Obesity of excess of weight is a major disease on this planet, affecting over one billion people worldwide. It does not affect the body directly, but helps to make our body abrading ground for many deadly diseases like hypertension, diabetic, arthritis, etc. Unfortunately, there is no magic pill, which can be popped to solve the problem. The only way to do this is to eat a healthy diet and lead a disciplined life. The main reason behind the problem of obesity is life style related problems, which includes eating a lot of junk food and failing to exercise regularly. Smoking and consumption of alcohol, is also another reason behind obesity.
Home Remedies for Weight Loss:
- Home Remedies for Weight Loss:
- 1.) Lemon, Ginger and Honey Mixture for Weight Loss
- 2.) Cinnamon and Honey for Weight Loss
- 3.) Ginger and Honey for Weight Loss
- 4.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
- 5.) Cabbage for Weight Loss
- 6.) Green Tea for Weight Loss
- 7.) Cranberries for Weight Loss
- 8.) Indian Plum Leaves for Weight Loss
- 9.) Cucumber for Weight Loss
- 10.) Fennel Seeds for Weight Loss
- 11.) Cayenne Pepper for Weight Loss
- 12.) Lifestyle Related Tips to Loss Weight
There are many simple home remedies for weight loss which can be adopted to tackle the problem of obesity. Their effect is however slow and requires patience. Unlike most ailments, obesity requires time and patience to be cured.
1.) Lemon, Ginger and Honey Mixture for Weight Loss
This mixture will help to uplift your spirits, loosen up the fat cells and provide a boost to your metabolism, which will help the body to lose weight significantly.
- Take a glass of water and microwave it for one minute, making it tepid.
- Add one teaspoon of organic honey to it.
- Add two teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice and a pinch of pepper to the water.
- Stir well and mix the ingredients.
- Drink the water every day, on an empty stomach.
2.) Cinnamon and Honey for Weight Loss
- Cinnamon is a great blood sugar leveler, while honey helps the liver to produce, fat burning hormones.
- Take a glass of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add one teaspoon of crushed cinnamon in the water and allow it to boil.
- Allow it to seep for five minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of honey to the water
- Once the solution has cooled down, drink it.
3.) Ginger and Honey for Weight Loss
- Take a piece of ginger root and crush it in a blender.
- Extract the juice, with the help of a cheese cloth.
- Combine one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of ginger juice.
- Drink the solution.
- The changes in your body will be visible within a month.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar is known to boost the metabolic rate of the body and help it to make it work properly. A good metabolic rate, will help the body to get rid of the excessive fat. The lemon juice is added to make the taste of ACV bearable.
- Measure one liter water in a bottle.
- Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in it.
- Add one teaspoon of lemon juice in it.
- Mix well and drink this solution everyday and you will very soon lose a lot of weight.
5.) Cabbage for Weight Loss
Cabbage is a good source of Vitamin A and C, which helps to reduce the obesity problem. The tartaric acid present in cabbage, prevents the sugar in our system, from being converted into fat. Besides, cabbage is lightweight. It can make a person feel full, in spite of eating a lot of this vegetable.
Use cabbage in your salads, make juice or put them in your soups, they will surely help you to lose a lot of weight.
6.) Green Tea for Weight Loss
Green is a great health booster. It helps to break down the fat cells, which causes obesity. Since it is very high in antioxidants, it also helps to keep the body fit and healthy.
- Boil one cup of water.
- Turn off the heat and place a green tea bag or a spoonful of green tea in it.
- Cover the pot and allow it to seep for five minutes.
- Strain the tea and drink it without any sweetener.
7.) Cranberries for Weight Loss
Cranberries, like cabbage is a powerful source of anti-oxidants. It prevents the formation of free radicals, which is very harmful for the body.
- You can eat cranberries as a fruit or make juice out of it.
- Take a handful of cranberries. Blend it in a blender.
- Strain the pulp to obtain the juice.
- Regular consumption, will give you very good results.
8.) Indian Plum Leaves for Weight Loss
- Indian plum leaves are very widely used to tackle the problem of obesity.
- Take a handful of Indian plum leaves.
- Soak them in water for 12 hours.
- Eat the leaves in the morning.
- Repeat this process regularly, for an hour, to notice a marked difference in your body structure, as well as in your metabolism.
9.) Cucumber for Weight Loss
Cucumber has been used since, time immemorial, for controlling weigh related problems.
This fruit is 90% water, which makes the person eating it, fill full. It also helps to break down the fat cells, thereby, reducing the chances of fat accumulation. Eat cucumber, as part of your regular meals, or make cucumber juice. Besides helping you to lose weight it will provide a soothing and effect to your entire body.
10.) Fennel Seeds for Weight Loss
Obesity often attacks us, due to unregulated eating disorders. Often, we eat more than the required amount and end up in accumulating fat. In case you are worried about over eating, just drink a cup of fennel seed tea.
- Take a tablespoon of fennel seeds.
- Add them to a glass of water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and allow the seeds to sleep.
- Once the solution is sufficiently cold, strain the solution and drink it.
11.) Cayenne Pepper for Weight Loss
- Cayenne pepper contains an active element known as capsaicin. It helps the body to fight obesity. It also helps to peek up the energy level of the body .
- Take a pinch of cayenne pepper and add it to a glass of water. Add one teaspoon of maple syrup and one teaspoon of lemon juice to the glass, to make the taste bearable.
- Consume this drink regularly to lose weight.
- Add cayenne pepper to your meals on a daily basis. Begin with a small amount initially and increase the quantity, as you get used to the taste.
12.) Lifestyle Related Tips to Loss Weight
- Drink Water: Water is the e lifeline of our body, through which, everything flows. Drink enough water before the meal, as it will prompt you to eat less. Drinking water during a meal, will help your body to digest the food well. Water helps to flush out the toxins from the system, which is essential for weight loss.
- Reduce the Intake of Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates, are bad for the body. It aids in blood sugar and increases the formation of HDL or the bad cholesterol.
- Increase Protein Intake: Try to increase the amount of protein you consume on a daily basis. Proteins help to keep your body fir and convert the loose fat into muscles. Proteins keep cholesterol in check and aids in weight reduction.
- Eat Foods High in Fiber Intake: Fibrous foods have many benefits. They keep the stomach full for a longer period of time. Since they are not absorbed by the body, they slow down the process of digestion and keeps blood sugar level in control. They also help to flush out the toxins from our body and keep the colon clean, which is important for weight reduction.
- Avoid Junk Food: Junk foods, pizza, and burgers are good to taste, but have no nutritive value, they only add calories to your diet, and makes you feel bulky. Even processed foods like instant noodles and chocolates are not good for health, consuming them on a daily basis, will only make you bulky.
- Avoid Carbonated Beverages and Alcohol: Carbonated beverages are high on sugar. They disturb the balance of the body and adds a lot of unwanted glucose to the system. This sugar, gets accumulated in the form of fat. Alcohol , is very high in fat content and also tends to make you lethargic and overweight.
- Constipation: Constipation is also a major reason behind weight related problems. Accumulation of toxins, can also lead to various other problems, other than weight gain. Eat foods rich in fiber and drink a lot of water to get rid of this problem.
- Eat Fruits: Fruits are highly recommended, if you are looking to lose some pounds. Fruits are rich in many minerals and antioxidants, which helps the body to work properly. At the same time, fruits are also filled with natural sugars, which don’t get accumulated as fats in our body. Mostly they are high in water content, which helps to make a person, feel full for a long period of time.
- Avoid Food Cravings: Limit your food intake to just three meals a day. In case you seem to have a food craving avoid it by brushing your teeth, or drinking a cup of tea or coffee. Never skip your meals. It will only increase the chances of your food craving. Have your meals on time, so that your body gets used to the pattern
- Exercise: There is no short cut method to lose weight. Exercise for at least 1 hour 5 days a week. Mix cardio exercises, with strength training for best results. Don’t postpone, your exercise routine, build up your will power and do it regularly, till you achieve your goal.