such remedies to treat this condition easily and effectively.
Home Remedies to Cure Yeas Infection Naturally and Fast:
- Home Remedies to Cure Yeas Infection Naturally and Fast:
- 1.) Garlic to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 2.) Yogurt to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 3.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Yeast Infection
- 4.) Cranberries to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 6.) Oregano Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 7.) Boric Acid for Candida Treatment at Home
- 8.) Calendula to Get Rid of Yeast Infection at Home
- 9.) Olive Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
- 10.) Coconut Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
1.) Garlic to Cure a Yeast Infection
Garlic is an excellent herb which can be used to cure many body ailments. Garlic has antibacterial, antifungal and natural antibiotic components. These components can be highly effective in treating any sort of yeast infections.
- Take a few garlic cloves and crush them to make a paste of it.
- Apply the paste directly onto the affected area.
- If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can dilute garlic oil in Vitamin E oil and a few drops of coconut oil. Apply the mixture on the affected skin.
- You can also eat a few fresh garlic cloves or can take several garlic tablets daily.
- Consuming fresh cloves can result in bad breath, but it is very effective in getting rid of yeast infection.
2.) Yogurt to Cure a Yeast Infection
There is a friendly strain of bacteria present in yogurt, which is called Lactobacillus acidophilus. This friend can help control the growth of infection in the body naturally. For a yeast infection treatment, only use plain, unsweetened yogurt.
- Simply apply plain yogurt on the affected skin area(externally).
- Allow it to sit for at least 20-30 minutes.
- You can leave it overnight as well.
- This will help reduce the itching sensation in the applied area.
- If you have a vaginal yeast infection, just dip a tampon in yogurt.
- Then insert it in the vagina for about 2 hours.
- Do this 2 times daily to prevent yeast infection.
- You can also include yogurt in your diet plan.
3.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Yeast Infection
Tea tree oil is well-known for its potent and effective natural antifungal properties. It can help with treatment of yeast infection at home. Pregnant women should avoid this remedy as some of the properties of tea tree oil can be harmful to the baby.
- Simply dilute organic tea tree oil in water or 1 tsp of sweet almond oil or olive oil.
- Rub the diluted oil on the affected area several times a day.
- In case of a vaginal yeast infection, pour a few drops of tea tree oil on a tampon and insert it into the vagina.
- Leave it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Repeat the process 2 times daily.
4.) Cranberries to Cure a Yeast Infection
Cranberries has both antifungal and antibacterial qualities. It can be used effectively to combat the fungi responsible for yeast infections. It can also be useful in treating urinary tract or any other type of bladder infections.
- Just drink cranberry juice a few times a day. Makes sure it is unsweetened.
- This will help boost the healing process. This will give effective results within a short period of time.
- If unsweetened juice is not available, you can have cranberry tablets 2 or 3 times a day.
- Cranberry tablets are easily available at a local health store.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure a Yeast Infection
Both white vinegar and apple cider vinegar (ACV) has some unique components which can help control a yeast infection and get rid of the fungi responsible for causing it.
- Take 2 tbsp of organic ACV and mix it with 1 cup of warm water.
- Drink it 2 times daily for several days.
- Alternatively, simply dilute apple cider vinegar or white vinegar with plain water.
- Apply the mixture externally on the affected area.
- Let it sit for half an hour before rinsing it off with water.
6.) Oregano Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
Oregano oil is known to have the goodness of excellent antifungal components. It is also very good for enhancing your immune system.
- Apply the oil topically to the affected skin part.
- As oregano oil can be irritating to the skin, you can dilute it with olive oil before its application.
- Optionally, you can take 1 or 2 capsules of oregano oil 2 times a day.
7.) Boric Acid for Candida Treatment at Home
This chemical substance is known for having mild antifungal and antiseptic properties. It is one of the best home remedies for yeast infection treatment. Remember boric acid is not advised for pregnant women.
- Just dilute some boric acid in water.
- Apply the solution on the affected skin part.
- Leave it on for several minutes.
- Then Wash the area completely with water.
- Do this every day for 2 weeks.
8.) Calendula to Get Rid of Yeast Infection at Home
Calendula is a type of herb which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. It can help treat yeast infections naturally and effectively. Here is the method to do it.
- Simply crush 2 to 3 calendula leaves.
- Apply the crushed leaves over the infected skin area.
- Repeat this 2 or 3 times daily.
- If fresh Calendula leaves are not available, you can use Calendula ointment or lotion.
9.) Olive Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
Olive leaf extract is quite effective in yeast infection treatment. This is because olive oil is known for its antioxidant, antifungal, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory qualities. It can also help in restoring the good bacteria in your body.
- Chop some fresh olive leaves finely and put them in a glass jar with a lid.
- Pour some vodka over the leaves until they are completely covered in it.
- Close the lid.
- Keep the jar in a dark place for about 4 weeks.
- After 4 weeks, strain the liquid into a glass jar.
- Apply this solution to the affected skin part.
- Repeat this 3 times daily to achieve best results.
10.) Coconut Oil to Cure a Yeast Infection
Coconut oil contains effective antifungal components which can help in killing the fungi responsible for causing yeast infections. Coconut oil is among the best home remedies for yeast infection.
- Apply some coconut oil topically to the affected areas 3 times a day.
- You can also make a mixture of coconut oil and cinnamon oil. Mix them in equal quantity.
- Apply it on the affected skin part to prevent the growth of the infection.