Scabies is an uncomfortable skin condition which occurs in children and in young adults. It is contagious and can spread among young adults in crowded conditions those who have direct contact with each other such as in nursing homes and in child care centres. This article will help you to get rid of scabies. Scabies is caused by a mite that is known as Sarcoptes Scabiei which can live up to a month on human skin. Scabies appears on buttocks, shoulder blades, soles of the feet, between the fingers, under the breasts, around the waist, around the genital area, on the knees, near the elbow and in the armpits. Common symptoms of scabies are itching, intense pain, redness and rashes around the infected area. There can be blisters and swelling too. The mites can spread by sharing personal items with an infected person and sexual contact with a person who is also infected. Treating scabies is very important so you need to treat it on time.
Symptoms of Scabies:
- Tiny blisters or bumps on your skin.
- Intense pain
- Redness around the infected area
Causes of Scabies:
- Scabies is caused by a mite.
- It spreads through physical contact with an infected person.
- By sharing personal belongings with an infected person.
How Long Does it Take to Get Rid of Scabies?
For the first week the itch and rash can worsen during treatment. Within 4 weeks your skin starts healing. Some people take more than 4 weeks to treat scabies.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Scabies:
- Best Remedies to Get Rid of Scabies:
- 1.) Get Rid of Scabies with Tea Tree Oil
- 2.) Get Rid of Scabies with Bleach at Home
- 3.) Turmeric to Prevent Scabies Fast and Naturally
- 4.) Aloe Vera to Treat Scabies Naturally
- 5.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Scabies Fast
- 6.) Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide to Treat Scabies Fast
- 7.) Onion to Treat Scabies Fast
- 8.) Neem Leaves or Indian Lilac to Prevent Scabies Naturally and Fast
- 9.) Clove Oil to Get Rid of Scabies Fast and Naturally
- 10.) Get Rid of Scabies with Vinegar Fast
1.) Get Rid of Scabies with Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the best home remedies for treating scabies. Tea tree oil helps to maintain the pH levels of your skin. Tea tree oil contains terpinen-4-ol which attack and remove the scabies parasite. It also contains anti-microbial properties which help to protect the affected area from infections.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil to Treat Scabies Fast:
- Take a bathtub and fill it with lukewarm water and add 12 drops of tea tree oil to it. Soak your body in this water for 15 minutes 2 times a day.
- Another method is to mix tea tree oil and olive oil in equal proportions. Apply it to the infected skin with a cotton ball.
- Don’t wash your infected area and allow your skin to soak the solution so that it removes the scabies parasite.
2.) Get Rid of Scabies with Bleach at Home
The chlorine present in bleach which works as a disinfectant and will kill the mite that causing the infection. You should not use undiluted bleach as it may irritate your skin.
Steps to Use Scabies to Cure Scabies Fast:
- Take a container and add 1 cup of bleach and 3 cups of water to it.
- Mix it well and apply it to the affected area with a cotton swab.
- Allow it to dry and then take a shower.
3.) Turmeric to Prevent Scabies Fast and Naturally
Turmeric is an herb with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that can eliminate the scabic parasite. It also protects the area against infections.
Steps to Use Turmeric to Treat Scabies Naturally:
- Add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder to a few drops of neem oil.
- Mix it well to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on the infected area and let it dry.
- After an hour remove the dried turmeric with a moist cloth.
- Now take a shower to get relief from scabies.
- Prepare a paste by mixing 1 tbsp of turmeric powder and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this paste to the affected skin and after an hour wash it off with lukewarm water.
4.) Aloe Vera to Treat Scabies Naturally
Aloe vera is one of the best home remedies for treating scabies. Aloe vera helps to soothe the itchy inflammations and protect your skin from infections.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Cure Scabies Fast:
- Scrape the gel from aloe vera and apply it directly to the skin.
- Leave it for half an hour and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply it 3 times a day for some days and then you will get relief from scabies.
- You can also mix a pinch of turmeric powder, some calendula petals and 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel. Make a uniform paste and apply it to the infected skin.
5.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Scabies Fast
Cayenne pepper is an effective treatment against the scabies parasite. Cayenne pepper will kill the mites without any side effects.
Steps to Use Cayenne Pepper to Treat Scabies Fast:
- Take a bathtub and fill it with hot water and add a cup of cayenne pepper to this water.
- Soak your body in hot water tub as long as you can.
- After that take a shower.
- Do it daily for some days as it will help you to get rid of scabies.
6.) Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide to Treat Scabies Fast
Borax and hydrogen peroxide both are highly effective for treating scabies. Borax is a natural fungicide and insecticide. Hydrogen peroxide is an anti-bacterial agent. When you will use them together, it will reduce the chances of infection in the inflamed area.
Steps to Use Hydrogen Peroxide to Cure Scabies:
- Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and then add 2 cups of borax to it.
- Now add 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide to it.
- Soak your body in this bathtub for 15 minutes.
- Take this bath once a day to get relief from scabies.
7.) Onion to Treat Scabies Fast
Onion is one of the best home remedies for scabies treatment. Onion contains a compound called quercetin which is known as analgesic that will give relief from scabies.
Steps to Use Onion to Get Rid of Scabies:
- Take an onion and chop it into pieces. Put the pieces in a bowl and sprinkle some salt on it. Now cover the bowl and apply the onion juice to the affected area with a cotton ball.
- You can also boil the onion pieces in water. Allow the water to cool and then apply it to the affected area.
- Repeat it daily until you get relief from scabies.
8.) Neem Leaves or Indian Lilac to Prevent Scabies Naturally and Fast
Neem leaves is one of the best natural remedies for treating scabies. The antifungal and antibacterial properties in neem leaves help to reduce itching and can eliminate the mites within a few days.
Steps to Use Neem Leaves to Cure Scabies:
- Crush a handful of neem leaves to make a paste. Wash the infected skin and then apply this neem paste to it. Allow it to dry and then take a bath to wash it properly. Do it daily to get relief from scabies symptoms.
- Another method, take some neem leaves and boil them in a cup of water. Allow them to cool at room temperature. Drink 1 tbsp of this liquid 3 or 4 times a day. Repeat it for a week until the scabies are gone completely.
9.) Clove Oil to Get Rid of Scabies Fast and Naturally
Clove oil is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which help to give relief from scabies infection. Clove oil is one of the best home remedies for scabies treatment.
Steps to Use Clove Oil to Avoid Scabies Fast:
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil and add it to 4 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Apply this solution to the infected area and let the skin soak it properly.
- Repeat it once or twice a day until the scabies are gone.
10.) Get Rid of Scabies with Vinegar Fast
The acetic acid in white vinegar helps to reduce the pH level of your skin. White vinegar helps to kill the scabies parasite.
Steps to Use Vinegar for Scabies Treatment:
- Mix fresh water and white vinegar in equal proportions.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this solution to the infected skin.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water