Liver is an important part of the body that needs to function properly. Sometimes, stress, environmental pollution, and over consuming of fast foods makes the liver vulnerable to the toxins. Toxins are the bad chemicals that interferes in the proper functioning of the liver. Moreover, the excess of toxins may lead to severe health problems. Therefore, it is a need of hour to cleanse the liver in order to flush out the toxins from the liver. Read more to know different foods and ways to cleanse the liver.
Foods to Cleanse the Liver:
- Foods to Cleanse the Liver:
- 1.) Garlic to Cleanse the Liver
- 2.) Grapefruit to Detoxify Liver
- 3.) Carrots and Beetroot to Flush Out Toxins
- 4.) Green Tea to Cleanse the Liver
- 5.) Green Leafy Vegetables to Detoxify the Liver
- 6.) Avocados to Cleanse the Liver
- 7.) Apples to Flush Out Toxins
- 8.) Olive Oil to Cleanse the Liver
- 9.) Grains to Detoxify the Liver
- 10.) Cruciferous Vegetables to Cleanse the Liver
- 11.) Limes and Lemons to Detoxify the Liver
- 12.) Walnuts to Cleanse the Liver
- 13.) Cabbage to Detoxify the Liver
- 14.) Turmeric to Remove Toxins
- 15.) Tomatoes to Cleanse the liver
- Ways to Cleanse the Liver:
- 1.) Avoid Food that Damage Liver
1.) Garlic to Cleanse the Liver
Garlic is probably one of the best foods for stomach. This white bulb has activated liver enzymes that in turn helps the body to flush out all the toxins. Moreover, it contains two compounds known as selenium and allicin. Both the compounds help in detoxifying the liver. Not only this it keeps your stomach healthy and keep all the stomach related problems at the bay.
- Peel 1-2 cloves of the garlic and suck them early in the morning on empty stomach.
- You can also add minced garlic in the curries while preparing them.
2.) Grapefruit to Detoxify Liver
Another food actually a fruit is our list of foods to cleanse the liver is grapefruit. It is a high source of antioxidants and vitamin C that helps to remove all the toxins and impurities from the body. It speeds up the natural cleansing process of the liver. It produces the enzymes that helps in the detoxification and flush out all the carcinogens and the toxins from the body.
- Have a glass of grapefruit regularly to detoxify the liver?
- Alternatively, eat fresh grapefruits regularly to detoxify the liver.
3.) Carrots and Beetroot to Flush Out Toxins
Carrots and beetroots are high in the plant flavonoids and beta-carotene as well. Both the vegetables stimulate and boost the functioning of the liver. In addition to this both the vegetables are great for skin as well. They help to purify the blood as well.
- Drink a glass of juice of both carrots and beetroots regularly.
- Or, you can simply have them in the raw form. They are easily available in the winters.
- A small tip: if you want natural red lips then rub some beetroot on your lips. This will give a natural shine and color to your lips.
4.) Green Tea to Cleanse the Liver
Green tea is power house and has antioxidants and a compound that aids liver cleansing. The liver loving beverage is packed with wholesome properties that help to flush out all the toxins and clean the liver. In addition to this, it is delicious and good for overall health. However, avoid green tea extracts. As according to some studies, they are not good for the health.
- Drink 2-3 cups of green tea regularly.
- Make sure the green tea is original and avoid adding sweetener to it.
- P.S- Do not have green tea supplements.
5.) Green Leafy Vegetables to Detoxify the Liver
Well how can forget the benefits of consuming green leafy vegetables. It is packed with probably most of the essential nutrients like proteins, vitamins and minerals. Not only this it helps in the process of cleansing as well. GLV are extremely high in the plant chlorophyll. It has a power to neutralise heavy metals, pesticides and chemicals. This speeds up the cleaning process. It also improves the production of the bile. It a substance that filters wastes from blood and organs.
- Try consuming green leafy vegetables such as spinach, green dandelions, bitter gourd and chicory regularly.
- You can have them raw, or can prepare fresh green soup, juice as well.
6.) Avocados to Cleanse the Liver
The term superfoods are especially derived for this amazing fruit that is also known to be a vegetable. It is packed with all the essential nutrients and properties that helps to detoxify the toxins and carcinogens from the body. Moreover, it is one of the low carb fruits thus it is good to reduce weight also.
- Have it in the raw form or prepare a smoothie of it.
- You can also prepare a nice fruit salad with avocado as well.
7.) Apples to Flush Out Toxins
Who doesn’t know “an apple a day keeps a doctor away”. Well this super fruit is packed with the pectin and chemical constituent that cleanse the liver and the entire body. It removes the toxins from the digestive system makes it easier for the liver to hold the toxic load during the cleansing process.
- Eat an apple regularly.
- You can prepare apply smoothie or fresh apple juice as well.
- Include apple in detox diet.
8.) Olive Oil to Cleanse the Liver
Olive oil is great for liver, if used in the moderation. It provides the lipid base to the body that helps to remove all the toxins and carcinogens from the body. In this it takes the off the burdon of toxic from the process and speeds up the cleaning process. Apart from olive oil, a cold compressed flax seeds oil is also good for the health. Thus it helps to detox your body.
- Use cold compressed organic olive oil in the moderating.
- You can also have a fresh olive to detoxify the liver.
9.) Grains to Detoxify the Liver
Next in the list of foods to cleanse the liver are grains. The alternative grains such as millet, buckwheat and quinoa are very good for the health. So, substitute the wholegrains grains with the grains listed above. It is found that grains that contains gluten promotes the cleaning process.
- Consume grains that have grains
- Avoid fast food, it will hamper the cleansing process.
10.) Cruciferous Vegetables to Cleanse the Liver
Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli boost the amount of the glycosylate in our body, that helps in the enzyme production in the liver. The natural enzymes aids detoxification since they remove the toxins and carcinogens out from the body which also reduces the risk of the cancer.
- Consume broccoli and cauliflower at alternative days.
- You can have fresh green juice or salad as well.
11.) Limes and Lemons to Detoxify the Liver
Limes and lemons are rich source of the vitamin C. The same vitamin helps aids in synthesing the toxic materials in the substance that could be absorbed by the water easily. It removes all the toxins from the body and helps to cleanse the liver.
- Drink a glass of fresh lime or lemon juice early in the morning.
- You can also prepare detox drink also.
- Do not add any sweater in the juice. This is good to reduce weight also.
12.) Walnuts to Cleanse the Liver
Walnuts are good source of the amino acid arginine that aids cleansing of liver. It detoxifies the ammonia from the body. Moreover, they are high in the glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids that encourages liver cleansing process. Moreover, walnuts are good for skin as well. However, do not eat walnuts in high quantity.
- Chew walnuts nicely until they are liquefied before swallowing them.
- You can also add walnuts into the brownie and smoothies for an added benefit.
13.) Cabbage to Detoxify the Liver
Another food that helps to cleanse the liver is cabbage. Like cauliflower and broccoli, cabbage also helps to stimulates the enzymes present in the liver that removes the toxins from the liver and body. Moreover, it is good for overall health.
- Eat coleslaw, kimchi and sauerkraut. These all are probiotics high food that are prepared from the cabbage.
- You should also use leaves of the cabbage in your favorite salad.
14.) Turmeric to Remove Toxins
Turmeric has medicinal properties that helps to keep all the health-related problems at the bay. Moreover, it aids detoxifying process as well. It takes a good care of the liver and reduces the risk of cancer well.
- Add a pinch of turmeric in curries while preparing them.
- Or, simply a mix a pinch of the turmeric in a glass of warm milk and drink it regularly before going to the bed.
15.) Tomatoes to Cleanse the liver
First tomatoes are rich source of the vitamin C and have beta-carotene, that supports the cleansing process. Moreover, tomatoes have glutathione which is known to be a great detoxifir. Also, it has lycopene that protects against lung cancer and breast cancer.
- Consume tomato juice.
- You can add this vegetable in your salad as well.
- P.S- Remove seeds from the tomato before having them.
Ways to Cleanse the Liver:
1.) Avoid Food that Damage Liver
Foods that have preservatives, cholesterol, fats and are processed are not good for the liver. They might clog the liver with the fat residue. Specifically, avoid fast foods, that are deep fried or once which have preservatives such as sausage, corned beef and bacon. In addition to this, do not consume fatty red meats, processed foods. Also, do not add artificial sweeteners in your food.
2.) Distress yourself to Cleanse the Liver
This might not come as remedy to cleanse the liver but it is very important in order to flush out all the toxins from the body. According to a study, stress conditions releases endorphins and hormones in the blood stream that deposits the toxins in the liver. Therefore, it is very important to distress yourself. To eliminate stress, you can consider meditation and yoga.
3.) Use an Air Purifier
The more toxins will be present in the air the more toxins your body will have adhere so it’s best to filer the toxins and thus the air purifier comedy handy. It removes all the toxins present in the body and prevent the toxins from entering in the body. Moreover, they keep the allergies all at the bay. If you have small kid and old people at home, then you must get an air purifier for your home since both the ages are vulnerable to health problems.
4.) Exercise Regularly to Cleanse the Liver
In order to remove all the toxins from the body it is very important to exercise regularly. It will help to flush out the impurities and toxins from the body that could be harmful to you. It improves the functioning of the enzymes in the liver that will in turn promotes the detoxification. In addition to this, exercise keeps your body fit active and it also helps to distress your body.
5.) Drink Plenty of Water to Cleanse the Liver
This is one of the ideal remedy to cleanse the liver. Water flushes out the toxins and carcinogens from the body. It also boosts the production of the enzymes that helps in detoxifying the body and liver. Moreover, it is good for overall health and skin as well. So, try to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.