Are you losing your weight rapidly? Do you feel that your skin is getting pale and you are facing the problem of hair thinning? If yes, then it is really important for you to add protein to your diet. These are the basic symptoms of protein deficiency. No matter, you are having protein deficiency or not, but it is really important to add this nutrient to your diet. This article will guide you regarding various foods high in protein.
Importance of Protein in Your Diet:
- Importance of Protein in Your Diet:
- List of Foods High in Protein:
- 1.) Eggs High in Protein:
- 2.) Chicken Breast Rich in Protein:
- 3.) Almonds High in Protein:
- 4.) Cottage Cheese High in Protein:
- 5.) Milk High in Protein:
- 6.) Lean Beef High in Protein:
- 7.) Tuna High in Protein:
- 8.) Lentils (Rich Source of Protein):
- 9.) Turkey Breast High in Protein:
- 10.) Brussels Sprout High in Protein:
It is really important to add protein to your diet as it provides various health benefits. Some are as follows:
- It is a basic component of every cell in the body.
- Even our hair and nails are made up of protein so it is really important to add this nutrient to our diet.
- It helps in repairing and building body tissues.
- It also helps in making enzymes, body chemicals and hormones in the body.
- Protein is needed for building a block of muscles, muscles, skin, cartilage, and blood.
Benefits of Taking Protein Rich Diet:
Here are various benefits you will notice by consuming protein-enriched diet.
- It helps in speeding up recovery after doing tiring exercises.
- You can build lean muscles by consuming protein foods.
- It can reduce muscle loss.
- It helps a lot in maintaining a healthy weight.
- It is the best food to curb hunger.
How Much Protein is Enough?
Everything should be consumed in a limit. If you lack in something you develop deficiency and when you take something in excess, then you may suffer from various consequences and symptoms. Well, here is the quantity of protein one should consume depending upon their respective age groups.
- Men and teenage boys must take three servings of total seven ounces in a day.
- Women, some older people, and children ranging from 2-6 years must take two servings of total five ounces in a day.
- Also, older children, teen girls, most men, and active women should consume two servings of total six ounces in a day.
List of Foods High in Protein:
Well, here is the list of the foods high in protein. Add them to your diet to get various health benefits from them.
1.) Eggs High in Protein:
It doesn’t matter whether you consume egg white, egg yolk or whole egg. It is a wonderful food high in protein. It is also rich in various nutrients like vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, brain nutrients, and eye-protecting antioxidants. Egg white is the purest form of protein. The whole egg contains 35% of calories, one large egg contains 6 grams of protein that is equivalent to 78 calories.
2.) Chicken Breast Rich in Protein:
It is one of the most famous protein-rich foods. It is very easy to cook chicken breast. Moreover, it has one of the most delicious taste and this is the only reason why it is so famous all around the world. It contain around 80% calories and the majority of calories come in it due to the presence of protein in it. Just one roasted chicken breast without skin contains around 53 grams of protein that is equivalent to 284 calories.
3.) Almonds High in Protein:
It is a very popular tree nut. It contains various nutrients and amazing properties. It is loaded with healthy nutrients like fiber, vitamin E, manganese, and magnesium. Just 13% of calories is present in almond. Only six grams per one ounce serves 28 grams of protein which is equivalent to 161 calories.
4.) Cottage Cheese High in Protein:
This type of cheese is very low in fat and other calories. Hence, it is a great source of protein that is not going to affect your health at any cost. It is also loaded with various nutrients like selenium, vitamin B12, vitamin B2 (riboflavin), calcium, and phosphorus. Just 59% of calories you gain by consuming cottage cheese. Just a cup of it serves 226 grams of protein which is equivalent to 194 calories. It contains just 2% of fat in it.
5.) Milk High in Protein:
Milk is a great source of protein. It is also high in various nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin B2. It contains almost every single important needed to keep our body healthy and fit. It serves around 21% of calories. Just one cup of whole milk contains 8 grams of protein that is equivalent to 149 calories. It is one of the most nutritious foods high in protein.
6.) Lean Beef High in Protein:
It is a very high source of protein. It is rich in various important nutrients like iron and vitamin B2. It serves only 53% of calories to your diet. Just three ounces of beef serves 22 grams of protein that is equivalent to 184 calories. It contains 10% of fat in it.
7.) Tuna High in Protein:
Tuna is one of the most popular fish in the world. This seafood is very less in fat and calories. It is rich various important nutrients and omega-3 fatty acids. It serves 94% of calories. Just a cup of tuna contains 39 grams of protein which is equivalent to 179 calories.
8.) Lentils (Rich Source of Protein):
It is a type of legume. Lentils are rich in various important nutrients like folic acid, iron, potassium, copper, fiber, and manganese. It is a great plant-based source of protein. It serves around 27% of calories. So, eat one cup of lentils as it contains 18 grams of protein that is equivalent to 230 calories.
9.) Turkey Breast High in Protein:
This food is less in calories and fat and it serves great content of protein to your body. It also tastes really well. It serves around 70 % calories. Just 3 ounces of turkey breast contains 24 grams of protein that is equivalent to 146 calories.
10.) Brussels Sprout High in Protein:
It is another great source of protein for vegetarians. It is high in various nutrients like fiber and vitamin C. It serves around 17% of calories to your diet. Just half a cup of Brussel sprouts contains 2 grams of protein which is equivalent to 28 calories. It is one of the greatest foods high in protein.
So, add the above foods high in protein to your diet and get various benefits from them. These foods can provide various health benefits from it.