How to get rid of flies at home naturally? Flies are dipteral which means they have two wings and belonging to the same order. On this world there can be more than 1.20 million species of flies. Growing towards maturity they usually keep on changing in size. The fly in our house named House Fly is named Musca Domestica scientifically. House Fly may not bite but they are a source of several diseases like cholera, typhoid, dysentery and diarrhea. They sit on anything and these diseases can easily be transmitted through them. Various other infections can also be transmitted.
The main causes of house flies usually get accumulated in areas of no cleanliness like garbage dumps or fecal matter. Flies are also attracted to uncovered left out food. Flies grow in areas of heavy vegetation and thick shrubbery.
Remedies to Get Rid of Flies at Home:
- Remedies to Get Rid of Flies at Home:
- 1.) Camphor to Get Rid of Flies
- 2.) UV Traps to Get Rid of Flies
- 3.) Basil to Get Rid of Flies
- 4.) Plastic Water Bags to Get Rid of Flies
- 5.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Flies
- 6.) White Wine to Get Rid of Flies
- 7.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Flies
- 8.) Fly Paper to Get Rid of Flies
- 9.) Cucumbers to Get Rid of Flies
- 10.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Flies
- 11.) Apple and Clove to Get Rid of Flies
- 12.) Turn ‘On” the Fan to Get Rid of Flies
- 13.) Green Apple Soap to Get Rid of Flies
- 14.) Screening to Get Rid of Flies
- 15.) Essential Oils to Get Rid of Flies
- 16.) Fly Swat to Get Rid of Flies
1.) Camphor to Get Rid of Flies
You just need to light it up and it will spread fumes all over the room. The flies will eventually fly away.
2.) UV Traps to Get Rid of Flies
Flies are usually attracted to the ultra violet trap and it is an effective method to get rid of flies. The fly sits on the trap and it then gets killed. Hence, UV traps is an easy method to kill flies.
3.) Basil to Get Rid of Flies
Basil is effective against flies. Planting basil in your garden will keep flies at a distance. Planting mint, marigold or lavender will help to get rid of the flies. It has proven to be effective along with its medicinal properties.
4.) Plastic Water Bags to Get Rid of Flies
At the entryways of your house, hang clear plastic bags which will prevent the entry of flies.
5.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Flies
It is a fact that flies hate the smell of cinnamon. So using cinnamon as an air-freshener will add to the prevailing cause and thus help to get rid of the flies from your house.
6.) White Wine to Get Rid of Flies
Mixing white wine along with dish washing liquid will attract the flies. The flies will get poisoned when they come near the bowl which contains the mixture.
7.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Flies
Put some water in a spray bottle and add cayenne pepper to it. Shake the mixture well. Now spray this all around your house which will help in killing all the flies.
8.) Fly Paper to Get Rid of Flies
Fly paper gets rid of stubborn flies and it is really easy to make one at your own place. Using sugar and corn starch make syrup out of it and brush it nicely on a brown paper. Pin out a hole in one corner and hang up anywhere in or outside your house. This will surely prevent the entrance of flies in the house.
9.) Cucumbers to Get Rid of Flies
On the top of garbage, place some cucumber slices which will prevent the flies from laying eggs inside the container. They repel the cucumber and also its fragrance. Put some cucumber slices inside your house which will refrain the flies from entering the premises and keep them away.
10.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Flies
This has been one of the most effective methods to fulfil the purpose with the help of vinegar. In a bowl put some apple cider vinegar and to it add some liquid detergent. This will create surface tension. Flies will get attracted to the mixture due to its aroma. The flies will come but they wont be able to escape from it and will drown eventually.
11.) Apple and Clove to Get Rid of Flies
Flies cannot bear the smell of cloves at all. Drill some cloves into an apple and place it somewhere in your premises. For cleaning purposes you can use clove oil. The flies will get vanished from the smell.
12.) Turn ‘On” the Fan to Get Rid of Flies
It is an easy way to get rid of the flies. Just turn on the fan which will drive away the flies away from you.
13.) Green Apple Soap to Get Rid of Flies
Studies have proven the fact that green apple liquid soap does attracts the file. So you require a jar and fill it up with 2 spoons of green apple liquid soap along with some water. The fruity aroma will attract the fly but they will then get drowned in the jar. So this way you can get rid of all the flies in your home.
14.) Screening to Get Rid of Flies
With the help of screening, one can easily prohibit the entry of flies in their premises. Screening allows adequate natural light into your house and due to it there would be no opening left in the house for the flies to enter.
15.) Essential Oils to Get Rid of Flies
Oils such as eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender and lemon grass work in keeping the house flies away along with possessing that sweet gentle aroma. Spraying these oils in areas of your house can keep the flies away.
16.) Fly Swat to Get Rid of Flies
If you’re looking for some cheap and easy method to keep flies at bay, well then this is your tool. They are equipped with an electronic machine which helps to trap the flies and kills them automatically.
Some Additional Preventive Measures to Get Rid of Flies:
- In order to control the flies at your place, one should follow the preventive measures listed below.
- Always try to keep the premises clean and hygienic.
- Using a good quality disinfectant will surely keep your house clean.
- Flies love to be in garbage and bins. So it should be your responsibility to dispose off the garbage regularly and be sure that the garbage is thrown off at a location away from your place.
- Dustbins should always have a lid on them.
- All the eatables should be covered especially the fruits such as mangoes and apples.
- Insect repellent sprays can also be used to keep the flies at a distance.
- You should always be aware that there is no water clogging at any place in or around your house. This is usually a welcome sign for the flies.
- Using window screens will keep the flies away and will let the fresh air in too.
- In case of pets at home, their faeces should be cleaned immediately and make sure that nothing is left on the ground after that.