Mucus is a slippery secretion that is produced by the mucous membrane. It filters the particles going inside the nasal passage and prevent bacteria and virus from entering the body. However, if this mucus is produced in the access then it could be troublesome. It clogs the throat and drips from the other side of the nose. It is accompanied by throat congestion and runny nose. To prevent other problems it’s better to treat it timely. Read more, to know remedies to get rid of mucus?
Symptoms of Mucus:
Causes of Mucus:
Ways to Get Rid of Mucus:
- Ways to Get Rid of Mucus:
- 1.) Steam to Get Rid of Mucus
- 2.) Ginger to Get Rid of Mucus
- 3.) Chicken Soup to Get Rid of Mucus
- 4.) Lemon juice to Get Rid of Mucus
- 5.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Mucus
- 6.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Mucus
- 7.) Carrots to Get Rid of Mucus
- 8.) Honey to Get Rid of Mucus
- 9.) Onion to Get Rid of Mucus
- 10.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Mucus
1.) Steam to Get Rid of Mucus
Steam is one of the ideal remedies to remove the mucus. While inhaling the steam the mucus is transformed into the watery for, which is easier to remove.
How to Take a Steam?
- Fill a bowl with hot water, add a few drops of essential oil to it. Place the bowl in front of you. Take a towel makes a tent in such a way that face and bowl are covered completely and the steam does not go out. Inhale the steam for 5-7 minutes. Do this 2-3 times a day.
- Alternatively, take shower steam 2-3 times a day.
- Do any of the above remedies regularly to get relief from mucus.
2.) Ginger to Get Rid of Mucus
Ginger has been used since to treat the respiratory problems. It is a natural discontent. Also, it has expectorant, antibacterial and antiviral properties that help to treat the congestion and remove the mucus.
How to Use Ginger?
- Boil a cup of water add a tablespoon of fresh ginger slices into it. Steep it for a few minutes. The add a teaspoon of honey to it. Drink this ginger tea slowly-slowly. Make sure you drink it hot. ( Not too hot)
- Chew ginger slices and add ginger powder to your meal. It is good for overall health.
3.) Chicken Soup to Get Rid of Mucus
Hot chicken soup van helps to relieve the mucus. It is packed with properties that soothe your throat and loosen the mucus. It will also moisturize the airways.
- Drink 2 bowls of chicken soup to treat mucus.
- For effective results add garlic and ginger in it.
- Homemade soup is more beneficial.
4.) Lemon juice to Get Rid of Mucus
Lemon juice loosens the phlegm and mucus. Thus, it becomes easy to remove it. Moreover, it has antibacterial properties that fight with the bacteria and treats the congestion in chest and throat. It is also a rich source of Vitamin C which is a bonus for us.
How to Use Lemon Juice?
- In a glass of luke warm water add the juice of half lemon (small) and a tablespoon of honey. Mix it thoroughly and drink this 2-3 times a day.
- Alternatively, slice the lemon. Sprinkle some pepper and salt on the slice and suck it. It will provide relief to the throat and also helps to remove the mucus.
5.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Mucus
Another best remedy to get rid of mucus is gargling with warm salt water. Warm water proved a relief to itching throat whereas salt inhibits the growth of the bacteria that causes infection.
How to Use Salt Water?
- In a glass of lukewarm water mix a generous amount of salt.
- Use this solution to gargle.
- Gargle with this solution 3-4 times a day until you completely get rid of mucus.
6.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Mucus
Turmeric has healing properties. It is one of the oldest household remedies for mucus. It has antiseptic properties that destroy the growth of the bacteria. Moreover, it also boosts the immunity system.
How to Use Turmeric?
- Drink a glass of warm milk mixed with the dash of turmeric 2 times day. One in the morning and another before going to sleep.
- Mix half teaspoon of the turmeric in a glass of water and swallow it.
- Alternatively, add a tablespoon of turmeric and dash of salt in the warm water. Use this solution to gargle 3-4 times a day.
7.) Carrots to Get Rid of Mucus
Carrots are a rich source of Vitamin C. Moreover, it some properties that help to soothing itching in the throat and helps to eliminate the mucus. Moreover, it treats the congestion as well. In addition, it strengthens the immunity system. Besides, all it is packed with wholesome nutrients that are good for overall health.
How to Use Carrots?
- Chew 1-2 carrots regularly.
- Drink juice of fresh carrots on the daily basis. For spare results add some honey to it.
8.) Honey to Get Rid of Mucus
Honey is also an ideal remedy to eliminate mucus. It has antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties that help to soothe the throat and remove the mucus and phlegm. Moreover, it is antiseptic thus it fights back with the infection and strengthens the immunity system as well.
How to Use Honey?
- In a tablespoon of honey add a dash of pepper( black or white). Pepper is good for throat and honey soothes the mucus membrane. Swallow this mixture 2-3 times a day to eliminate the mucus.
- Alternatively, in a glass of warm water add a tablespoon of honey. Drink this 3-4 times a day to eliminate the mucus.
9.) Onion to Get Rid of Mucus
Onion is packed with the anti-inflammatory properties and antibiotics. It helps to soothe your aching throat and get rid of the mucus. Moreover, it strengthens the immunity system and healing process.
How to Use Onion?
- Cut small slices of the onion. Mix some to it.
- Leave it aside for a few minutes.
- Swallow a tablespoon of this mixture after 2-3 hours or whenever you need it.
10.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Mucus
Cayenne pepper helps to loosen the mucus from the throat. Moreover, it provides the relief to the itching and pain in the throat. It also cures the congestion.
How to Use Cayenne Pepper?
- Mix grated ginger, a dash of cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of water and a tablespoon of honey.
- Swallow this mixture several times a day. It will reduce the production of the mucus.
- Add cayenne paper in your meals.
Additional Tips to Get Rid of Mucus:
- Place humidifier in your room.
- Avoid irritants such as smoking and fumes.
- With the change in temperature protect your sinuses.
- If you do not get relief then consult the doctor.