After writing how to give a hickey?, how long do hickeys last?, and how to get rid of bruises?, we are now writing the best ways to get rid of hickeys fast. You might call it a hickey or hickies or kiss mark or an affection bite. These marks are the signs that you got too passionate in your most intense moments! In case, you are going to attend a party, meet or any small family get together, these hickeys turn into an embarrassment. Your hickeys cure itself in about 5 to 12 days and at the most 2 weeks maximum. Just like other bruises, hickeys themselves are a kind of bruise.
What Is a Hickey?
- Ways to Get Rid of Hickeys Fast – Get Rid of Hickeys
- 1.) Apply The Ice Cubes
- 2.) Use The Chilled Spoon
- 3.) Massage The Area Gently
- 4.) Use The Peppermint Oil
- 5.) Arnica Salve Will Help
- 6.) Take Help From Warm Compress
- 7.) Use Coco Butter For Hickeys
- 8.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
- 9.) Use Witch Hazel On Hickeys
- 10.) Apply Apple Cider Vinegar For Hickeys
- 11.) Use The Pineapple
- 12.) Apply The Rubbing Alcohol
- 13.) Apply The Banana Peel
- 14.) Take Help From Parsley
- 15.) Foods And Natural Supplements
A hickey is also known as love bite or kiss mark, which is a kind of bruise. A hickey is caused by aggressive kissing, biting or sucking another person’s soft skin, usually the skin on the arm or around the neck. Initially, hickey is red in color due to broken blood vessels under the skin. Later on, it will turn dark brown or purple when it start healing. Hickeys are not dangerous or painful and there are many ways to get rid of hickeys, such as some home remedies and natural methods.
How Do You Get a Hickey?
A hickey can be passionate and fun and giving hickey to your partner means that you are telling your loved ones about your love. You get hickeys when the blood vessels underneath your skin get ruptured or damaged. This harm to the blood vessels is due to biting or sucking hard on the soft skin (like the skin of your neck or arms). Blood overflows out of the broken blood vessels and clot underneath the skin. Your skin, there first gets to be red and afterwards turns dull purple and tan as the blood dries out under the skin.
The faster you take action after you get a hickey, the chances are more to get rid of hickeys faster and make it disappear within a day or two. In this article, we have jotted some easy and best remedies to get rid of a hickey faster. To give a hickey, you need to put your mouth against the neck in a kissing shape. Keep your mouth slightly open like you are saying the letter ‘O’. Now start sucking in and suck the soft skin into your mouth that causes the blood vessels to break. The circular area turns bright red.
How Long Do Hickey Last?
A hickey is a temporary mark not a permanent mark. A hickey last for about 5 to 12 days, and sometimes maximum 2 weeks but it will heal with time. When it gets healed, there will be no scar or mark.
Ways to Get Rid of Hickeys Fast – Get Rid of Hickeys
1.) Apply The Ice Cubes
Just like you would do with another bruise, do it with hickeys too. Apply ice to your hickeys, whenever you first notice them. Applying ice on the hickeys would heal them faster and reduce the swelling, if any. Ice would make the blood vessels constrict and thus it restricts initial blood flow to the harmed area permitting the re-circulation of blood in that area. You need to prevent clotting of blood, to prevent hickeys from leaving darker marks on your skin.
On the other hand, never utilize ice directly on your skin, it may provide for you an ice blaze. Here is the way to utilize ice on your hickeys. Wrap the ice in a clean towel. Use this ice compress to place in on your hickeys and then hold it there for a few minutes. Do this for 15-20 minutes. Repeat this process consistently after you notice the hickeys on the first day.
2.) Use The Chilled Spoon
In case that you can’t able to find the ice or you don’t want to utilize ice on your hickeys, just chill a steel spoon by keeping it in the refrigerator for a few minutes and hold it against your hickey. It will function in the similar ways as an ice compress would. Just make sure that your spoon must be made of metal, which can get to be truly frosty. It works like ice by constricting blood vessels and preventing blood clotting. Here’s the way you can cool down the spoon and use it on your hickeys.
- Place the steel spoon in refrigerator or ice water for 15-20 minutes. Take out the chilled spoon and place it against your hickey. Hold it there in a manner that you feel the coldness with weight on your hickey.
- At the point when the spoon gets warmer, which it will, within a couple of minutes as your body is warm, keep it into the chilled water filled bowl for a few seconds again.
- Then place the spoon again on your hickey and hold it tight. Repeat this process for at least 15 minutes consistently.
3.) Massage The Area Gently
You need to prevent blood from clotting under your skin so you don’t get those dull areas. For this, you need to permit blood to circulate away from the harmed vessels. You can do this by massaging the area having hickey. It will help de-coagulate the blood clots so they could be re-ingested into the bloodstream. The blood will get scattered as you stimulate the area through rubbing and this will lighten the skin there.
- Place two of your fingers onto the area where you have got hickeys. Don’t exert too much of pressure though. Gently rub the area with these two fingers in round motions.
- Do this for a minute. Then start rubbing in one direction instead of round motions. Do this again for a minute. Keep on doing this by altering the course of rubbing consistently.
- This helps to scatter blood towards wherever it could be. You can do this for 5-6 minutes. Repeat the process several times a day.
4.) Use The Peppermint Oil
Use peppermint oil to get rid of hickeys, if you have it available at home. Peppermint oil stimulates blood circulation, which prevents clotting and thus spare you from having dull colored marks on your skin due to bruises like hickeys. Take a couple of drops of peppermint oil and apply this to your hickey harmed area 4-5 times a day. On the other hand, in the event that it is due to biting and there is a broken skin any place around your hickeys, don’t apply peppermint oil. When you apply peppermint oil, you are most likely to feel a tingling effect which goes away in almost no time. Then again, in the event that you don’t prefer this sensation, dilute your oil and apply as given underneath.
- You can take 3 drops of peppermint oil and lavender and 6 drops of almond oil or olive oil. Mix all the oils and apply on your hickeys with the help of cotton ball
- Wrap it up with gauze or swathe. Don’t make it too tight though. Repeat this 4-5 times a day.
- Peppermint oil not just helps circulate blood to prevent clotting and shading of the skin, but likewise reduce swelling while lavender oil mitigates torment.
5.) Arnica Salve Will Help
Arnica salve has been traditionally used to get rid of sore muscles, bruises, sprains, strains, etc. What’s more you may utilize it well for hickeys too! While Arnica herb is famously used to make a homeopathic cream and gel, which is generally utilized for topical agony easing, it can actually get rid of hickeys due to its blood circulation stimulating properties. This herb is said to expand circulation by stimulating the activity of white blood cells. Thus, this diminishes the amount of time needed to heal a damage alongside curing inflammation. You can mix the dried arnica with coconut oil and apply directly to the hickey to get rid of a hickey faster. Else, but any natural arnica cream from market and apply it.
6.) Take Help From Warm Compress
One of the best remedy to get rid of a hickey fast, when utilized after 48 hours from getting a hickey. If your hickey doesn’t go away after 48 hours, you may then try warm compresses on it. Keep in mind, never utilize warm compress initially on hickeys, use the cold compress for first 2-3 days. It must be utilized later on, at least after 2 days from when you get a hickey on the grounds that blood keeps on turning out till numerous hours after your skin is harmed.
When the blood stops spreading around your hickey, applying heat may offer assistance. Heat will then dilate blood vessels and speed up the process of scattering blood away from the bruised area. Soak the wash cloth into warm water. Take the wet hot cloth and wring out the extra water. Place this warm cloth on the harmed skin area and hold it against your skin there for about 3-5 minutes. Repeat thrice a day.
7.) Use Coco Butter For Hickeys
Cocoa butter, is a vegetable fat, which is extracted from the cocoa bean. It is an exceptional natural moisturizer, which is viewed as perfect for skin due to its benefits that originate from its cocoa mass polyphenol. Oleic, stearic, and palmitic acids and additionally vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C, and E present in coco butter makes it not just a perfect moisturizer but likewise a great healing agent for the skin including bruised skin. It is effective to the point that it is utilized effectively for the treatment of skin conditions like skin inflammation and dermatitis too.
- After you apply a warm compress to the hickeys, take a little cocoa butter and apply this butter to your harmed skin area.
- Massage the area gently for 3-5 minutes helping the blood clots break. This will likewise stimulate blood circulation. Repeat 4-5 times a day.
8.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe-vera gel has long been utilized to soothe skin and to heal bruises, minor cuts and smolders including sunburns. You can even utilize aloe vera gel to get rid of hickeys as well, even those, which have broken upper skin resulting from affection bites. The healing properties of aloe vera gel aren’t just repairing the broken blood vessels underneath your skin, but likewise protect your skin by creating a moist hindrance on your injured outer skin. It gives just the right conditions to your hickey bruise to repair itself rapidly.
- You may either get the aloe vera gel from a medical store or get it form the fresh aloe leaf. In case, if you are utilizing store-bought aloe vera gel, use it directly on your hickeys 3-4 times or significantly additionally times the day.
- If you are utilizing an aloe leaf, cut a slice of it. Utilizing a knife, cut open the sides of the leaf slice. Then extract natural aloe gel would be there under the leaf’s skin. Take out this gel using your finger or a spoon.
- Apply it directly on your hickeys. Store the rest in a little container and place it in the refrigerator to utilize later on. On the other hand, complete it within a day or two. Don’t utilize it after that. Apply aloe gel several times a day to assist faster healing to get rid of a hickey.
9.) Use Witch Hazel On Hickeys
Witch hazel has numerous properties that go to make it a good remedy to get rid of a hickey too. The tannins present in the witch hazel help tighten skin proteins. This makes a protecting concealing, which speeds healing furthermore stops dying. In this way, that you have got an adoration bite alongside outer sore, witch hazel is the remedy for you. Its anti-inflammatory properties will likewise guarantee that your hickeys get reduce faster.
- Soak a cloth in witch hazel tea. Use it to place it on your hickeys several times a day. You may likewise blend witch hazel with your arnica salve and apply this to your hickeys.
- In the event that you have wounds too on your kiss marks, add some rubbing alcohol to witch hazel and apply this to your hickeys.
- Alternatively, you may do nothing and just apply plain witch hazel to your hickeys to get all the feeding healing properties of it undiluted.
10.) Apply Apple Cider Vinegar For Hickeys
Apple cider vinegar may end up being the best remedy to get rid of a hickey. It is an excellent natural agent that may help expand your blood stream towards the surface of your skin. This may make your body fit for reabsorbing a portion of the blood that has got pooled underneath your skin with hickeys. As you need to mix some apple cider vinegar with warm water, don’t utilize this remedy before at least 24-36 hours of getting hickeys.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to the 1 mug of warm water. Soak the washcloth or gauze into this. Squeeze out the extra water from cloth to the bowl.
- Place this cloth onto your hickey and let it be there for a minute. Presently gently rub your hickey with this cloth for a minute. Again, put the cloth in the vinegar solution and repeat the process. Do this for 10-15 minutes and repeat 2-3 times a day.
11.) Use The Pineapple
This is a rather sweet remedy to get rid of hickeys. The scrumptious pineapple fruit contains a chemical known as bromelain, which can assist break up blood clots with blurring bruises. Indeed, doctors use bromelain to treat bruises and other wounds to the skin. At the point when bromelain is connected topically, it helps reduce inflammation and agony. It additionally breaks down the blood proteins coagulate or clot to structure the bruise, for your situation, hickey. In this way, to speed up the process of blurring away your hickeys, you can even consider having pineapple or pineapple juice. Here are some more ways you can utilize it to get rid of a hickey.
- Rub pineapple pieces gently on your hickeys.
- Soak a cotton ball in pineapple juice and apply this to hickeys several times a day.
- Take bromelain health supplement under the direction of your doctor.
12.) Apply The Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol is one of the best effective remedy to get rid of a hickey. It is the best ingredient for your hickey. Rubbing alcohol helps to get rid of a hickey fast due to its cooling, disinfectant and soothing properties. Take some rubbing alcohol and apply it to the affected skin area with the help of a cotton ball. Rub the affected area for several minutes. It will help to reduce any discomfort. Rubbing alcohol may dry your skin, so apply some moisturizing cream on the skin. Do this remedy many times a day for 1 or 2 days to remove a hickey.
13.) Apply The Banana Peel
Banana peels help to minimize your hickey fast as it contains cooling properties as well as soothing properties. Take a ripe banana and cut the peel of it to the size of your bruise. Place the inside part of the peel on the bruise for half an hour. Do this 2 or 3 times a day to reduce the mark of the bruise.
14.) Take Help From Parsley
Parsley is one herb which is stacked with vitamins and other nutrients that can work marvels to heal your obscured beat up skin. It has such volatile oils as eugenol, mystusticin, limonene and alpha-thujene. Parsley likewise contains flavonoids like alpine, apigenin, crisoeriol, and luteolin. These components not just cure swelling, but additionally prevent further harm to your blood vessels. Vitamin C likewise goes to help reduce blood clotting. Take some parsley and squash it to get a paste like consistency. Apply this to your hickeys. You may utilize a cement wrap to hold it in place. Replace the paste after an hour or thereabouts. Keep doing this till you get rid of the beat up skin.
15.) Foods And Natural Supplements
Nourishment is the ultimate guardian angel from anything, including hickeys. There are a few foods rich in vitamin K and vitamin C that they may help you in different ways to heal hickeys. Then there are chemicals like papain and bromelain that to have healing effects on your hickeys. Here are a few foods that you may use to speed up the healing of your hickeys.
- Foods Rich in Vitamin K– These foods make blood thicker and thus less inclined to heal from blood vessels. Vitamin K is present in, spinach,cabbage and kale.
- Foods Rich in Vitamin C– Vitamin C helps repair skin as it is essential to synthesize collagen. Eat oranges and other foods which contain citrus, papaya, guava, all rich in Vitamin C.
- Foods Rich in Papain– papain is a chemical present in papaya. It helps split the dead materials that cause bruises including hickeys.
- Pycnogenol– Pycnogenol is produced using the bark of pine trees and is viewed as an antioxidant. It is made out of proanthocyanidins and red pigments that help strengthen vessels, arteries and veins and thus prevent wounding. Consult your doctor about taking this supplement.
- Bilberry Extract– This extract contains anthocyanosides, which is another antioxidant that helps reduce and eventually eliminate wounding, even due to hickeys. It stabilizes collagen, which builds vitamin C levels in body cells and thus strengthens your vessels. Consult your doctor or a restorative herbalist about taking bilberry extract for hickeys.
These were some of the top remedies to get rid of hickeys fast. Some of them might be helpful for you and others might not. Discover the particular case that works best for your skin and get rid of hickies fast.