After writing how to pop your ears?, and how to stop a runny nose?, we are now writing get rid of a stuffy nose fast and nasal congestion naturally without medicine. When the nasal passage gets blocked it causes nose congestion. Stuffy nose makes it difficult to breathe and is very annoying. It can happen due to many reasons like some infection, allergy, cold and sinus. Is your stuffy nose, making you uncomfortable? Here, we will explain quick and easy tips to get rid of stuffy nose. Clearing a stuffy nose is not so expensive and also not time taking. Following are few ways to get rid of a nasal congestion fast and naturally:
19 Remedy to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose:
- 19 Remedy to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose:
- Eucalyptus Oil to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
- Take a Hot Shower to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
- Basil to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
- Garlic to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Tomato to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
- Neti Pot to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
- Fenugreek Seeds to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
- Steam with Vicks to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Warm Compress Over Your Nose to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Nasal Spray to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Acupressure to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
- Drink Lots of Water to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Vapor Rub to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Spicy Food to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Drink Tea to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Humidifier to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Apply Decongestants to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Chicken Soup to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
- Blow Your Nose
- Other Useful Tips to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose:
Eucalyptus Oil to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
Eucalyptus oil is a great remedy to clear stuffy nose. You can use the oil swab or while taking steam you can use the few drops of eucalyptus oil in it.
- For using the eucalyptus oil swab, take a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Mix 5 drops of pure eucalyptus oil with 5 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Either take a cotton swab or tissue paper, dip the swab or tissue paper in the oil.
- Now, put the same in one side of the nostril and keep the other side open.
- Do it for 5-10 minutes. Now, remove the swab from the 1st nostril and taking a new swab block 2nd nostril, keeping the previous nostril open.
- Do this process for about 60 minutes and you can see the results.
Take a Hot Shower to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
Hot shower is also very effective in opening a stuffy nose. There is a scientific reason after this theory, steam coming from the hot shower thin out the mucus in our nose and ultimately reduce the inflammation. You can see that you breathe much better after taking a hot shower.
You can also use the bathroom sink and hot water to take the steam. Collect the jot water in the bathroom sink. Put your head over the sink and cover your head with the towel so that steam can build near you face or nose. Take the deep breathe and you will feel relaxed.
Basil to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
Basil is one of the most effective remedy to relief from the regular stuffy nose problem. You can easily fight the regular nasal problems by using basil leaves.
You need to collect the fresh basil leaves. Wash them, clean them and chew 3-4 basil leaves at a time. Do this as the first thing in the morning and repeat the same before going to bed. You can also add the basil leaves while making your tea.
Garlic to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Stuffy nose is very common with the seasonal cold or even some time with the cough also. A study from the American Academy of Otolaryngology, provide the information that changes of blockage of sinus and nasal sections are very high when our body is fighting with microscopic organisms.
Allium sativum is a substance in the garlic, which is very helpful in opening blockage. It is a sweet-smelling zest. Further, Herbal Medicines Organization indicates that garlic also have saponins, allins and fructosans, to make it antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral. Garlic also help is reducing the hypertension and lowering the blood cholesterol level.
You can consume 2-3 fresh garlic cloves. Try to consume the garlic more than 2-3 times a day while suffering from the stuffy nose. Apart from consuming the garlic clove directly you can use the garlic while making your food also. You can prepare a garlic soup or can add the garlic while making your other favorite soup.
Tomato to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
Tomatoes and rich source of vitamin C and anti-oxidants. Tomato juice helps to open up the stuffy nose by boosting the body immune system and help in fighting bacteria. It helps in reducing the inflammation and clear the mucus in vessels.
- Take few tomatoes and 3-4 garlic cloves. Blend it to make the juice. If you don’t want to drink the juice in the same state, then either you can microwave it or can heat it in a pan over the stove.
- Drink the tomato juice twice a day to get relief.
Neti Pot to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
Neti pot is very effective in clearing the blockage in nasal sections. If you are experiencing the influenza then never utilize the Neti pot. Rest below are the steps to use Neti pot:
- You can prepare the water for neti post by mixing a teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water.
- Now, pour this water into the Neti pot.
- Place you have over the sink, place nozzle of the Neti pot on 1 side of your nostril.
- Start tilting the neti pot so that water start entering your nasal entries.
- Soon water starts coming from the other nostril after cleaning the congestion and other bodily fluid clogging the nasal passage.
- Now, change the side and start pouring the water from the other side.
- Do this, 2-3 times in a day to get the better results.
Fenugreek Seeds to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
Fenugreek seeds have the properties to thin the mucus and to open up the sinus. You can use the fenugreek seeds with following procedure:
- Take a glass of drinking water and add some fenugreek seeds in it.
- Now, heat the water for a few minutes over burner in a pan.
- Remove the water from heat and stain the water in a glass.
- Cool down a bit, but drink the water when it is still warm.
- Do this, 3-4 times in a day and you see the effective result.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a soup by adding the fenugreek with other things.
Steam with Vicks to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Directions to Follow:
- Take water in a pot and boil it to make steam. Add some Vicks in to it.
- Remove it from heat and breathe in and out steam to clear the congestion.
- Heat from the steam will ease your congestion.
- Lean your head towards the pot and breathe in gently.
- You can try this method very often during the day.
Warm Compress Over Your Nose to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Directions to Follow:
- Wet a cloth with warm water and apply the cloth over your nose.
- Use warm water as much as you can stand, don’t overheat it.
- While doing some other activity keep compressing your nose.
- Warm compress helps effectively to get rid of a stuffy nose.
Nasal Spray to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Directions to Follow:
- Take 1 cup of warm water and mix 1/4th spoon of salt in it.
- Put the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Slowly spray the mixture in your nose.
- Let the solution to drain from your nose.
- Use this nasal spray 2-3 times a day.
- Saline water helps to clear the stuffy nose by flushing out the bacteria and mucus.
Acupressure to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
Massage your sinuses to get rid of a stuffy nose. We know that it is very old technique, but it works very well for many people. If you don’t want to consume medicine and usually avoid medicines, then this is the best thing for you. Put the pressure on the blocked area for a few minutes by massaging the area and you can see the results.
- For doing this, plus you both index fingers on one side of the eye cavity, just below the eyebrow but above the nose. Start massaging the sinus area in an outward circular motion with your fingers for 25-30 seconds.
- Now, repeat the same process with your fingers on the other side of the nose for 25-30 seconds.
- After this, place your thumb on one side cheek bone. Start massage the cheekbone for 25-30 seconds with the thumb in outward circles. You need to repeat the process on the other cheek bone also.
- Repeat the above steps 2-3 times and you will be relaxed.
Drink Lots of Water to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Directions to Follow:
- Drink lots of water and stay hydrated.
- It helps to liquidate the thick mucus and drain out.
- Water helps to clear blockage and helps to soothe the congestion.
- Water has many key benefits and clearing stuffy nose is one of them.
Vapor Rub to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Directions to Follow:
- Apply vapor rub on your chest and throat before going to bed.
- Vapor rub contains camphor, menthol and eucalyptus which helps to clear congestion.
- Don’t apply vapor rub near your eyes as it may cause irritation in the eyes.
Spicy Food to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Eat lots of spicy food which in turn will result in having lots of water.
- You will have running nose while having spicy food.
- A lot of bacteria and mucus will flush out.
Drink Tea to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
Directions to Follow:
- Have a hot tea to soothe your throat and to clear a stuffy nose.
- You can try hot water with lemon and honey to relieve your nose from congestion.
- Take hot water, add some tea leaves, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 lemon.
- Drink the mixture to clear your throat and nose.
Humidifier to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Humidifier keeps the air moist and moist air helps to soothe stuffy nose.
- The humidifier converts water into water vapors and liquidate the thick mucus.
- It helps to clear your nose by flushing out the fluids and bacteria from your nose.
Apply Decongestants to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose
- Apply decongestants to reduce congestion and pain in the nose.
- Decongestants come as a spray and pill in the market.
- Read the instructions carefully before using them.
- Don’t take decongestants more that 2-3 days without a doctor’s prescription.
Chicken Soup to Get Rid of Stuffy Nose
It is a very popular and effective home remedy to get rid of stuffy nose. Chicken soup is good for health and also you can consume as much soup you want. You can take vegetable soup by adding garlic soup and ginger, in case you are a vegetarian.
You can add garlic, lemon juice and ginger to make the soup more effective. Consume 3-4 cups of soup in a day.
Blow Your Nose
Blow off your stuffy nose. Different people with blocked nose have different views, few ways blowing the nose is very effective and few says it won’t help and even make it worse.
A study from the University of a significant pressure is caused when you are blowing your nose and every single time mucus get back into the. You may be feeling better, but you are making things worse for you by blowing your nose with traditional method.
It is always recommend the blow one nostril at a time, and it should be done with some doses of decongestants.
Other Useful Tips to Get Rid of a Stuffy Nose:
- Apply eucalyptus oil on your nose bridge to get relief from congestion.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take a hot shower before going to bed.
- Try medicines, if home remedies don’t work.
- Sleep with your head elevated upright.
- Use right humidifier.
- Have a mint to clear stuffy nose.
- Have some fresh air and you will feel better.
- Apply vapor rub on chest, head and upper lip.
- If cold still persists for more than 7 days, then consult a doctor as it may be some allergy or severe cold.