In this article, we are discussing how to lose 20 pounds in 4 weeks. Having a goal to lose weight, getting healthy and improving your overall well-being in a month is a great choice. This will not only make you feel better but also look better. It will help your mind to know that you are taking essential steps to enhance your overall quality of life. But losing 20 pounds in 4 weeks means you are losing about four pounds a week.
It is not recommended for those who are extremely overweight. The weight-loss is not about going on fashion diets or taking pills to limit appetites. It’s going on a complete program that includes strength training, cardiovascular work, dietary and lifestyle changes. But before you start, it’s important that you consult a doctor about your diet and exercise plan. Not everyone should or can lose weight that much in a month, and if you are not careful, rapid weight loss can be very harmful to you.
Best Ways to Lose 20 Pounds in 4 Weeks:
Step 1: Changing What You Eat to Lose 20 Pounds in 4 Weeks
- Drinking water is essential in order to lose weight fast. One should switch to drinking water only. Water helps flush out all the toxins from your system that makes it easier to lose weight faster. Moreover, water is free of any calories, this is one of the best choices for sugary drinks.
- To lose 20 pounds in 4 weeks one must cut down all the junk and processed foods away. Cut it out totally. Those who are following a standard diet can generally cut down junk food easily without suffering major consequences.
- It is also important to cut out all the white carbs. From pasta to cookies, all is full of simple carbohydrates that are actually sugars in disguise. To lose weight, cut out the processed carbs – that includes white rice, potatoes, and bread. Moreover, cookies, donuts, cakes, chips, ice cream, and pretzels.
- Munch on “negative calorie” foods. Some foods take too much energy to digest the food. Actually eating them actually you to burn more calories than the food contains. These foods include vegetables, eat more asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, beetroot, cauliflower, cucumber, celery cranberries, honeydew, grapefruit, lemons, oranges, limes, and watermelon.
- Choose vegetables and leaner proteins. Instead of pork and beef, opt for leaner meats like fish or chicken. Consuming fish is particularly helpful because it is a high source of fatty acids that provides beneficial oil needed for the body.
Step 2: Change How You Eat to Lose 20 Pounds in 4 Weeks
- Make sure you eat all your meals and do not skip any meal time. While you may try to skip breakfast or spend a day fasting, you should stop doing that strictly. Fasting for long can lead to muscle loss and other health problems, it can also make it harder for your body to lose weight.
- It is essential to know that keeping a specific time to stop eating can actually help you lose weight automatically. Many people find a time plan successful. It is very simple, you just need to decide that you won’t eat after a certain time, generally somewhere around 7 to 8 pm. Eating at night is bad for your body, as we tend to eat more while watching tv. Moreover, it makes it difficult for your digestive system to process that food. This can be emotionally difficult, but it is very helpful.
- Master portion control. It is also important to know what you eat and how much you eat. Even the healthy food also should be eaten carefully and moderately to lose 20 pounds in 4 weeks. Start eating small meals using small plates and smaller eating utensils. It makes you eat less as well as this will help you observe hunger and eating limit.
- Yes, this is one of the beneficial step to lose 20 pounds in 4 weeks. Eat frequently. Make sure to read that second word – eat frequently and not eat more. Eat food frequently means eat less in amount, but eat after every 2 hours or in between so that your stomach won’t feel urge to eat more. Start feeding it slowly and at a regular intervals during your work time. It will keep your stomach from thinking that it’s hungry.
Step 3: Change Your Lifestyle to Lose 20 Pounds in 4 Weeks
- Start cooking. Yes, start cooking your won food. This is the only way you can truly control every calorie and nutrient that you will consume regularly. So it’s good to learn cooking while keeping an eye on your health. When you make food on your own, this will help you decide good and bad for your health and this is how you will manage quantity also.
- Keep a track of your exercising and eating. If this change is for good, it’s better to adopt this lifestyle permanently. Sometimes, keeping a track might be demotivating. But it actually helps you see all the progress you have made so far– which is an overwhelming feeling. It’s proof of a good job done.
- Make a commitment. Yes, without commitment, sometimes we tend to take this decision carelessly. Making a commitment sounds obvious. This will guarantee you a fast weight loss success by committing to your goal. This is especially important for a short-term diet like this. Get several hours of moderate to vigorous exercise each day.
- While you eat healthy and keep a check, likewise exercising is also an important factor to lose 40 pounds in 4 weeks. This is the best way to burn calories through exercise. If your body is already good with moderate physical activity, it might not be difficult for you to move to a vigorous activity throughout the day. Vigorous activity helps burn between 400 and 700 calories per hour. If you are doing it for the first time, start with cardio exercises. Vigorous exercises include running, swimming, bicycling, aerobics, heavy weightlifting and basketball.
- Get a full night’s sleep. Sleeping is also a great factor to lose 20 pounds in 4 weeks. The human body cannot work properly without sleep. Sleep helps our body a chance to rest, restoring all the imbalances of the body and making it easier for your body to burn calories and lose weight faster. In order to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time, make sure you get all the benefits in between seven and eight hours of sleep each night.