In this article we will discuss about the uses and benefits of coconut oil for acne. On of the most common skin condition that most people suffer is Acne. It occurs most commonly in adolescence. By the time one reaches its mid twenties, most people can see a drastic reduction of acne. However, some people are not lucky enough in this case. They have acne their whole life and suffer from it well into their adult stage. Acne is responsible for causing pimples, scaly red skin, whiteheads and blackheads, nodules and sometimes permanent acne scars or marks. Acne most commonly occurs on the face. It can also be seen on chest and upper back.
Causes of Acne:
Acne can be caused because of the following reasons:
- Improper diet
- Clogged pores
- Accumulation of excess oil on the surface of the skin.
There are plenty of acne medications available in the market. But, the majority of them include harsh chemical which can often do more harm to the skin than good. Coconut oil for acne is one of the great natural remedies which has no harsh chemicals or preservatives. It helps in keeping your skin healthy and nourished. It can treat and prevent acne breakouts. If coconut oil and acne medication are compared (for their price), coconut oil is generally cheaper of the two.
Properties of Coconut Oil:
- The use and benefits of coconut for acne is quite beneficial.
- Coconut oil is known for its excellent anti-fungal, antibacterial, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties which help fight acne infections and helps prevent breakouts.
- Coconut oil has Caprylic, Lauric and Capric acid, and Vitamin K and Vitamin E that help prevent acne scars or marks from forming. Plus, it helps diminish scars that have already occurred.
Uses and Benefits of Coconut Oil for Acne:
1.) Coconut Oil for Acne Treatment
- Coconut oil acne treatment is one of the most excellent acne treatments available.
- Unlike various commercial acne treatments, this oil for acne prone skin is completely natural. It contains no harsh chemicals, preservatives or additives.
- Many commercial acne product damage and dry out your skin when used, but not coconut oil.
- Coconut oil not only eliminates the infection causing bacteria, but also helps strengthen skin, making it healthy and more radiant.
- Coconut oil for acne treatment is best accomplished with a virgin, organic, unrefined, cold pressed coconut oil.
2.) What are the Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Acne?
- Coconut oil has the same powerful infection fighting and healing properties that are similar to mother’s breast milk. These properties are because of the Caprylic acid, Lauric acid, and Capric acid found in coconut oil.
- Coconut oil helps soothe inflammation, which is an initial symptom of severe acne occurrence.
- It helps to ease your red, dry skin caused by acne.
- It helps to prevent acne causing infections and also help to nourish and heal the skin and make it healthier.
- This oil also helps in making your skin overall healthy, supple and more vibrant.
- The benefits of coconut oil ranges from helping you to kill acne causing bacteria, minimizing the look of acne marks or scars. It also helps prevent the occurrence of new ones and alleviating inflammation caused due to severe acne.
- It helps to unclog pores and enhances metabolism, which helps in balancing hormones (androgen) which is responsible for causing acne.
- Coconut oil is completely natural remedy. It does not have harmful chemicals which often dry out your skin and do more harm than good.
- Using coconut oil for acne prone skin is an ideal way to get rid of existing acne and significantly decrease further breakouts.
3.) What are the Benefits of Coconut Oil For Acne Scars?
- Due to the presence of Vitamin E, Caprylic, Capric and Lauric acid, coconut oil is an excellent remedy to help minimize the appearance of acne scars or acne marks.
- Coconut oil not only minimize scars, but also helps prevent new marks from forming.
- People with acne scars should use coconut oil and they can see acne scars diminishing over time.
- Coconut oil can be applied at once a day, but 2 to 4 times daily is recommended.
4.) How To Use Coconut Oil For Acne?
You can use coconut oil for acne both internally and externally.
Internal Way to Use Coconut Oil for Acne:
- You can take 2 to 5 tbsp of coconut oil internally every day to help enhance your immune system and overall health.
- Taking it internally will also help in speeding up your metabolism, that will help in balancing hormones.
- You can take it undiluted or can mix it with a drink or food.
External Way to Use Coconut Oil For Acne
- Coconut oil for acne can be used topically by applying it to the acne affected areas.
- The oil will help unclog pores and reduce infection, which is responsible for causing acne.
- It will also help remove impurities and nourish skin.
- When using coconut oil for the first time, it may elevate your acne condition as it removes impurities out of your skin. However, within a few weeks, acne will start diminishing and will completely clear up gradually.
- When you use it topically, remember to apply it every morning and night before going to bed.
- In case of severe acne, you can apply it 3-4 times a day.
- This amazing oil can also be used for treating spots on face.
- Coconut oil becomes very thick when stored at temperatures below 77 degrees, so you can heat it slightly whenever applying.
- If you use in a solid state it can be less oily, you can apply it in solid form also.
- It is effective and safe for all skin types, even oily skin.
- Coconut oil is an excellent treatment for acne, whether you use it for children, teens or adults.
- The best method to use coconut oil is to use it both externally and internally.
5.) How Consuming Coconut Oil Helps in Acne Treatment?
- You can have the benefits of coconut oil by eating it regularly.
- Coconut oil helps in boosting your immune system that helps keep your body healthier.
- It also fights off internal bacteria which may be causing acne.
- It also speed up your body’s metabolism when consumed regularly. A good metabolism, helps maintain hormone, that helps in minimizing acne outbreaks.
- You can have 2 to 5 tablespoons of coconut oil daily.