Knee pain is a very common problem that occurs due to constant wear and tear of the knee joint. It can be experienced by older adults, young adults, and children. Women are more vulnerable to knee pain than the men. The causes of this for many people comes in the form of arthritis or the inflammation of one of more of your joints. There are two main kinds, rheumatoid and osteo, both of which affect eh joint in different ways. Osteoarthritis happens when the cartilage between the bones wears down, until bone grates on bone. On the other hand rheumatoid is little less straightforward, it is being caused by an autoimmune disorder that causes inflammation of the synovial membrane and which can lead to bone loss. Whichever you experience here are some home remedies for knee pain.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain
- Home Remedies for Knee Pain
- 2.) Cold Compress Reduce Knee Pain
- 3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Knee Pain
- 4.) Cayenne pepper to Cure Knee Pain
- 5.) Turmeric to Treat Knee Pain
- 6.) Lemon to get Rid of Knee Pain
- 7.) Epsom Salt to Treat Knee Pain
- 8.) Mustard Oil to Reduce Knee Oil
- 9.) Eucalyptus oil to Cure Knee Pain
- 10.) Fenugreek Seeds Treat Knee Pain
1.) Ginger to Treat Knee Pain
When the knee pain is due to arthritis, muscle strain or injury, ginger is one of the best home remedies for knee pain. It’s effective comes from the presence of anti-inflammatory compounds in it. it can reduce the swelling and pain on the knee.
- You just simply need to crush a small piece of fresh ginger root. Put them in a cup of water and boil for about 10 minutes. Strain and add a lemon juice and honey in it. Drink two to three cups of this ginger tea solution daily until the pain is gone.
- Or you can massage the affected knee with ginger oil up to two to three times a day until you are satisfied with the result.
2.) Cold Compress Reduce Knee Pain
Applying a cold compress to the knee is one of the best and easiest home remedies to reduce pain and swelling. The cold will constrict the blood vessels and help to reduce the blood flow to the affected area and thus reduce swelling. It will also give you relief from the pain.
- Wrap a few pieces of ice cubes in a thin towel.
- Then apply the compress to the affected knee area for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- So this two to three times a day until your pain is gone.
- You can do this will the help of frozen peas, it will also work well. You can go for alternating hot and cold compress as well for the knee pain.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Knee Pain
Apple cider vinegar is very helpful in reducing pain. It has an alkalizing effect which helps to dissolve mineral build ups and harmful toxins within the knee joint. It also helps to restore the joint lubricants to help to reduce pain and promote mobility. Apple Cider VInegar is one of the best home remedies for knee pain.
- Take two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it with two cups of filtered water. Sip this mixture throughout the day. drink this tonic daily until you get recover completely.
- Or you can add two cups of apple cider vinegar to a bathtub filled with hot water. Soak your affected knee in the water for about half an hour. Use this once a day for a few days to see the positive result.
- You can also use another method, you need to mix together one tablespoon of each olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Use it to massage the affected knee once o twice a day until the pain is gone.
4.) Cayenne pepper to Cure Knee Pain
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin which works like a pain reliever. It has natural analgesic and pain relieving properties that produce a warm sensation and reduce the pain in the affected knee. Cayenne pepper is one of the best home remedies for knee pain.
- You can prepare a mixture by adding two tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder in one-half cup of warm olive oil. Then apply this paste on the affected area twice a day for at least once a week.
- Or you can also mix one-half teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder with one cup of apple cider vinegar. Then soak a clean washcloth in this solution and apply it to the knee for about 20 to 30 minutes once or twice a day until the pain and inflammation are reduced.
- Or you also use another option, you can even apply a gel which contains 0.0125 percent of capsaicin topically to reduce the knee pain.
5.) Turmeric to Treat Knee Pain
Turmeric is an effective and natural home remedies for knee pain. It contains a chemical called curcumin which is responsible for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce pain.
- According to the report of National center for complementary and Alternative Medicine turmeric may slow the progression of rheumatoid arthritis, which is one of the main cause for the knee pain.
- Boil a cup of water and add one-half teaspoon of each of ground ginger and turmeric, let it boil for about 10 minutes. Then strain the solution and add some honey in it. use this remedy daily.
- You can also add one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk. Sweeten it with honey and drink it once a day.
- Or you can use another option. Take 250 to 500 mg of turmeric capsules three times a day to see the positive result.
6.) Lemon to get Rid of Knee Pain
Lemon is very beneficial for the knee pain caused by arthritis. The citric acid found in lemon works as a solvent for uric acid crystal, which is the main cause of some types of arthritis. This property of lemon makes it one of the best home remedies for knee pain.
- Cut one to two piece of lemon into small pieces.
- Tie the pieces of lemon in a cotton cloth and dip it in a warm sesame oil
- Then place the cloth on the affected knee for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Do this twice a day until the pain is completely gone.
- You can also drink a juice of one lemon diluted in a glass of warm water early in the morning empty stomach.
7.) Epsom Salt to Treat Knee Pain
It contains magnesium sulfate that has been shown to provide relief from the knee pain. Magnesium works as a natural muscle relaxant that can help to remove the excess fluid from the tissues, in turn, it will help to reduce the inflammation, pain, and swelling.
- You need to add one-half cup of Epsom salt in a bathtub filled with hot water.
- Soak the affected knee in this warm solution for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use this remedy few times a week until you get compete for relief from the knee pain.
- Be aware of that this remedy is not recommended for those who are suffering from heart problems, diabetes or high blood pressure.
8.) Mustard Oil to Reduce Knee Oil
Mustard oil is one the best home remedies for knee pain, you need to gently massage on the painful knee with warm mustard oil to ease inflammation, improve blood circulation in the region and relieve pain.
- Take tablespoon of mustard oil and heat them
- Fry one garlic chopped garlic clove in it until it turns to brown.
- Let it cool and strain the oil.
- Then massage your aching knee with the lukewarm oil in the circular motions.
- Cover your knee with the plastic wrap and use warm towels to apply heat for a few minutes.
- Use this remedy twice a day for about one or two weeks.
9.) Eucalyptus oil to Cure Knee Pain
It has analgesic or pain relieving properties that can help to get rid of knee pain. The cooling sensation of this oil can ease knee pain caused by arthritis. According to the study published in the Evidence-based complementary and Alternative journal found that even inhaling the essential oil can help to reduce the pain and inflammation after total knee replacement. Eucalpytus is one of the best home remedies for knee pain.
- Blend together five to seven drops of each peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil. Mix them with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Store the mixture in a dark glass bottle, away from the direct sunlight.
- Rub the mixture on your knees whenever you feel pain.
- Make sure to gently massage so that the oil penetrated deep into the skin.
10.) Fenugreek Seeds Treat Knee Pain
Fenugreek seeds have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties due to this it can use to relieve knee pain. It is also warm in nature and considered very beneficial for those who are suffering from knee pain due to arthritis. Fenugreek seeds is one of the best home remedies for knee pain.
- Soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. In the next morning drain off the water and munch on seeds. Do this for daily one or two weeks.
- Or you can roast and grind a few fenugreek seeds, store them in an airtight container. Mix two teaspoon of this powder and add enough amount of water to make a thick paste. Then apply this paste on the affected area. Leave it for about 30 minutes and rinse it off with warm water. Use this remedy two times a day for a week.