Coconut oil has been used since ages for its various benefits for hair. There are several reasons why this oil has been so popular among many individuals and beauty experts. Coconut oil also have several health benefits when used on the external parts of the body, as well as when consumed internally. Those who use coconut oil for cooking, it helps lower their cholesterol. It also consists of antibiotics and antioxidant properties that help to treat several illnesses. Externally, coconut oil for hair growth is highly recommended remedy for those who have a hard time growing hair naturally. Apart from using coconut oil for hair growth, there are so many other uses of coconut oil for skin and hair. Coconut oil is one of those miracle remedy that have all things in it.
Coconut oil is loaded with vitamins, carbohydrates and minerals, which are beneficial for the human body. However, use coconut oil for skin apart from using coconut oil for hair growth. Coconut oil also used while making of cosmetic creams and soaps in Asian countries. You can also use coconut oil in various kinds of salads and foods.
Coconut oil is best known for hair oil for thousands of years, and it has shown outstanding results. Many components in coconut oil keep the hair nourished, strong and protected. Coconut oil also helps to protect from baldness, premature aging and extreme hair loss. Coconut oil is very trendy and frequently chosen as hair oil worldwide. Before we start with the ways for using the coconut oil and its several helpful and beneficial properties, we are explaining few benefits of coconut oil. Read them, which make coconut oil so special, and why it is chosen by millions of people.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair & Skin:
- Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair & Skin:
- Does Coconut Oil Really Help to Grow Hair?
- Reasons to Treat Your Hair with Coconut Oil:
- How to Use Coconut Oil for Hair Growth?
1.) Coconut Oil Provide Nutrition
Coconut oil is loaded with Vitamin E, Vitamin K and iron. It not only provides you with a healthy scalp, but also penetrate into the hair. It also provides required nutrition and helps keep your hair stronger and healthy. Stronger hair tends to grow faster and stay lengthy and shiny without excess breakage.
2.) Coconut Oil Protect Hair Protein
Coconut oil consists of a lauric acid that is very has been found very beneficial for the hair growth. It also has been established that this acid prevent the loss of protein in hair than any other kind of hair oil. The more protein you hair has, the healthier, shinier and stronger your hair will be. This is the most useful benefits of coconut oil for hair growth.
3.) Coconut Oil Lock the Moisture
This is one of the best coconut oil benefits. In today lifestyle, there are many things that lead to damage of hair and hair loss. Our daily routine and environment can draw the large amount of moisture from the hair. Which further results in weak and dry hair. Coconut oil aid to lock the moisture, while keeping external pollutants away from damaging your hair. Therefore, you get healthy and shiny looking hair.
4.) Promote Blood Circulation
This is one of the best benefit that one can get. When coconut oil is used for massaging softly on the scalp, it promotes blood circulation. When it promotes blood circulation, automatically it also encourages hair growth. This will also help keep your hair follicle stronger and strengthen the hair locks as well.
5.) Add Strength to Your Hair
Due to the many curing characteristics of coconut oil, it will go through the hair follicle and thus making sure the hair gets stronger and healthier. Stronger hair is will help grow long and strong and encourage better hair growth and removes split ends. This is one of the popular benefit of coconut oil.
6.) Make Your Hair Shine
Coconut Oil for hair growth also keeps your hair shiny and healthy. For those who are seeking the strong hair that most of the time you have seen in the movies and the magazines, then start using coconut oil coconut oil for the same. Moreover, coconut oil is also helpful for hair color, especially those who have gray hair. It helps regain the true color of your hair. Coconut oil is not only restricted to hair health, but also contributes to other health benefits of coconut oil.
7.) Work Against Bacteria and Fungus
Coconut is beneficial when we talk about several scalp conditions like dry scalp, dandruff and lice, bacteria, fungus which affects the growth of the hair. With its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties you can easily get rid of all the hair problems and prevents damage to the hair with best coconut hair oil.
Does Coconut Oil Really Help to Grow Hair?
Coconut oil is the first ever plant oil ever used by humans. It is resultant from the mature fruit of coconut trees. It is semi solid and thick in texture. Therefore, you need to extract the oil before using on your hair. Generally, it‘s used either externally and internally, for healthy food, ideal skin and other benefits.
Reasons to Treat Your Hair with Coconut Oil:
- Coconut oil encourages hair growth penetrates deep into its follicles. Coconut also promotes the scalp heath and fight against problems like lice, insect bites and dandruff. It also helps moisturize dry hair.
- Coconut oil adds shine, polish and smoothness to the hair. Coconut oil reduces hair breakage, split ends and promotes hair length. Coconut oil helps to slow down hair damage.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Hair Growth?
There are several beneficial ways to use coconut oil for healthy hair growth.
1.) Use Coconut Oil for Deep Conditioner
This is one of the easy ways to condition your hair naturally. Coconut oil penetrates the scalp, reducing the dryness, dullness, split ends and hair damage. Keep aside a few hours for using coconut oil to deep condition your hair to get maximum benefit of coconut oil. Use the following tips to deep condition your hair with coconut oil.
- Start with freshly washed and dry hair.
- Take some organic virgin coconut oil and melt it in a heat safe bowl to make it complete liquid.
- Massage slowly and gently on your scalp and hair using your fingers to stimulate the blood flow in the hair.
- Now, use a dry or warm wet towel to cover your hair completely. Keep the towel for half an hour.
- Next step is to wash your hair with a mild shampoo to remove excess oil from the hair.
- You can also add a few drops of coconut oil to the end strands before styling your hair for a natural shine and glow.
2.) Detangling Leave-In
Those who have Curly and long hair tortured with tangles and knots can attain the extra coconut oil benefits with regular application of coconut oil. Original organic coconut oil helps detangle your hair and make combing easier without any breakage and damaging residue. Use the following steps carefully to detangle hair with coconut oil before styling or brushing:
- Take some organic virgin coconut oil and melt it in a heat safe container to make it liquid completely.
- Massage this oil thoroughly on the hair ends and through the length using your fingers. Before you comb your hair, gently try to detangle your hair using your fingers following the ends to root pattern.
- Keep the oil and let it penetrate inside the hair completely before styling or brushing.
3.) Dandruff Treatment
Coconut oil is a helpful treatment for scalp problems with dandruff and itching that leads to dry scalp or dandruff. Coconut oil is also an appropriate substitute for chemical products such as shampoos, hair colorants, styling products and conditioners that results in scalp problems. Use the following steps to get rid of dandruff and other scalp problems with coconut oil.
- As mentioned in above two points, first melt the coconut oil.
- Massage with coconut oil using your fingers slowly and gently.
- Next, wrap your head with a small towel or with shower cap and leave it overnight.
- Now, wash your hair with Epsom salt and water mixture to remove flakes from the scalp.
4.) Hair Coloring Base
Coconut oil has the capacity to penetrate the scalp and makes it an important factor delivering hair color. It is widely used as a mixing base. It makes color more vibrant and prevent it from fading too.
- Mix some amount of organic virgin coconut oil, henna (coloring herb) and apply it on the roots to tips.
- Wait for an hour for the color to set.
- Now, remove the excess of oil and color from the hair using a mild shampoo.
- Cover your hair with a small towel and leave it all night to let the color set completely.
5.) Hair Growth Tonic
Coconut oil is an efficient hair growth energizer that promotes growth rate, length and thickness. Use coconut oil on the regular basis. It helps the follicle blocking, nourishes hair and scalp with its vitamins and fatty rich content. Follow these steps for wash, condition and detangle hair carefully with a comb or hair pick.
- Take some melted coconut oil. You can also keep it little warm while applying.
- Keep your head upside down, massage with coconut oil into the scalp softly using the fingertips.
- Use a cloth to wrap the head and keep it overnight to penetrate completely.
- Wash your hair next morning with a mild shampoo and you are ready to go.
Tips and Precautions With Coconut Oil:
- Avoid hair straighteners- Hair straighteners are usually used by many people, but are in fact one of the most hair destructive of all treatments. The surplus heat dries out your hair and damages your hair completely.
- Avoid over brushing – The repetitive brushing can also damage the hair quality and results in split ends due to reflex trauma. Brushing 2-4 times a day is fine, but more extreme brushing will leave the hair unhealthy and damaged looking.
- Avoid hair dryers – Let your hair dry naturally. The extreme heat produced by hair dryers additionally makes your hair dry and damage completely.