This article is about ways to get rid of cockroaches. Cockroaches are one of the most common pest insects. They found in your kitchen as they reach they’re looking for food. These tiny beasts are really harmful to your health as they carry germs and bacteria with them. Thus, it becomes really important to get rid of them. Cockroaches double themselves really fast and their population can become uncontrollable for you. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best ways that will help you get rid of cockroaches easily at home. Read the article and learn more about cockroaches and ways to get rid of it.
Ways to Get Rid of Cockroaches:
It is important to get rid of roaches from the house as they spread diseases and are very harmful for your health. They are found in your kitchen and thus spread diseases by travelling through utensils and contaminating your food. Apart from that, they can also become the reason of embarrassment at times. There are a number of remedies that are available around that you can opt for to get rid of cockroaches. Pest control is the way that you can go for the population increases too much. But pest control is harmful for your health. Thus, we will discuss some of the best home remedies that will help you get rid of cockroaches naturally.
1.) Bay Leaves to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Bay leaves area among the most successful ways to get rid of roaches naturally at home. This is because of the reason that cockroaches cannot stand the pungent smell of the bay leaves and thus they will be compelled to leave the house. What you have to do is:
- Take some dried bay leaves.
- Crush the leaves well and sprinkle it around the house.
- Pay special attention to the cracks of the walls and the pipes.
- You will see the difference in a week.
2.) Garlic to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Garlic is one of the best ways to get rid of cockroaches. Cockroaches have the same problem with garlic as well. They cannot stand the smell of the garlic. What you have to is:
- Take a few garlic cloves.
- Peel them off and place them everywhere around the house.
- Make special arrangements to the areas where they are more active.
- After three days, replace the cloves with the fresh ones.
- Repeat the process for ten days and you will see the difference in the population of these unwanted pets.
3.) Mint to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Mint can also be used as one of the perfect repellent for cockroaches. You just have to prepare a mint spray and spray it around the house. Roaches do not like the pungent smell of mint and thus they will look for other place for themselves. To make the spray:
- Take a glass of hot water.
- Add some mint leaves to it.
- Cover it with a lid and allow it to steep for some time.
- Allow it cool completely.
- When it has cooled, pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray it around the house.
- Repeat the process daily and you will notice the difference with a week.
4.) Ice Cream Trap to Get Rid of Cockroaches
You can also utilize the left over ice creams that no one is ready to it. Roaches are attracted towards the smell of the sweets. Once they are attracted towards the ice cream, they will be trapped in the stickiness of the ice cream. What you have to do is:
- Take the leftover ice along with the carton.
- Place it near the area where the roaches are more active.
- Leave it for days.
- Keep checking it in between.
- When you think that your trap has sufficient roaches, dispose it off.
5.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Petroleum jelly can also be used efficiently to kill cockroaches. You can use it as a trap for cockroaches. Once the cockroaches are trapped in the stickiness of trap, they will be killed easily. What you have to do is:
- Take card board and apply some petroleum jelly on it.
- Place some food item in the middle of the cardboard.
- Place it in the area where these roaches are more active.
- Leave it for some days.
- When you see the trap flooded with roaches, dispose it.
- Place new traps on the area.
6.) Soapy Water to Get Rid of Cockroaches
The detergent that you use to wash dishes can also be efficiently to get rid of cockroaches completely. Dish detergent is one of the best ways to kill cockroaches. Dish washing detergents suffocate roaches to death. What you have to do is:
- Mix some dish washing soap in water.
- Pour the prepared water in the spray bottle.
- Spray it on the cockroaches and the places are most active.
- Allow the place to dry and spray it again.
- Spray it for days till the cockroaches die completely.
7.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Baking soda is one of the easiest and effective ways to get rid of roaches completely. It works as a poison for cockroaches and thus help eliminated them completely. Baking soda attacks the internal system of roaches and thus kills them. What you have to do is:
- Mix some baking soda with sugar.
- Sprinkle it around the places these beasts are active.
- Roaches will be attracted towards the sweet smell of sugar and will eat the mixture.
- Once they consume it, they will die soon.
8.) Listerine to Get Rid of Cockroaches
You can also go for Listerine in order to eliminate these unwanted pets completely from your home. Listerine is one of the most effective ways to get rid of roaches completely from the house. Use it to clean your house. Listerine kills the roaches and prevents future infestation as well. Using it is easy. Follow the given steps for the purpose:
- Mix some Listerine with a little dish detergent.
- Pour it into a spray bottle and spray it around the house.
- It will kill the roaches.
9.) Coffee to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Coffee is also one of the most effective ways to kill roaches. Cockroaches are attracted towards the smell of the coffee. Thus you can use it to make a trap. What you have to so is make a paste with coffee powder and use it as a trap against the cockroaches. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a jar half filled with water.
- Add some grounded coffee to it.
- Keep the jar where roaches are mostly found.
- Check the jar after a week.
- You will find it flooded with roaches.
- Replace the jar as per your requirement.
10.) Lemon to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Lemon can also be used effectively to get rid of roaches. What you have to do is, while cleaning your house you just have to add lemon juice to the water that you are using to clean the house. Use it clean the area that has tiles. Cockroaches do not like lemon at oil and thus they will run away from the house. This will also prevent future infestation as well. So, you are advised to clean your house with lemon. Pay special attention the kitchen area.