Indigestion, acid reflux and heartburn are common health conditions that can knock your door any time. Such conditions are caused when the digestive juices are not secreted properly in the stomach. That could be due to the overeating, eating of too much spices or eating after a fast. Indigestion can lead to vomiting, burning sensation in the stomach and bloating as well. It is not a severe problem and can be easily curated by the household ingredients. Read more to known home remedies for indigestion.
Causes of Indigestion:
- Eating spicy and fatty foods in the access
- Skipping meals
- Stomach infection
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Symptoms of Indigestion:
- Stomach enlarge
- Acid reflux
- Pain in abdominal area
Best Home Remedies for Indigestion:
- Best Home Remedies for Indigestion:
- 1.) Treat Indigestion with Baking Soda
- 2.) Ginger to Cure Acid Reflux
- 3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Indigestion
- 4.) Fennel Seeds to Treat Indigestion Naturally
- 5.) Carom Seeds for Indigestion Treatment
- 6.) Herbal Tea to Cure Indigestion
- 7.) Cumin Seeds to Treat Indigestion
- 8.) Mustard Seeds Remedy for Indigestion
- 9.) Chew Gum for Indigestion Treatment
- 10.) Coriander to Cure Indigestion
- 11.) Basil Leaves for Indigestion Treatment
- 12.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Indigestion
- 13.) Aloe Juice to Cure Indigestion
- 14.) Banana to Get Rid of Indigestion
- 15.) Drink Water to Cure Indigestion
1.) Treat Indigestion with Baking Soda
Baking soda is a kitchen staple that is, regarded as one of the best home remedies for indigestion, stomach related problems skin condition like acne, pimple, razor bumps, etc. Talking about the indigestion, it is mainly caused due to the high level of stomach acid and since baking is a natural antacid thus it is a best cure for indigestion.
- In a glass of water, add one and half tea spoon of the baking soda.
- Stir the solution and consume it.
- Drink this solution 2-3 times a day.
2.) Ginger to Cure Acid Reflux
Next in our list of best home remedies for indigestion is ginger. Gingers promotes the digestion, it stimulates the digestive juices along with enzymes that helps in digestion. It is best remedy to cure the indigestion especially if it is caused due to the overeating.
- Extract some juice from ginger. In a glass, mix two teaspoons of ginger juice, a teaspoon of lemon juice with a pinch of salt thoroughly. You can drink this solution along with water or without water as well.
- Additionally, in a cup of warm water mix a tablespoon of honey and ginger juice. Drink this concoction to treat the indigestion.
- Or simply prepare a ginger tea. In a cup of warm water, add some crushed ginger. Cover the cup and leave it to steep for a while. After a while strain the water, add some honey to it and sip it on. This is a wonderful cure for stomach ache, period cramp, gas pains and bloating.
- Additionally, add ginger powder in your meal while preparing them.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Indigestion
Apple cider vinegar is a holy grain for multiple stomach related problems that include bloating, acid reflux, heartburn and bloating, etc. All thanks to its acidic nature that helps to curb ingestion and similar stomach problems. In addition to this, it has alkalizing effect that take care for the indigestion.
- In a cup of water, mix a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar.
- For added benefits a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Gulp this solution several times a day to get rid of indigestion.
4.) Fennel Seeds to Treat Indigestion Naturally
Fennel is one of the best home remedies for indigestion and similar problems. This kitchen staple is packed with the volatile oil that helps to control nausea and flatulence. It majorly helps to cure indigestion and acid reflux caused due to fatty and spicy food.
- Take a tablespoon of fennel seeds, first roast then grind them into a mixie. And then sieve the fennel seeds. Gulp one table spoon of the fennel powder with water.
- Alternatively, you can prepare fennel tea. In a cup of hot water, add a two table spoons of fennel and leave it to steep for a while.
- Then strain the water, add a teaspoon of honey to it and sip it on.
- Follow any of the above listed method 2-3 times a day to cure acid reflux.
5.) Carom Seeds for Indigestion Treatment
Bishop’s weed also known as carom seeds is one of the best home remedies for indigestion. It is packed with carminative and digestive properties which helps to get rid of digestion, diarrhea and flatulence as well.
- In a grinder, grind carom seeds and ginger in to a nice powder. Add a table spoon of this powder in a glass of warm water. And drink this a few times a day.
- Or, simply have a teaspoon of carom seeds, 2-3 times a day. This is a nice solution for indigestion.
6.) Herbal Tea to Cure Indigestion
Another remedy in our list of home remedies for indigestion is herbal tea. This tea is infused with all the herbal ingredients that will give you relief from acid reflux in a few minutes only.
- In a cup of hot water, add peppermint leaves and chamomile leaves to it. Cover the cup and leave it to steep for a while.
- After a while add some honey to it and drink this herbal to cure.
- Drink this herbal tea 2-3 times a day.
7.) Cumin Seeds to Treat Indigestion
Cumin seeds has been used to treat digestive problems such as flatulence, nausea, diarrhea and indigestion since long. It helps to secrete the pancreatic enzymes that promotes digestion. Thus, it is one of the best home remedies for indigestion.
- In a glass of water, add a teaspoon powder of roasted cumin seeds and drink this solution.
- Alternatively, you can prepare buttermilk drink. Add a teaspoon of powder of roasted cumin seeds in a glass of buttermilk. Add some black pepper to it and drink this several times a day.
- Drink this regularly to cure indigestion.
8.) Mustard Seeds Remedy for Indigestion
Mustard seeds are also one of the best home remedies for indigestion and acid reflux. It is known to be an alkalizing food that is packed with essential minerals and a weak acid that helps to cure the indigestion. Moreover, it has alkaline properties that adds to the list of its benefits. It neutralizes the acid and take care of the acidity.
- Have teaspoon full of yellow mustard seeds.
- You can also have it along with water.
- Have this once in a day and you will get a relief a few minutes.
9.) Chew Gum for Indigestion Treatment
Yes, you heard that right its chew gum. According to recent research chewing a gum helped a large extent to the people who were have severe heartburn and gastroesophageal symptoms. The gum stimulates the salivary glands that in turn increases the flow of the saliva. The acid that has been built in the gut gets diluted with the saliva. This clears the acid controls the symptoms of the GERD. It is one of the best cure for heartburn and acid reflux as well.
- Try to chew a gum that has ingredients like mint or peppermint.
- Make sure it does not have sugar.
10.) Coriander to Cure Indigestion
Next in our list of home remedies for indigestion is coriander. It is one of the effective spices. It helps to promote the production of digestive enzymes that helps to calm down the stomach.
- In a glass of buttermilk add roasted coriander seeds and drink this 2-3 times a day.
- To control the acidity you can prepare soothing drink. In a cup of buttermilk mix some fresh coriander juice and drink this several times a day to get rid of indigestion.
11.) Basil Leaves for Indigestion Treatment
Basil leaves is one of the best home remedies for indigestion because it is packed with medicinal and carminative properties. These properties helps to get rid of acid reflux and intestinal gas.
- Prepare basil tea. In a cup of hot water, add a few leaves of basil and leave it to steep for a while.
- After a while strain this solution, add a tablespoon of honey to it and drink this tea.
Alternatively, you can add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper powder in a few tablespoons of yogurt. Drink this several times a day.
12.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of Indigestion
Cinnamon is another kitchen staple, that is known to be one of the best home remedies for indigestion. This spice promotes the digestive process and helps to cure bloating and cramps.
- Prepare a herbal tea with cinnamon. In a cup of hot water, add one and half tea spoon of cinnamon powder, steep it for a while and then drink when it is still warm.
- Drink this herbal tea several times a day to cure indigestion.
13.) Aloe Juice to Cure Indigestion
Aloe Vera is one of the best home remedies for not only indigestion in fact, it helps to treat array of health related and skin related problems. It reduces inflammation caused due to the indigestion.
- Prepare a glass of Aloe Vera juice for yourself and drink it cure the digestive related problems.
- For test you can add a pinch of sea salt and sugar it .
- Drink this several times a day to cure indigestion.
14.) Banana to Get Rid of Indigestion
Next remedy in our list of home remedies indigestion is banana. Banana is known to be a natural antacid. It acts as buffer against the acid reflux. You can also have an apple instead. It also works some.
- Have a ripe banana in the morning,
- Have apple instead to cure indigestion.
15.) Drink Water to Cure Indigestion
Water is one of the best home remedies for many health problems and indigestion is no less. It provides relief from the heartburn immidietly. It neutralizes all the acids and promotes the secretion of saliva that helps to wash all the acids. Therefore, it is best cure for indigestion. Drink plenty of water during such problem.
Apart from the above listed remedies consume citrus fruits like lemon, orange, pineapple, etc