After writing, how to get rid of acne scars?, how to remove pimple marks?, and how to get rid of cellulite?, we are now writing the best ways to get rid of stretch marks fast and naturally. Commonly every men and woman in their lifetime will be faced with stretch marks. They are natural but they look ugly to the human eye and no woman is happy, when stretch mark appears. What to do and how to get rid of stretch marks easily and fast? Every woman try some remedies to get rid of stretch marks, and there are so many surgical ways also available. In this article, we will give you the best ways to get rid of stretch marks fast and naturally. By using the remedies in this article, you can bale to remove the stretch marks easily and in no time. Before, we start let us the tell you that, what are stretch marks? and what are the cause of stretch marks?
What Are Stretch Marks?
- Best Ways to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast (Stretch Mark Removal):
- 1.) Make Your Own Sugar Scrub
- 2.) Use The Potato Juice
- 3.) Keep Yourself Hydrated
- 4.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
- 5.) Use The Olive Oil
- 6.) Apply The Lemon Juice
- 7.) Castor Oil Will Help
- 8.) Use Cocoa Butter Effectively
- 9.) Use The Alfalfa Leaves
- 10.) Apply The Egg Whites
- 11.) Make The Apricot Mask
- 12.) Lavender Oil, Almond Oil, And Chamomile Oil
- 13.) Use The Tea Tree Oil
- 14.) Use The Herbal Solution
- 15.) Glycerine and Lemon
- 16.) Take Help From Vitamin K
- 17.) Utilize a Moisturizer
- 18.) Use Retin-A Product
- 19.) Use The Lextrin
- 20.) Use The Glycolic Acid
- 21.) Combine Glycolic Acid and Retin-A Together
- 22.) Try The Vitamin E Oil
- 23.) Apply The Egg Oil
- 24.) Take Help From Essential Oils
- 25.) Vitamin C Will Help
- 26.) Vascular Laser Treatment
- 27.) Fractional Laser Treatment
- 28.) Tummy Tuck
- Physical Exercise to Get Rid of Stretch Marks:
- How to Get Rid of Old Stretch Marks?
- How to Prevent Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are the off-colored stripes or streaks formed on the skin as a result of weight changes, hormonal changes related to pregnancy, puberty, hormone replacement therapy, pregnancy, obesity etc. In dermatology and commonly, they are termed as stretch marks. Stretch marks can be commonly seen around stomach, waist, thighs, lower backs, hips, breasts, arms, and buttocks area.
How Do You Get Stretch Marks?
Human body skin consists of three main layers, The outer layer (Epidermis), The middle layer (Dermis), and The deepest and third layer (Hypodermic). As the connective tissue is stretched, when skin is expanding and contracting, the stretch marks start developing on the middle layer or the dermis. With the stretch in skin, the collagen gets weak, and the elastic fibers start to tear. Due to this, regeneration cycle gets interrupted. This results in the formation of scars under on the top layer of the skin or the epidermis. The color of this scar is red or pink, but gradually, they turned into thin silvery line.
What Are The Causes of Stretch Marks?
- Rapid Weight Gain or Weight Loss: When you gain weight rapidly, over a short period of time, your body does not get enough time to adapt, which results in ugly stretch marks. Even losing weight rapidly can be another reason behind stretch marks in the abdomen, thighs, shoulder and buttocks. It is necessary to loose or gain weight steadily over a period of time to avoid ugly stretch marks.
- Genetics and Puberty: Stretch are common among individuals, who tend to have a history of these marks among close family relatives. It also occurs in teenagers when the body rapidly grows, allowing the skin very little time to adapt itself to the changes.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is one of the most common reasons of stretch marks. Generally 95% of women who undergo the pregnancy experience stretch marks, during the last tri-semester of their pregnancy. The marks become more prominent and permanent if the women have multiple pregnancies. The major reason for stretch marks, during pregnancy is due to a hormone, which makes the tissues in the pelvis region softer, to facilitate easy childbirth. The soft tissues, leads to softer skin, which is more prone to stretch marks.
- Medications: Stretch marks can be caused by certain medicines which have a high amount of cortisol, which are used to treat certain skin conditions like eczema.
Best Ways to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast (Stretch Mark Removal):
1.) Make Your Own Sugar Scrub
One of the natural exfoliant for skin is sugar. Sugar is the best home remedy to get rid of stretch marks fast and naturally. To use the sugar to remove stretch marks, you need to mix tablespoon of sugar some drops of almond oil and lemon juice. Stir it well and then apply to the stretch marks. Make sure you rub it for at-least 10 minutes and then clean the area or take a shower. Use this method for 3-4 weeks or until stretch marks fade out. Read article on how to make sugar scrub?
2.) Use The Potato Juice
Potato juice help in natural growth of skin cells and provides minerals and vitamins to skin. To use the potato juice for stretch marks removal, take a fresh potato and cut the potato in to thick slices. Take the potato slice and rub them on stretch marks for some time. Make sure that the potato slices have the juice at-least. After rubbing leave the juice for sometime to dry. When the juice from the potato is dry, clean and dry the affected area.
3.) Keep Yourself Hydrated
Water is also helpful in treating the stretch marks. Water is natural cure and provides oxygen and nutrients for human body. Water can help with many skin related problems not only stretch marks. To get rid of stretch marks, make sure you are always well hydrated and you drink lots of water. This will allow regular detoxification of skin. Make sure you drink 10 glasses of water per day. Not only that you will get rid of stretch marks, but you will make the skin soft and maintain a hydrated body.
4.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
This is the most effective homeopathic remedy for not only curing the stretch marks, but other skin related problems. Aloe vera is known for its healing and regenerating properties. You can apply aloe-vera directly on stretch mark one time a day. You can also mix one-fourth cup of aloe vera gel extract oil from 5 vitamin A capsules and 10 vitamin E capsules and use this mixture on stretch marks. Wait until mixture is fully absorbed. Use it daily or as frequent as you can to get rid of stretch marks.
5.) Use The Olive Oil
Another useful home remedy for stretch marks is olive oil. Olive oil contains antioxidants and nutrients that can help with skin problems. For best results warm the olive oil slightly and apply it on stretch marks. Massage with the olive oil for sometime so that body will absorb the oil. Olive oil will improve blood circulation and reduce stretch marks naturally.
6.) Apply The Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is the easiest treatment to fade stretch marks. The acid in then lemon will help to reduce not only the stretch marks, but also acne, acne scars and other skin injuries. Slice up lemon and rub it over stretch marks in a circular motion for 10 minutes. Then clean it with warm water. You can also create a mixture of lemon juice and cucumber juice and apply this mixture on stretch mark. Let is dry for sometime and then wash it with lukewarm water.
7.) Castor Oil Will Help
One of best healing treatment for skin problems is castor oil. Castor oil also helps with moles, dark spots, wrinkles, pimples, and fine lines. For stretch marks, you apply castor oil directly to stretch marks and rub it for 15 minutes in a circular motion. After clean stretch mark with a cloth and apply heat with a heating pad or other heat source. Use this method daily for one month for to see results.
8.) Use Cocoa Butter Effectively
Cocoa butter is best known for enhancing the blood circulation, anti-aging properties and anti-wrinkling properties. Use it to massage stretch marks for 2-4 minutes every day. You can also use a mixture of a tablespoon of wheat germ oil with half cup cocoa butter and also add one teaspoon of tea kernel oil. Additionally, mix two teaspoons of vitamin E oil and grated beeswax. Heat up this mixture until the beeswax melts and rub this mixture twice a day on stretch mark. Make sure you store this mixture in sealed box in refrigerator.
9.) Use The Alfalfa Leaves
For maintaining proper skin health alfalfa leaves are the best. They consist of amino acids and they are rich in vitamin E, and K and are full of proteins. Alfalfa leaves also acts and anti-fungal agents and detoxifies the skin. Mix alfalfa powder with a few drops of chamomile oil. This will form a paste which you can use to rub stretch marks thrice a day.
10.) Apply The Egg Whites
Egg whites are very beneficial for getting rid of stretch marks. Egg whites are full of proteins and amino acid. Separate the two egg whites and whip them nicely. Clean with fresh water affected stretch marks and apply a layer of whipping egg whites. Let them dry and wash it with cold water. After using egg white, apply the olive oil as moisturizer. Use this method daily for at-least two weeks.
11.) Make The Apricot Mask
Apricots are also good remedies to get rid of stretch marks naturally. You need two apricots, remove the seeds and form a paste from apricots. Use this paste on stretch mark and leave it for 20 minutes. After 20 minute clean stretch mark with warm water. Use this method for one month for best results.
12.) Lavender Oil, Almond Oil, And Chamomile Oil
These three oils are full of vitamins. Make the mixture of these oil and then apply it to stretch marks. For mixture you will need two teaspoons of almond oil, half teaspoon of lavender oil and half teaspoon of chamomile oil.
13.) Use The Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is also full antibiotic, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. It can be used for all kinds of skin problems. You can use tea tree oil and rub it on stretch mark for 8-10 minutes and then wash it of with the lukewarm water.
14.) Use The Herbal Solution
For herbal solution you need to create a mixture of some ingredients. Add one tablespoon of wheat germ oil and one tablespoon of Calendula oil. Apply this herbal solution on hips, breast and abdomen areas to remove stretch marks.
15.) Glycerine and Lemon
Mixing glycerine with lemon help reduce stretch mark. Just drop a few drops of glycerine in lemon and rub the lemon on stretch mark. Use this method twice a day and it will reduce stretch marks and moisturize your skin.
16.) Take Help From Vitamin K
Vitamin K is present in cabbage, spring onion, cucumbers and all green vegetables and it can help in preventing dermis and scars. The best way to use vitamin K to reduce stretch marks is to every day make vegetable salad.
17.) Utilize a Moisturizer
A study found that individuals, who lotion-up every day on stretch marks found the change in skin appearance and versatility. Consider it, if your skin has a stretch marks, it is more easy to remove the stretch marks by hydrating them.
Use your moisturizer lotion on stretch marks or on the area, where you’re expecting getting them later on. In spite of the fact that utilizing lotion on old stretch marks may may also enhance the healing process. It is probably not as effective as utilizing them on new ones but it definitely enhance the healing.
In case you’re stressed over the chemicals in over-the-counter moisturizers, make your own particular location by mixing equivalent amounts of olive oil, aloe vera and wheat germ oil. The same study demonstrated that this mixture made the best DIY moisturizer.
18.) Use Retin-A Product
A study from the University of Michigan recommends that individuals, who use retin-A or a retinoic acid cream on new stretch marks saw tremendous change. Retin-A is thought to help collagen generation, bailing skin stretch out and evade tears. Please make a note that you should not use any products containing retinoic acid in case you are pregnant or nursing. It can conceivably cause birth defects in people.
- Retin-A won’t be as effective on old stretch marks as it is on new stretch marks.
- You’ll probably need a solution to get products, for example, Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, and Differin (which all contain retinoic acid).
19.) Use The Lextrin
Lextrin is an FDA approved stretch mark cream that contains a high power of characteristic essential oils and vitamins. It help to treat and reduce the appearance of stretch marks very faster. Its dynamic parts are Centella asiatica, hyarolunic acid and Thuja occidentalis. All these are helpful to reduce the appearance of stretch marks in as low as 2 weeks. Treatment can take up to 3 months to finish. Note that you ought not utilize any products containing thuja occidentalis in case you are pregnant or nursing. It can possibly cause birth defects in people.
20.) Use The Glycolic Acid
Glycolic acid utilized on stretch marks can expand collagen generation, as making your skin more flexible. As an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), it is in the same group of mixes regularly utilized within concoction skin peels.
- Glycolic acid is sheltered to put on your skin amid pregnancy. Take additional consideration to keep skin that you’re treating with glycolic acid out of the sun.
- Glycolic acid could be purchased in over-the-counter. For a more exceptional treatment, you can get a stronger dose from an authorized dermatologist.
21.) Combine Glycolic Acid and Retin-A Together
When utilized glycolic acid and Retin-A together can drastically enhance the appearance of stretch marks. In the event that you decide to do this, you may need to “prepare” your skin with Retin-A before utilizing a glycolic acid.
- Don’t utilize Retin-A, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It can cause extreme birth defects.
- If you are visiting a specialist for a Retin-A solution, you can ask that how he or she would recommend joining it with glycolic acid.
22.) Try The Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is regularly said to be the inexplicable remedy and help to cure stretch marks. However, one study demonstrates that it is best for women, who have as of now been pregnant in the recent past and has not been effective by and large utilization. Still, it can’t hurt in moderate dosages. Try mixing your Vitamin E oil with a lotion or olive/almond oil, for example, a normal unscented moisturizer, for better scope.
23.) Apply The Egg Oil
Egg Oil if utilized normally from the first trimester, can keep pregnancy related stretch marks from showing up. Tenderly back rub egg oil over the whole belly twice a day beginning from the eighth week of pregnancy until 6 months after the conveyance.
24.) Take Help From Essential Oils
In spite of the fact that there hasn’t yet been a companion investigated study on how essential oils can recuperate stretch marks. Still they are presently utilized as a home cure to get rid of stretch marks. You can apply them directly onto the skin, or utilize a transporter unscented moisturizer or coconut oil to make application less demanding. Here are a few oils usually advertised for stretch marks:
25.) Vitamin C Will Help
Increase your Vitamin C intake to get rid of stretch marks. Most dermatologist recommends that, if you take an oral supplement of Vitamin C (500 mg), it can help to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. For stunningly better comes about, try utilizing a topical glycolic acid alongside Vitamin C.
26.) Vascular Laser Treatment
For new stretch marks, utilize a beat color laser (aka vascular laser). A beat color laser set at 585-nm was demonstrated to reduce stretch marks in baby blues Korean women. This kind of treatment can take down the introductory redness, and is best utilized on right on time marks (that have not yet turned silver).
Be arranged to hand over a piece of cash for vascular laser treatments. Three to six sessions are needed, evaluated around $450 each. Vascular laser treatments won’t be effective for women with darker skin. Much like laser hair evacuation, the procedure works best when there’s an extensive complexity between the focus (for this situation, the red stretch marks) and the color of the skin.
27.) Fractional Laser Treatment
For older stretch marks, try a fractional laser treatment (aka laser revamping). For stretch marks that are no more stained however, are still indented, you can utilize refinishing with a “fractional” laser that concentrates on little ranges. The laser is gone for the edges of stretch marks, cover up the surface of the skin.
- You could need up to three fractional laser treatments; every treatment could cost around $1000.
- Hyperpigmentation and scarring are potential reactions of fractional laser treatments.
28.) Tummy Tuck
Get an abdominoplasty (aka tummy tuck). The main approach to dispose of stretch marks is to you speculated it remove them. In case, you’ve taken a stab at everything else and can’t stand the tiger stripes, a tummy tuck may be the ticket.
- Be arranged for the expense. In the United States, an abdominoplasty can run in the middle of $4000 and $20,000.
- Be mindful of the dangers with any real surgery. There are life-debilitating entanglements that can emerge from a tummy tuck.
- Anticipate a long recuperation. You can hope to take 2 to 4 weeks off work, and use 3 to 6 prior months you’re completely recuperated.
Physical Exercise to Get Rid of Stretch Marks:
Simple exercises like crunches, sit-ups, swimming can help with removing stretch mark. Here are some exercises, which are beneficial to remove stretch marks:
- For Stretch Marks on Stomach: You are required to lie down flat on your back. Now, bend your knees, keeping the feet flat on the floor. Keep your hands on the sides of your head. Now, lift your upper body somewhat off the floor, contracting your abs.
- For Stretch Marks on Thighs: Sit straight on the chair. Now, put your hands down to your sides, holding the chair. Now, swing your legs in up and down motion. This will help to firm your thighs.
- For Stretch Marks on Hips and Buttocks: Lie down flat on your back. Relax for a few minutes. Then, lift one leg creating a 90 degree angle. Lift it until you feel a pull on your buttocks. Try the same on the other leg. Slowly, increase your pace and strain on the hips, buttocks, and thighs.
- For Stretch Marks on Bottom: You are required to lie down facing the floor. Put your arms on the side. Lift your right leg up and then down. Repeat the same with left leg. Raise your leg at least 3-6 inches off the floor.
How to Get Rid of Old Stretch Marks?
In this fast life style, women have very little time to take care of themselves. Most women encounter one common problem ant that is stretch marks. If treatment is not applied on time, they get older and difficult to remove. Fractional laser therapy is the best option. It makes the skin surface smooth. But there are negative effects this treatment may also result in side-effects, like hyper-pigmentation and scarring. Try SPF 60 solution directly on the stretch marks.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks?
Appearance of ugly stretch marks can be prevented, if a little care is taken to ensure that our skin is well hydrated receive it is share of moisture.
Lotions, Creams and Ointments: Using lotions, creams and ointments like Vaseline and other commercially available creams will help to keep the skin around the high fat regions of our body elastic and less susceptible to stretch marks.
Vitamin C: During pregnancy the body suffers from a deficiency of Vitamin C, which should be supplemented orally. You can consume foods rich in vitamin C like leafy greens, citrus fruits, papaya, etc. Alternatively, you can also take vitamin C in the form of pills. Regular intake of Vitamin C will help to reduce the occurrence of stretch marks greatly.
Oil Massage: Oil massage is one of the best ways to get rid of stretch marks. You can blend aloe- Vera gel with olive oil and apply it on your abdomen and other areas affected by the stretch marks. In case you are pregnant and want to avoid the stretch marks after delivery make use of egg oil massages after the eight weeks of pregnancy. Egg oil massages can help to keep your skin moisturized and maintain the elasticity, which is very essential for removing stretch marks.
Water and Physical Exercise: Keep your body hydrated. It is essential for the de-toxification of the body. Drink at least 10 glasses of water every day for this purpose. Engage in physical exercises. As you lose weight gradually over a period of time, you will notice a significant fading away of your stretch marks. There are various types of exercises targeted to reduce the stretch marks, around the specific areas of your body. Practicing yoga as this will enhance your flexibility and help your skin to heal faster.
Avoid Chemicals: If you have pregnant, then avoided any type of chemical ointment, which might seep through the skin ad cause harm to the baby. Instead, stick to homely remedies and keep your skin moisturized. Avoid scratching the marks, which will most likely make them more inflamed and cause further irritation and make them prominent.
If you are not happy with the natural remedies, then you can always opt for cosmetic surgery or any other type of laser treatment, which can drill a hole in your pocket. No matter what you do, it is important that you learn to embrace your body and love it under any circumstances. Learn to acknowledge the fact that stretch marks are a normal phenomenon, which almost every living individual experiences. Being irritated and worried about the marks, will only make things more complicated instead of focusing on the solution.
What Are The Signs of Stretch Marks?
No one wants to have stretch marks on their skin. Stretch marks or stretch marks commonly appear on that part of the body where are large fat deposits. Symptoms that will help you to recognize the development of stretch marks are:
- Skin is turning pink. Appearance of red, pings or purple lines.
- The affected area becomes soft in touch.
- With time these lines change color into silver or white.
- In the initial phase, these lines appear wrinkly and somewhat raised.
- They may also appear in patches of parallel lines. They appear as a scar.
Other Treatments for Stretch Marks Removal:
Apart from natural home remedies to get rid of stretch marks, various other simple options are also available to remove stretch marks. They are as follows:
- Use oats as a natural scrub on the stretch marks.
- Apply Vaseline on the stretch marks.
- If stretch marks itches then take a warm shower and gently apply oil massage.
- One of the effective ways for healing stretch marks is folic acid.
- Use a moisturizer on the affected area.
- To lessen the stretch mark use retinoic acid cream.
- Increase collagen production in the body by using glycolic acid
- Surgical procedures like liposuction, breast lifts, and tummy tuck are effective for reducing stretch marks.
- Laser surgeries (Pulsed dye laser or vascular) can be effective in removing stretch marks. This method is not effective for dark women.