In this article, we will tell you how to lose weight in your face. A fatty face can be less attractive than a slim and lean face. If fat gets accumulated in our face especially in your cheeks and chin areas, we then call it face fat. Excess weight in your face can cause you to develop a double chin and chubby cheeks, if left unnoticed. It is the indication of your body to tell you that you are becoming obese. An increased weight in your face can destroy your looks. You always want to have a slimmer, sexier and thinner overall face. A toned jawline and trimmed cheekbones can define your look beautifully. Apart from this, your face becomes heavier after applying make-up. Losing fat from a specific area is quite tough and requires a great effort. Fortunately, we have come up with various home remedies to help you lose weight in your face.
Reasons Behind Increased Weight in Your Face:
1) Increased Body Weight
If your body weight has increased to many folds then it is obvious that there will be fat accumulation in your face. Overeating and bad food habits can make you obese and leads to unwanted weight gain. Some people gain weight due to genetic factors and they have an inherited tendency towards fat storage. Hence, some people tend to get fatter than their counterparts. Limited physical activity is another important factor for your increased body weight. This increased weight results you to develop chubby cheeks and double chin.
2) Health-Related Problems
Some of the health-related problems that can cause fat storage are Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Hypothyroidism and Cushing’s Syndrome. In these health conditions, person tends to gain weight due to dysfunctioning of internal organs. This leads to excess fat storage in your face area.
Effective Ways to Lose Weight in Your Face:
1) Dietary Changes to Lose Weight in Your Face
Some important dietary changes to your diet can help you cut down the extra calorie intake. You can show a great sense of commitment and dedication to take your face back in shape. This is surely be helpful in reducing your body weight including the increased weight in your face.
- Salty food should strictly be avoided. Too much of salt content in the body can make you look bloated. Salt increases the water retaining capacity of the body.
- Avoid alcohol to keep your face in shape. Alcohol can dehydrate your body which can cause facial puffiness.
- Avoid intake of high calorie food and drinks such as desserts, jellies, biscuits, cakes, sweetened juices, burgers, fries, pizzas, etc. Try to include lots of fruits and vegetables to your diet. These are full of vitamins, fiber and minerals.
- Besides fruits and vegetables you can have whole grain food such as oatmeal, barley or quinoa, flax seeds, etc. These high-fiber foods will help you cutting down overall calorie intake and makes you feel fuller for a longer period of time. At the same time your body will get enough time to absorb nutrients.
- You should try to increase your protein intake too. Foods such as eggs, legumes, tofu, soya beans, seafood, fish, poultry, etc. are rich in protein content.
2) Simple Face Exercises to Lose Weight in Your Face
There are various exercises which are specifically crafted for trimming and leaning down your face. It is a bit lengthy process. You just need to keep yourself motivated until you get the required result. Your hardwork will definitely going to pay you so keep yourself focused. Those exercises which target cheeks and chin area could be taken into consideration and picked up firstly.
- Say ‘X’ and ‘O’. Repeat it 20-30 times in a repetitive manner. This simple exercise can tone up your facial muscles.
- Cheek Puff Exercise:Take a deep breath. Hold the air in your mouth. Shift the air from one cheek to another. Keep repeating it 10-12 times with a medium pace. This simple exercise is helpful in toning and strengthening your facial muscles.
- Fish Face Exercise:You can grab your cheeks between your teeth to make a fish like face. Now, try smiling. It can burn your face fat and can tone the face muscles. Repeat it 10 times.
- Chew Gum:Put a chewing gum in your mouth and start chewing it. No additional effort required. It is one of the simplest and effective exercises for strengthening jaw and neck muscle. But keep in mind that the sugar content in the gum should be low or gum should be sugar-free so that you can avoid extra calories.
- Blowing Air Exercise:You may try blowing air from your mouth slowly to cut down your face fat. It will help your cheeks, jaws and neck to get in shape. For this, you need to sit on a chair keeping your back straight. Inhale and fill your mouth with air. Hold it in your mouth. Turn your head upwards. Then slowly blow out the air from your mouth. Repeat it 10 times.
- Jaw and Mouth Stretching:Stand with your spine erect. Pull your lips upwards just to tighten the tendons of your jaw while keeping corners of the mouth downwards. It is just like frowning. Hold on to this position for around 8-10 seconds and then relax. Repeat it 10 times.
- Pucker Your Lips:You can pucker your lips for 4-5 seconds to strengthen your neck and facial muscles. For this, stand still. You can pucker your lips upwards facing towards the ceiling. Keep looking to the ceiling for 5 seconds. Repeat it 10 times.
- Take up other cardiovascular exercises too. Jumping, running, swimming,jogging, biking, etc. can help you get rid of excess fat. This will help in cutting down whole body fat and in turn you can lose weight in your face.
3) Go to Bed on Time to Lose Weight in Your Face
In order to get a toned and sleek face you need to sleep for 6-8 hours a day. You should try to maintain a fixed routine and go to bed on that time daily. Sleeping for adequate hours is essential for your body. It helps regulating your biological clock and hormone levels.
4) Drink Water to Lose Weight in Your Face
If you are keeping yourself dehydrated then you may look bloated. It happens because of the fact that your body will start conserving water to tackle the fluid loss. You need to stay hydrated as much as possible. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. Hydrated skin tends to maintain its firmness for longer period and you can avoid facial puffiness. Indeed, it is one of the simplest ways to lose weight in your face.
5) Check Your Medication to Lose Weight in Your Face
Some medications can be the biggest hurdle in your way to get a sleek and toned face. These medications can lead to water retention in your body. These over-the-counter medicines can cause facial puffiness. You can talk to your doctor about it and can go for some alternate options.