Flu also known as influenza is one of the common health problems among children and adults. The infection effects the upper respiratory system that includes lungs, nose and throat. According to research conducted in US, Influenza has become a fatal diseases that might lead to death if not treated before handily. So, the crux of the research is, you should look for the remedies as soon as you experience the symptoms of the flu. Moreover, it is contagious, it spreads from one person to other so avoid contact with people who are dealing the flu. Also, do not use their essentials. Read more, to know remedies to get rid of influenza.
Symptoms of Flu:
- Runny nose
- Strep throat
- Sore throat
- High fever
- Dry cough
- Loss of appetite
Causes of Flue:
- Spreads from one person to the other.
- It is quite common in winters
- Inhaling a virus
Remedies to Get Rid of Flu:
- Remedies to Get Rid of Flu:
- 1.) Honey to Get Rid of Flu Naturally
- 2.) Ginger to Cure Flu Fast
- 3.) Lemon to Treat Flu
- 4.) Get Rid of Flu with Peppermint Naturally
- 5.) Garlic for Flu Treatment
- 6.) Steam for Flu Treatment
- 7.) Fenugreek Seeds to Get Rid of Flu Fast
- 8.) Chicken Soup to Get Rid of Flu Naturally
- 9.) Get Rid of Flu with Mustard
- 10.) Orange Juice for Flu Treatment
- 11.) Salt Water Spray for Flu Treatment
- 12.) Oregano Oil to Cure Flu Fast
- 13.) Consume Infection Fighting Foods to Cure Flu
- 12.) Decongestant Spray to Relieve Flu Fast
- 15.) Rest to Get Rid of Flu Naturally
1.) Honey to Get Rid of Flu Naturally
First in our list of remedies to get rid of flu is our one and only honey. It is probably of the best home remedies for similar health problems such as fever, tonsillitis and runny nose, etc. Honey helps to treat the symptoms of the flu head ache, dry cough and sore throat. Moreover, it boosts the immune system. In addition to this, it is packed with the antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that further speed up the healing process.
- Gulp a tablespoon of honey along with the glass of the Luke warm water several times a day regularly for flu treatment. For added benefits, you can add a few drops of lemon juice in water. This will improve the mucus inflow and treat the itchiness and irritation caused in the throat.
- Alternatively, in a bowl mix equal parts onion juice and honey. Have this mixture 3-4 times a day to cure flu.
- Also, you can prepare an herbal tea with warm water, basil leaves and honey. Sip this this tea many times a day to treat influenza.
2.) Ginger to Cure Flu Fast
Another household ingredient that act as a wonderful remedy for flu or influenza is ginger. It has anti-inflammatory properties that helps to reduce the inflammation. Moreover, it has warming nature that soothes the condition. In addition to this, it boosts the immune system and inhibits the of the virus that leads flu.
- Prepare an herbal ginger tea. In a cup of boiling water add one and a half teaspoon of the grated ginger. Leave it too steep for a while. After a few minutes strain the solution and sip n the tea.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a concoction of the grated ginger root, bayberry bark and cayenne powder. Add this mixture into a cup of boiling water, Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Leave it too steep for a while, then strain the solution and sip on the concoction. Drink this concoction 2-3 times a day to cure flu.
- Or, simply grate a clove of the ginger and sprinkle black pepper over it and lick it. You can also add ginger powder in your broths and soup to speed up the recovery.
3.) Lemon to Treat Flu
Another household ingredients that can be used to treat numerous health conditions including flu is lemon. Lemon is packed with the anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties that helps to cure all symptoms of flu. Moreover, it is a great source of the vitamin C that will help to cure the weakness and provide the needed nutrient to the body.
- In a glass of water squeeze a lemon. Drink this several times a day to reduce the symptoms.
- Alternatively, in a cup of water add, a tablespoon of honey, lemon juice and rum. Mix these ingredients thoroughly and drink this two times a day to cure flu.
4.) Get Rid of Flu with Peppermint Naturally
How can we forget to add this amazing herb in our list of remedies to get rid of flu? Peppermint is a one-man army, that means it is alone enough to treat the flue and similar health problems. It is packed with the nutrients that helps to beat the infection. And it has menthol that acts as expectorant, which helps to cure cough, congestion and runny nose.
- Prepare a soothing herbal tea with hot water and peppermint leaves. Drink this several times a day to cure flu and associated health problems.
- Alternatively, you can drink green tea with peppermint variant.
- Or, simply, add peppermint leaves in salad, broths and soups.
- You can also use peppermint leaves or peppermint oil for steam
5.) Garlic for Flu Treatment
Next in our list of remedies to get rid of flu is garlic. All thanks to the healing properties that it possesses. These properties help to curb many health-related problems like flu. Talking about it properties, it has anti-fungal, antibacterial, antiseptic and antiviral properties. Moreover, it has a compound known as allicin that strengthens the immune system and helps to curb the symptoms of influenza.
- In a cup of water add a fresh slice of the garlic. Cover the cup and leave it too steep for a while. After some time strain the solution and drink this several times a day.
- Alternatively, chew a clove of garlic every early morning. This will help to prevent all stomach and other health problems as well.
- You can chew it many times a day during flu.
6.) Steam for Flu Treatment
This is one of the effective remedies to get rid of flu. Steam helps to curb the congestion, and loosens the mucus and makes it easy to flush out, and also you are able to swallow the food properly. Moreover, it is perfect remedy for cold and cough as well.
- In a large bowl, pour hot water, add a few drops of essential oils like lavender and thymine and Vicks for added benefits. Take a towel and cover your head and bowl nicely. Bow your head down and inhale the steam. Continue this until the water cools down.
- Alternatively, you can switch on the hot shower and enjoy it for a few minutes. This will relax your entire body and help to curb the body or muscle pain as well. For added benefits you can spray essential oils in your bathroom.
- Alternatively, drink lukewarm water throughout the day until the flu gets recover.
7.) Fenugreek Seeds to Get Rid of Flu Fast
Fenugreek is also one of the best household ingredients to get rid of flu. It is packed with numerous medicinal properties that works as an herbal remedy for flu. Moreover, it has antiviral property that inhibits the growth of the virus that causes flu or influenza.
- In a half glass of boiling water add less than one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds. Boil it until the water is reduces. Then strain the solution. Pour it in a cup and add some ginger juice to it. Leave it at room temperature to get it cool so that you can drink it. Make sure it is neither too hot nor cold while drinking. The warmth of this concoction will relief the inflammation and itching in the throat.
- Or, in a glass of water a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and leave it for a night. Strain the seeds next morning and heat the water. Use the warm water to gargle 2-3 times a day. This will help to cure sore throat.
8.) Chicken Soup to Get Rid of Flu Naturally
This is a wonderful remedy for flu for all the non -vegetarians find hard to survive during the influenza. The warmth of the soup, soothes soreness in the throat. Moreover, according to the various research it has been found that chicken soup inhibits the production of the virus and inflammatory compounds that assay the infection.
- Sip on a hot homemade chicken soup during the infection.
- For added benefits you can add some garlic. Ginger and onion to it.
- If you cannot prepare soup at home, you can have the canned one also. However, homemade soup is much effective.
9.) Get Rid of Flu with Mustard
Not many know how much mustard is effective. Mustard is packed with some healing properties such as anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that helps to curb the symptoms of the flu. It speeds up the healing process and give a quick recovery.
- In a bowl mix a tablespoon of dry mustard, a few tablespoons of flour, egg white and some water for a nice consistency. Wrap this mixture or paste in a muslin cloth. Tie the muslin cloth. Take some warm olive oil and spread onto your chest then dab the muslin cloth contain mixture of mustard seeds on your chest. Leave it on for a few minutes. Remove it after some time and rinse your chest with warm water. This is great remedy for congestion, runny nose and stuffy nose.
- Alternatively, in bucket pour warm water and a tablespoon of mustard seeds into it. Dip your feet in it. This will help to improve the blood circulation that fortunately helps in the flu treatment. Do this at least two times a day to cure influenza.
10.) Orange Juice for Flu Treatment
During the infection, many of you avoid drinking enough of water which can lead to dehydration. To curb the dehydration you should drink plenty of fluids like coconut water, green tea and lemon juice. Lemon juice is packed with vitamin C that aids the infection and provides the important nutrients to the body. Moreover, it also promoters the mucus secretion. Also, it, promotes the production of the blood cells that keeps the virus caused flu away and helps to speed up the healing process.
- Fresh a fresh glass of lemon juice.
- For added benefits you can add a teaspoon of honey to it.
11.) Salt Water Spray for Flu Treatment
Salt water helps in thinning the mucus that helps to treat the sore throat, inflammation and itching in the throat. Moreover, it helps to relieve the nasal congestion. It also helps to remove all the impurities and the bacteria from the nose that leads to the infection.
- Use the salt water spray to rinse your nose.
- You can prepare it at home or can buy it from the drug store as well.
12.) Oregano Oil to Cure Flu Fast
This essential herb is scientifically proven effective to treat flu and related health problems like ear ache and sore throat, etc. It is packed with all the essential properties such antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral that inhibits the growth of virus that causes influenza. It also speeds the process of recovery.
- You can spray a few drops of oregano oil in steam.
- Or simply add it on your food while preparing them
13.) Consume Infection Fighting Foods to Cure Flu
During the flu try to consume the veggies and fruits that helps to heal the infection. Fruits such bananas, orange and blue berries are good to eat. These fruits are rich source of the antioxidants and potassium that helps to curb the infection quickly. Vegetables like peppers, carrots, horseradish can also help to get rid of flu. In addition to this you must consume chilli peppers and mustard. It better to include these foods in your diet in order to prevent the health-related problems such as flue.
12.) Decongestant Spray to Relieve Flu Fast
This remedy will give you quick recovery. It helps to treat, stuffy and nose and swelling in the throat. It is safe for the kids as well. You can use it 2-3 times a day to get rid of flu and congestion.
15.) Rest to Get Rid of Flu Naturally
No remedy will work to treat flu until you will take sufficient rest. While resting, your body will get back the lost energy and thus you will not feel week. If it is winter, make your room warm, sit back on your couch or simply lay on your bed. For added benefits you can place a humidifier in your room and spray some essential oils like lavender or peppermint that will help to sooth the condition further. Moreover, eat light and warm food to get rid of flu.