There are various reasons behind mouse infestation. You may find these small rodents entering your home through holes, foundations, and floors. It is not easy to recognize mouse infestation in your home till you notice this rodent roaming in your home. Once they entered into your premises, then they may simply make your life hell. Well, it is not a good option to kill these rodents to get rid of them. When they die they leave a foul smell. It is better to catch them and leave them away from your home. This article is going to guide you about homemade mouse trap to catch a mouse.
Signs of Mouse Infestation:
Here are few signs that you may notice due to a mouse infestation. These are very common signals that you will see when the mouse enters your house. Some of them are as follows:
You will notice droppings, rodent sightings, gnawed plastic tracks or furniture. The house mouse also emits musky odors. You may smell the odor at times. The homeowners may also identify the nesting areas at their homes. These mouse nests are also made from shredded fibers and few other found materials. They are very common in the areas like shoeboxes and storage crates.
Homemade Mouse Trap to Catch a Mouse:
Here are few simple ways that you may follow to make a homemade mouse trap to catch a mouse. Just follow them sincerely to trap a mouse.
1.) Prepare Bucket & Spoons Mouse Trap:
It is a very easy and simple solution to catch a mouse. All the ingredients you require to prepare this homemade mouse trap are a large bucket, some peanut butter, and a spoon. To prepare this trap, just follow these steps:
- Apply some peanut butter on the handle of the spoon. This will act as a bait for the mouse. They will be attracted towards the smell of peanut butter.
- Now balance this spoon on the counterpart. Also, place a bucket beneath it.
- You will see that mouse will come to consume peanut butter, but they will fall into the bucket along with the spoon.
- It is a great homemade mouse trap to catch a mouse.
2.) Make Homemade Mouse Trap with Recycled Bottle:
You may prepare homemade mouse trap with recycled bottle easily. To prepare it, just follow these steps:
Ingredients You Need to Prepare this Trap:
- A 1.25L or larger soda or a water bottle
- Craft knife
Tips to Prepare this Mouse Trap:
- Just cut the neck of the bottle. You may make a threaded section by cutting about 1 inch of threaded section. Also, make an another cut, just 2 inches down the cut you made. In addition, just keep the two large pieces with you as they will be used for the trap.
- Take the smaller top section of the bottle and cut them down about 1 inch long. Just starting from the end you may remove the thread. Also, make cuts at the diagonals.
- The entrance should be non-returning. Also, apply tape around the rim of the funnel. Also, insert funnel at the bottom. At last, just fold the tape over the edge and seal it. You may add more tape as well to secure it.
- Now, place this homemade mouse trap in your home to catch a mouse.
3.) Prepare Humane Mouse Trap:
To prepare this mouse trap you require, the following ingredients:
- Empty soup or soda can
- Metal wire
- Peanut butter
- Wood beam or plank
How to Prepare this Homemade Mouse Trap to Catch a Mouse?
To prepare this homemade mouse trap, you need to follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Take a can and remove the lid. Now, drill a hole into the opposite end. You may also poke a hole with the help of a screwdriver.
Step 2: To make an effective trap, you need a bucket that is larger in size. This bucket must also be able to catch a mouse properly. To catch a mouse in a better way, you may simply apply oil or any greasy substance on the surface of the bucket. Also, rim a bucket and drill two holes on it.
Step 3: Now take a thin steel wire and hooked it with the drilled bucket hole. Also, move the can along the wire so it can be placed in the middle of the bucket. You should be sure that you can spin it easily. Apply peanut butter and prepare a bait to trap a mouse.
How Do Mouse Traps Work?
You may find a variety of mouse traps that can be used to catch a mouse. The basic concept of catching a mouse is to offer them bait. They will be attracted towards the food and ultimately they will be trapped.
The most basic mouse traps were traditional snap traps that were commercially used to catch the mouse. These traps were placed on the path where mouse travels. Even today you may find it in the market to trap the mouse.
Other traps that were used on vast levels were glue trap and live-catch up traps.
Other Ways to Prevent a Mouse from Entering:
Here are few other ways that you may follow to prevent a mouse from entering.
- Keep a pet like a cat. They are the best way to prevent the mouse from entering your house.
- Place mouse repellents like mothballs, bay leaves, and mint in different parts of your house to repel mouse from entering your home.
- You may also set few mouse traps to prevent the mouse from entering your house.
So, follow these easy ways to capture a mouse by using a homemade mouse trap. It is very easy to make homemade mouse trap to catch a mouse. You can easily capture these mouse by using these simple ways.