After writing how to get rid of roaches?, how to get rid of fruit flies?, how to get rid of ants?, how to get rid of fleas?, and home remedies to get rid of bed bugs naturally, we are now writing how to get rid of bed bug bites? The seriousness of symptoms associated with bed bug bites fluctuates for every person. Some people are so allergic to the bites that they create a rash and extreme itching, while others may not by any means know they were bitten. Before you attempt remedies to treat bed bug bites (surot bite), verify that its a bed bug bite only not from any other bug or insect like mosquito bites.
(A) Confirm a Bed Bug Bite Before You Treat Bed Bugs Bites
1.) Verify the Bites to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Look at the bites carefully. Bed bug bites commonly look like other insect bites, including mosquito bites, this might be hard to identify. Indeed a doctor can’t usually diagnose bites essentially by looking at them. Watch for the bed bug’s bite design. If it is a bed bug bite, it will appear in a group. You always see the bed bug bites in 3 to 5 rows, it can’t appear alone.
2.) Check Reasons to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Give careful consideration to when the bites occur. This can likewise be difficult to focus on the grounds that each individual’s response time can differ significantly. Symptoms that result from the bite can show sometime or another from a couple of hours to more than a week after the bite occurred.
3.) Check Bed and Bedding to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Check your bed and bedding for signs of bed bugs. Look for red spots of blood on the bed sheet. Maybe these spots came, when a bed bug was squashed in the wake of feeding, or from the bites left of you when the bug is carried out feeding. Check the entire sleeping pad, including the creases on the sides. Look for resting bed bugs, corpses, vacant skins and excrement.
(B) Home Remedies to Treat Bed Bug Bites
1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Baking Soda is one of the best remedies for bed bug bites treatment. It has anti-inflammatory properties that deal with burning sensations. It also helps get relief from redness and itchiness. What you have to do is make a paste with baking soda and apply it topically on the affected area. Follow the given steps for the purpose:
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with some water to make a paste.
- Now apply the paste on the affected area and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with water.
- Do it several times a day for best results.
2.) Cold Compress to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Cold compress is one of the best ways to cure insect bites. It is also an instant way to deal with redness and swelling. It fights of inflammation as well. What you have to do is give your bites a cold compress and you will have the instant results. Follow the steps for the purpose:
- Take a clean cotton cloth and put four ice cubes in it.
- Wrap it well and apply it on the affected area.
- Keep repeating as per your requirement.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most amazing remedies used to treat a number of skin problems. It is equally effective at bed bug bites as well. It is rich in contents that helps get rid of inflammation, swelling and redness. Follow the steps given below to use it:
- Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a bowl and dilute it with water.
- Take a cotton swab and dip in the vinegar.
- Apply it on the bites and leave for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, wash it normal water.
- Keep repeating the process as per your requirement.
4.) Warm Bath to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Steps To Do:
- Soak yourself in a warm bath. Add 1/2 cup (118 ml) of any of the following to help control itching.
- Concentrated peppermint oil.
- Powdered oats. You can find this in health and medicine stores, packaged for utilizing a bath item.
- Baking soda, with or without a little salt added to it.
- Alka-Seltzer, however, just if you are not allergic.
5.) Aloe Vera Gel to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
You can also use Aloe Vera gel to get rid of bed bug bites. Aloe Vera has soothing properties and also helps speed up the healing process. It works on irritation and inflammation and relieves you from pain and itchiness. What you have to do is:
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it into.
- Extract the gel from it in a bowl.
- Now apply the gel on the affected area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash with cool water.
- Repeat the process several times a day for best results.
6.) Witch Hazel to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
You can also opt for witch hazel to heal bed bug bites. It is mostly used as a facial cleanser which is easily available at drug store. It helps calm itching effectively. Also, it helps treat inflammation and swelling. Follow the steps given below to use it.
- Take some witch hazel in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton swab in it and apply on the affected area
- Keep the cotton on the affected are and hold it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, you can remove the cotton.
- No need to wash the area, but wash the area before repeating the process.
7.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Lemon is one of the most effective remedies used to cure bed bug bites. Bed bug bites can cause rashes on the affected area. Lemon juice has natural astringent properties that help dry out these rashes and stimulate the healing process. It also helps you get rid of swelling and itchiness. The only bad part about lemon is that it can cause sunburn. So, it is advised avoid sunlight after using it. To use it:
- Take a lemon juice in a ball.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry on its own and then rinse off the area.
- Repeat as needed.
8.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Cucumber has cooling properties that calms down the inflammation. It also helps you get rid of redness and itchiness. Using it is also easy. But, before using it, make sure that it was kept in refrigerator for some time. What you have to do is:
- Take a cucumber and cut it into thick slices.
- Rub the slices on the affected area.
- Leave it as it is and repeat as you require.
9.) Tea Bags to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Tea bags also have soothing properties that helps speed up the healing process. Just follow the steps given below to use it:
- Boil a glass of water and dip two tea bags in it.
- Now keep the tea bags in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Apply the tea bags on the affected area and you cure bed bug bites well.
10.) Basil to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
You can also go for basil leaves to cure bed bug bites. It has soothing properties that help deal with the inflammation and itchiness. What you have to do is:
- Take a few basil leaves and grind them to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with normal water and you will see the difference.
- Do it twice a day for best results.
11.) Toothpaste to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Yes, you can also use toothpaste to heal bed bug bites fast at home. Using it is simple. You just have to apply it on the affected area. Make sure that you can white toothpaste. It has menthol that helps cool the burning sensations and irritation.
12.) White Vinegar to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Apply white vinegar to the bites. Take a cotton ball and absorb it with white vinegar. Dab the vinegar onto the bites – be cautioned, it may sting a little. After 20-30 minutes, the size of the bites should be significantly reduced.
13.) Soap and Water to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Treat the itch with soap and water. Wash the area with mellow soap and water; Wet the hand surface by utilizing a soap bar and enough water. Work the soap in your hands into thick, rich soapy lather. Rub the lather over the influenced area generously. Repeat until the entire area is secured. Leave on; don’t flush; permit the soap lather to dry over the bitten areas. When you wake up in the morning, you can see a prompt easing from itching. Also, the size of the bites and the swelling should be reduced.
(C) Other Medications to Treat Bed Bug Bites
- Apply a steroidal anti-itch over-the-counter (OTC) cream that contains cortisone or hydro-cortisone. Strictly follow the directions written on the package to apply it rightly.
- Use calamine cream to dry the rash and secure the skin while it recuperates.
- Purchase a topical analgesic OTC that contains pramoxine for pain relief and diphendrydramine for itch control.
- Take oral antihistamine anaphylaxis tablets to control the swelling and rash associated with the bites. Follow package guidelines for proper measurements.
- Take OTC pain relievers that contain ibuprofen or naproxen as needed.
Useful Tip to Treat Bed Bug Bites:
See your doctor if your symptoms don’t clear up inside a couple of weeks or keep on worsening. You ought to similarly see a doctor for judgement on the off chance that you don’t run across indications of bed bugs in your bed and can’t distinguish the source of the bites or the rash.