A blister is considered as a small pocket of lymph that forms on the upper layer of the skin. Cold sores also known as fever blisters are caused due to the virus known as herpes simplex type 1 virus. It could also be caused due to any infection, burning, freezing, friction, stress and hormonal changes. Moreover, they are prime symptoms of many diseases as well. There are mainly caused on the cheeks, thumb, lips and anywhere. There are many over the counter medicines to treat cold sores but nothing could as effective home remedies. Read more to know home remedies fever blister.
Symptoms of Fever Blisters:
Here are Best Home Remedies for Fever Blister:
- Here are Best Home Remedies for Fever Blister:
- 1.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Fever Blister
- 2.) Cold Compress for Fever Blister Treatment
- 3.) Whole Milk to Treat Fever Blisters
- 4.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Cure Cold Sores
- 5.) Aloe Vera as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 6.) Yogurt for Cold Sores Treatment
- 7.) Baking Soda for Cold Sores Treatment
- 8.) Hazel Witch to Cure the Cold Sores
- 9.) Turmeric for Fever Blister Treatment
- 10.) Common Salt for Cold Sore Treatment
- 11.) Treat Fever Blisters with Garlic
- 12.) Licorice for Fever Blister Treatment
- 13.) Black Tea to Cure Fever Blister
- 14.) Toothpaste to Cure Fever Blisters
- 15.) Lemon Balm Tea to Treat Cold Sores
1.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Fever Blister
Tea tree oil is one of the best home remedies for fever blister. All thanks to its kind properties that helps to treat the blisters also known as cold sores. Mainly tea tree oil has antiviral and anti-fungal properties that comes handy to treat the blisters that are generally caused by the herpes simplex type 1 virus.
- In a small bowl mix one part of tea tree oil with three parts of the water.
- Dip the cotton swab in this solution and dab it over the affected area. Do this regularly to treat fever blisters.
- Alternatively, you can add some olive oil into the tea tree oil for the added benefits. This combination will speed up the healing process. You can also mix some eucalyptus oil in this mixture. Apply this combination of oils on the fever blisters 2-3 times a day regularly.
- P.S- Tea tree oil is quite strong so do not use it alone. Make sure you dilute with water or any oil before using it.
2.) Cold Compress for Fever Blister Treatment
If you are unable to find any remedy, then simply wrap some ice cubes into the washcloth and press it over the affected area. Or you can simply use a cold compress. This will immediately numb the area and reduce the pain and other symptoms of the cold sores that are redness and swelling. Moreover, it won’t let the condition spread.
- For this get a cold compress from a market or use a bag of cold veggies instead.
- If you do not find none of the things than simply make a cold compress at home. Wrap some ice cubes in the washcloth.
- Place the cold compress on the infected area. Leave it on for a few minutes.
3.) Whole Milk to Treat Fever Blisters
Another home remedy that will definitely help you to cure fever blister is whole milk. It is rich source of calcium and has immunoglobins that inhibits the growth of the virus that causes cold sores. In addition to this it contains a fat called monocarpic that has antiviral properties. It speeds up the healing process.
- Dip a cotton swab into the cold whole milk and dab it over the cold sore. Leave it on for a few minutes. The cold milk will work like pain killer. Apply this regularly a few times a day until you get satisfactory results.
- Additionally, mix a pinch of turmeric in a glass of warm whole milk and drink it before hitting the sack. Turmeric has medicinal properties that helps to speed up the healing process.
4.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Cure Cold Sores
Hydrogen peroxide is one of the best home remedies for fever blister. It is a natural disinfectant thus it inhibits the growth of the bacteria and virus that leads cold sores also known fever blister. The virus thrives the moisture which worsens the conditions, the hydrogen peroxide makes the reflected area dry and remove excess of moisture.
- Soak a cotton swab into the 3% of hydrogen peroxide solution and gently dab it over the affected area. Leave the cotton ball there for a 7-8 minute. After the due time rinse the area with warm water and pat it dry.
- Also, you can add some ground aspirins in a teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Spread this paste on the fever blisters with cotton swab. Leave it on for a few minutes. Then rinse the area with the Luke warm water. Do this regularly until you get rid of the cold sores from the root.
5.) Aloe Vera as a Remedy for Fever Blister
Name a single health, skin or hair problem that could not be treated with Aloe Vera. It is that effective. All thanks to its antibacterial properties and natural healing powers that makes it one of the best home remedies for fever blisters. In addition to this, it speeds up the healing process and cures the inflammation, redness and swelling associated with the fever blisters.
- Rip off an Aloe Leaf and get gel out of it.
- Spread this natural gel over the affected area. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it with the Luke warm water.
- Apply this gel regularly, two times a day until you get satisfactory results.
6.) Yogurt for Cold Sores Treatment
Yogurt is definitely one of the best home remedies for cold sores. It has lysine that inhibits the growth of the virus that causes the cold sores. Moreover, it has natural enzymes which caters your problems.
- Apply some yogurt on the affected area. Leave it on for some time and then rimes the area.
- Alternatively, prepare a mask of the yogurt and egg and apply it on the affected area. This mask is good for overall health of the skin as well.
7.) Baking Soda for Cold Sores Treatment
Baking soda is one of the potent remedies for fever blisters. It is packed with the antibacterial and antiviral properties that inhibits the growth of the bacteria that leads to the cold sores and eventually it treats the problems as well. Generally, the virus thrives moisture around that spreads the bacteria, baking soda rips off the excess moisture and keeps the area dry and away from the infection.
- In a small bowl mix a teaspoon of baking soda with water to get a thick paste. Apply this paste over the cold sores directly.
- Alternatively, you can mix a tablespoon of the Aloe Vera gel to the baking soda before applying it. Many a times baking soda overdrives, so Aloe gel will take care of that.
8.) Hazel Witch to Cure the Cold Sores
Hazel witch is a natural astringent and disinfectant. It curbs the problematic area and speeds up the healing process. Moreover, it has anti-bacterial and antiviral properties that adds on its benefits list.
- Pour a few drops of the hazel witch on the cotton swab and dab it over the cold sores directly.
- Initially you will experience some tingling, but do not panic that is quite common.
- However, do not use it in the access.
9.) Turmeric for Fever Blister Treatment
Turmeric is one of the best home remedies for blisters. It has medicinal and therapeutic properties that helps to relieve the pain, swelling and redness that are the key symptoms of fever blister. It addition, it speeds up the healing process. It is an all rounder household remedy that could be used to treat multiple health problems.
- In a small bowl mix a pinch of the turmeric and a teaspoon of the Aloe Vera gel.
- Apply this paste directly on the affected area.
- Apply it regularly until the cold sores have gone completely.
- Additionally, mix teaspoon full of turmeric in warm water and drink it before going to the bed in order to treat blisters.
10.) Common Salt for Cold Sore Treatment
Common salt is another remedy for cold sores. It has all the essential properties and powers that helps to heal the problems. It stops the growth of the virus and bacteria and prevent the infection from spreading further.
- In a small bowl mix a teaspoon of coconut oil and a pinch of the common salt in it.
- Apply this mixture over the cold sores. Leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it with cold water.
- Do this regularly to get rid of cold sores.
11.) Treat Fever Blisters with Garlic
Garlic is one of the possible remedies that has power to treat all most all health-related problems be it indigestion, acid reflux or cold sores. It is packed with healing properties that helps to curb the problem as soon as possible. An enzyme present in the garlic act as an antiviral agent that cures the blusters. In addition to this it has antibacterial properties that fight against the bacteria and speeds up the healing process.
- Crush a few cloves of the garlic. Apply it directly over the cold sores. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse the area.
- Alternatively, consuming a clove of garlic early in the morning with empty stomach is the holistic remedy for all types of health problems.
12.) Licorice for Fever Blister Treatment
Licorice is known for its anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties that helps to heal the cold sores. In addition to this, it contains an ingredient known as glycyrrhizin that accelerates the healing process. It reduces the inflammation, redness and swelling associated with the fever blisters.
- Take some licorice, and crush them into a powder. Mix a tablespoon of licorice powder with one and half teaspoon of the water, to make a paste. Dip a cotton ball into this this paste and dab it over the cold sores. Leave it on overnight. Apply this paste regularly until the cold sore has been treated completely.
- Alternatively, you can have licorice supplements that are easily available in the drug store. A cup of licorice tea will also do wonders.
13.) Black Tea to Cure Fever Blister
Black tea is one of the best home remedies for fever blisters. It has a tannic acid and anti-viral properties that helps in the cold sores treatment. In addition to this, it is natural astringent and is a good source of the antioxidants and vitamins that improves the healing process.
- In a cup of warm water place a tea bag. It could be green tea bag or black tea bag. Leave it for a minute and then remove it and store it at the room temperature to get it cool enough. Then press this tea bag over the affected area for a couple of minutes.
- Do this regularly to get rid of the fever blisters.
- Alternatively, drink a cup of black or green tea twice a day to treat cold sores.
14.) Toothpaste to Cure Fever Blisters
If you are unable to find any of the above listed remedies, then simply get your hands on to the white toothpaste. A toothpaste has all the beneficial ingredients such as baking soda, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide and menthol that helps to get rid of cold sores. It dries the cold sores. Moreover, it contains sodium lauryl sulphate that shrinks the size of the blisters.
- Take a pea size toothpaste on your forefinger and spread it directly on the cold sores. Leave it on for a few hours. Rinse the area and then apply some petroleum jelly over it. Do this regularly until you get satisfactory results.
- Alternatively, mix one and half tablespoon of salt and a teaspoon of toothpaste altogether and apply it on the fever blisters before hitting the sack. Rinse it with the Luke warm water next morning.
15.) Lemon Balm Tea to Treat Cold Sores
This is one of the best home remedies for cold sores. This natural balm has lemon and green tea that are rich source of antioxidants and vitamin C that helps to curb the problem as soon as soon.
- In a small bowl pour a table spoon of warm water, place green tea bag in it and add a few drops of lemon into it.
- Leave it for a minute.
- Remove the tea bag from it.
- Dip a cotton ball in this solution and apply it on the cold sores.
- Repeat this regularly for cold sores treatment.