Ear infection is one of the common infection that is primarily caused due to the ear wax. Ear has glands that tend to produce oil. This oil attracts dirt and bacteria that leads to the infection. To avoid this condition one should regularly clean his ear. Keep reading, to know more about the causes, symptoms and home remedies for ear infections.
Causes of Ear Infections:
- Production of the ear wax
- Filthy ear canal
- Food allergies
- Environmental allergies
- Internal injuries
- Nutritional Deficiency
Symptoms of Ear Infections:
- Fluid drainage
- Hearing problem
- Problem while sleeping
- Terrible pain in the ear.
- Swelling in the ear
Possible Complications Due to Hear Infections:
- Inflammation in or around brain
- Drainage from eardrum
- Mastoid bone infection
- Developing of cyst in the ear
- Face paralysis
- Hardening of middle ear tissue.
Best Home Remedies for Ear Infections:
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Ear Infection Treatment
Another ingredient in our list of best home remedies for ear infections is apple cider vinegar. ACV helps to treat array for health problems. It stops the growth of the fungus that leads ear infection. Moreover, it helps to clean the ear. Filthy ear is one of the prime cause of infection.
- In a small bowl mix one part of each apple cider vinegar and alcohol or water. Dip the cotton in this solution.
- Fix the cotton balls into the ears and leave them on for a couple of minutes.
- After a few minutes remove the cotton and lay down on the opposite side and try to remove the oil from the ear.
- After this make sure you dry your ears thoroughly.
- Gargling with ACV with also give you considerable relief.
- You can use white vinegar instead.
2.) Olive Oil for Earn Infection Treatment
Olive oil is one of the best home remedies for ear infections because it helps to clean the ear and inhibits the bacteria growth. The prime cause of the ear infections is the formation of the ear wax. It catches the bacteria and soon it spreads and blocks the Eustachian tubes. Thus, olive oil comes handy.
- Heat a table spoon of olive oil. Remove it from the burner after a while.
- Leave the oil at the room temperature. After a few minutes when the oil is cool enough put a few drops of olive oil into your ear.
- After putting the oil in the ear, use an earbud to clean your ear canal. Do this carefully with hurting yourself.
- Repeat this until you get a complete relief from the pain.
- You can also use mustard oil instead.
3.) Onion to Treat Ear Infections
Next in our list of home remedies for ear infections is onion. It is one of the common vegetable used in cooking. This vegetable has certain curative and medicinal properties that helps to treat the ear infection.
- Put a few drops of onion juice in the infected ear.
- Alternatively, bake one onion for a few minutes then cover it with washcloth and place this cloth on the infected ear.
- Follow any of the following remedy regularly to get rid of ear infections,
4.) Salt to Get Rid of Ear Infections
Next in our list of remedies for infections is salt. It is one of the easily available ingredient. Salt is packed with many curative and soothing properties that helps to curb the infection. It also inhibits the growth of the bacteria that leads infection.
- In a pan heat one cup of table salt.
- When the salt is considerably hot, put it in the washcloth and wrap the cloth.
- Dab this cloth on the affected area. Place it for a few minutes, until the salt cools down.
- Do this regularly a few times a day until you get relief from the infection.
- You can also use rice instead.
5.) Garlic to Cure Ear Infections
Another remedy that is readily available to treat ear infections is garlic. It is packed with the antimicrobial properties that stops the growth of the bacteria that causes infections. Moreover, it is considered as naturally pain killer. Thus, it is one of the best home remedies for ear infections.
- Heat a tablespoon of sesame, or mustard oil, after a few minutes add a few bulbs of garlic into the oil. Once the garlic turns red, switch of the burner and remove the pain from the burner.
- Let this oil cool a bit then strain the oil. When the oil is cool enough put, a few drops of this oil in your ear.
- Alternatively, boil some bulbs of the garlic in water. Once they turn soft and tender, remove them from the burner, crush them add some salt to it. Pit this mixture in a washcloth and dab the cloth on the infected area.
- In addition to this, such on fresh bulbs of garlic early in the morning. It is good for stomach as well.
6.) Basil Leaves to Cure Ear Infections
Basil leaves are probably a holy grail for number of health conditions like cold, cough, fever, runny nose and ear infections as well. The leaves are packed with curative and medicinal properties that helps to cure the infection and residing pain due to it as well.
- Extract some juice from the basil leaves. Massage this juice on the around the infected area. Make sure the juice does not enter in the ear canal.
- Alternatively, mix some basil oil with coconut oil or olive oil and rub it around the infected ear.
- Repeat any of the above method a few times a day until you get a complete relief.
7.) Warm Compress to Heal Infection
Warm compress is not an ideal remedy for the ear infection but it will help to cure the ear ache. In addition to this, it will also help to prevent the infestation of the microorganism.
- Place a heating pad or bottle filled with hot water on the infected ear.
- Or soak a washcloth in the hot water, wring out the excess water and place it on the infected site.
- Do not place it for longer.
8.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Ear Infection
You might have used tea tree oil to treat skin conditions like acne and pimple. It has an antibacterial property that helps to treat the skin conditions and ear infections as well. It wards of the bacteria, providing relief from ear ache.
- In a bowl mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, colloidal silver, two tablespoons of olive oil and a few drops of tea tree oil.
- With the help of a dropper, put this mixture into the ear. Leave it on for a few minutes.
- After 5-8 minutes’ tilt on the opposite side so that the mixture can drain out easily.
- Repeat this a few times until you get a complete relief from the infection and the pain.
9.) Mango Leaf Juice for Ear Infection Treatment
This remedy might have come as a surprise to you. Trust us it is one of the most effective and best home remedies for ear infections and earache. It has medicinal and curative properties that curbs the infection.
- Extract some juice from the mango leaf. Heat the juice slightly.
- Then put this juice in your ear with the help of the dropper.
- Repeat this a few times a day to cure the ear infection and pain caused due to it.
10.) Breast Milk to Get Rid of Ear Infections
This is a perfect home remedy for babies. Breast milk is packed with the antibodies that fights back with the bacteria and stops in further infection. It also cures the swelling and discomfort caused due to the infection. This remedy can be used by adults also.
- Put a few drops of the breast milk in the infected ear with the help of a dropper.
- Do this 2-3 times a day until you get complete relief.
- It is one of the best home remedies for eye infections, minor cuts and burns. In fact, it is a boon for babies.
11.) Mullein Drops for Ear Infection Treatment
Mullein is a wild plant, whose flower is used to treat ear infection. It has curative and medicinal properties that comes handy to get rid of the pain and the infection caused in the ear.
- Boil a glass of water, add some mullein flowers to it. Once the water is boiled remove it from the gas or microwave.
- Leave the water to cool down at the room temperature. Then strain the water.
- Mix some olive oil with the water. Leave it for a night.
- Next morning put this solution in the ears with the help of a dropper.
- Repeat this several times until you get considerable relief.
12.) Essential Oil to Get Rid of Ear Infection
Essential oil such as rosemary, eucalyptus, oregano, lavender, thyme and chamomile oil are used to heal the ear infection. These oils have curative and medicinal properties that helps to corn the infection and stops the growth of the bacteria that leads infection.
- Massage any of the above listed oil around the infected ear and jaw line to get rid of ear infection.
- You can also prepare a mixture of all these oils and use it to massage around the ears.
- Follow this remedy until you get a considerable relief.
13.) Cod Liver to Cure Ear Infections
One of the cause of ear infection is vitamin A deficiency. Cod liver oil is great source of vitamin A thus it helps to get rid of the infections Ans sustaining symptoms.
- Use cod liver oil while preparing your food.
- Alternatively, you can have supplements of cod liver as well.
- Also, consume foods high in vitamin A to curb the deficiency.
14.) Probiotics to Get Rid of Ear Infection
Probiotics helps to strengths the immune system. A strong immune system is devoid of infections and allergies. Moreover, probiotics have good bacteria that inhibits the growth of the bacteria that leads the infection. Thus it is one of the best home remedies for ear infections.
- Consume foods rich in probiotics.
- You can also have supplements of probiotics.
15.) Elderberry Syrup for Ear Infection Treatment
Elderberry syrup is also considered as one of the best home remedies for ear infections. It has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition to this, it supports the immune system as well. Consume this syrup to get rid of infections.