Laryngitis is the result of an inflammation in your vocal cords. It is usually caused by excessive strain on the vocal cords or a bacterial or viral infection. The condition might last from 3 to 3 weeks. If it goes beyond 3 weeks then you should consider it frivolous, as it could be a voice disorder called dysmponia. The most common symptom of laryngitis is a hoarse or weak voice. Sometimes it is caused that much even the people cannot talk at all. It is often accompanied by a sore throat and dry cough. In most of the cases, it is an acute condition that heals with time and has no serious consequences on the patient. You can get rid of the pain and inflammation as restore you voice quickly with some easy and simple home remedies for laryngitis.
Home Remedies for Laryngitis:
- Home Remedies for Laryngitis:
- 1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat laryngitis
- 2.) Ginger to Cure Laryngitis
- 3.) Garlic to Get Rid of Laryngitis
- 4.) Salt water gargle to Treat Laryngitis
- 5.) Lemon Juice to Cure Laryngitis
- 6.) Slippery elm to Treat Laryngitis
- 7.) Honey to Get Rid of Laryngitis
- 8.) Eucalyptus Oil to Treat Laryngitis
- 10.) Onion Syrup to Get Rid of Laryngitis
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat laryngitis
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies for laryngitis. It does not help to treat laryngitis but also other problems. It has antimicrobial properties that help to fight infections which make it best remedy to treat laryngitis.
- Take two tablespoons of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of honey and mix with a half cup of water. To increase the effectiveness of this remedy you can add a little cayenne pepper. Then drink it twice a day.
- Or you can prepare a solution by mixing one tablespoon of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar with a glass of warm water. Gargle with this solution several times a day to get relief.
2.) Ginger to Cure Laryngitis
Ginger has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that can help to get rid of the bacterial and viral infection. It also soothes larynx and throat and alleviates pain and inflammation. Ginger is one of the best home remedies for laryngitis.
- You need to boil 2 teaspoons of grated ginger in 2 cups of water. Boil down the water until it reduces to half. Then filter the resultant solution and add two teaspoons of honey in it.
- Or you can boil a small piece of ginger root in water for about 20 to 30 minutes, then strain the solution. You can add lemon and honey to it if you want. Let it cool and consume it few times a day to see the positive result.
- Sucking a piece of ginger will also work effectively. Chew it a little before gulping, as the juice of ginger will help to relieve the soreness and inflammation in the throat.
- You can add ginger to your tea as well.
3.) Garlic to Get Rid of Laryngitis
Garlic has antimicrobial properties which help to kill bacteria and viruses. It also acts as a natural expectorant. Garlic is considered as one of the best home remedies for laryngitis.
- Suck the juice of garlic by placing a few pieces of it in your mouth. You can crush it with your teeth to extract the juice of garlic then gulp it down. Use this remedy three to four times a day for quick recovery.
- Or you can mix crushed garlic cloves and honey to make a paste. Consume one teaspoon of this paste with a glass of water 3 to 4 times day to see the positive result.
- chop four cloves of garlic. Then heat one teaspoon of ghee and cook the chopped garlic in it for a few minute. Add a pinch of salt and consume this mixture twice a day.
- or you can use another method. You need to chop several garlic cloves and then place them into the jar and cover it with an equal part of distilled water and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Shake the jar to properly mix the content thoroughly and then let it sit for about 4 hours. Finally, add some honey and store it in the refrigerator. Take two to three teaspoons of this garlic syrup within every 6 to 8 hours.
4.) Salt water gargle to Treat Laryngitis
Salt water gargle is the simplest solution for your entire throat problem. it can recover your sound box and heal a sore throat faster than you will think. Being an antibacterial and healing agent, it will effectively remove all the germs in your throat and heal your throat faster. It is one of the best home remedies for laryngitis.
- Boil and water and add on a teaspoon of salt in it. Mix it well and gargle.
- When you will gargle, so remember to take the salt water as far as into your throat to touch the larynx, which is where you want to heal action to take place. Try to keep the water as long as you can in the throat and try to avoid drinking and eating for about half an hour after the gargle.
5.) Lemon Juice to Cure Laryngitis
Lemon juice will not only hydrate your throat but it will also help in the production of saliva and destroy the multiplication of due to its acidic properties. the acidic nature o f lemon helps to kill bacteria and viruses and give relief from various symptoms of laryngitis. It also helps to loosen mucus and considered as one of the best home remedies for laryngitis.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon into a glass of warm water. Then add one-half teaspoon of sea salt, if you don’t have sea salt so you can also use table salt.
- Gargle with this solution several times a day to see the positive result.
- The best way to get maximum benefits from the lemon is to gulp it down in your throat with adding water. Do this 3 to 4 times a day to get maximum benefits.
6.) Slippery elm to Treat Laryngitis
It is one of the best home remedies for laryngitis as it contains mucilage that turns into a gel when you mix it with water and this give relieves from throat irritation and inflammation.
- Put some fresh slippery elm in water. It will turn into a gel, then swallow the gel several times a day to get relieved from a sore throat.
- You can also try slippery elm lozenges.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women then don’t use this remedy.
7.) Honey to Get Rid of Laryngitis
Honey is highly beneficial for soothing an irritated throat as it helps to coat and soothe your throat. It also helps to reduce the inflammation. Honey is one of the best home remedies for laryngitis.
- The simplest way to use honey is to swallow some raw honey several times a day.
- You can also try herbal tea made with lemon and honey. to make the tea add one or two tablespoons of raw honey and juice from one-half lemon to a cup of hot water. You can also add a dash of cayenne pepper to it. drink this solution once or twice a day.
8.) Eucalyptus Oil to Treat Laryngitis
It has natural antibacterial and antiviral properties which make eucalyptus oil one of the best remedy to soothe a sore throat considered as best home remedies for laryngitis.
- The best way to use eucalyptus oil is to inhale its steam. You need to add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to a large pan of boiling water. Cover your head with a towel and inhale the steam for about 10 minutes. Use this remedy twice a day.
- You can also try cough syrup and lozenges that contain eucalyptus oil.
9.) Licorice Root to Cure Laryngitis
Licorice is a very effective remedy to help relieve throat irritation, due to its anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. it acts as a natural expectorant to get rid of mucus.
- You need to boil one teaspoon of dried licorice root in a cup of water for about five to 10 minutes. Then strain and drink the licorice tea up to three times a day.
- You can also try licorice lozenges.
- Licorice may interact with certain medication and may not be suitable for those people who have a problem with high blood pressure, liver disease, kidney disease, or heart disease. If you are pregnant and breastfeeding women then don’t use this remedy.
10.) Onion Syrup to Get Rid of Laryngitis
Onion syrup is one of the most effective home remedies for laryngitis. It helps to reduce the inflammation and acts as a natural expectorant.
- Take three to four medium sized onions and cut them into equal pieces. Then prepare a thick solution with a syrup like consistency after simmering the pieces in four cups of water.
- Mix five tablespoons of onion syrup in a glass of warm water. Add a few drops of lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey in this solution.
- Then sip this mixture slowly.