Thick, voluminous and longer lashes is something that every women desire for. It not only enhances your over all look in facts it adds a definition and drama to the eyes. Most of the women finds solace in a nice mascara or falsies but that is not good for your lashes. To get longer lashes you must follow a good diet and some home remedies. Trust us, the regular application of these remedies will soon give you thick and voluminous lashes that you have been wanting for the longest. So, without any ado lets dive into the home remedies for longer lashes.
Ways to Get Longer Lashes:
- Ways to Get Longer Lashes:
- 1.) Castor Oil to Get Longer Lashes
- 2.) Olive Oil to Get Thick Lashes
- 3.) Aloe Vera to Grow Longer Eye Lashes
- 4.) Lemon Rind to Get Longer Lashes
- 5.) Eggs to Grow Thick and Longer Lashes
- 6.) Green Tea to Get Thick Lashes Naturally
- 7.) Coconut Milk to Get Beautiful Long Lashes
- 8.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Longer Lashes Naturally
- 9.) Coconut Oil with Essential Oil to Grow Thick and Longer Lashes Naturally
- 10.) Brushing to Get Long Eyelashes
- 11.) Massage to Get Longer Eyelashes
- 12.) Trim Your Lashes to Get Longer Lashes Naturally
- 13.) Do not Apply Mascara Regularly
- 14.) Avoid Using Falsies to Get Longer Lashes
- 15.) Balanced Diet to Get Longer Lashes Naturally
1.) Castor Oil to Get Longer Lashes
First in our list of home remedies to get longer eye lashes is castor oil. This oil is not only promoting growth of lashes in fact it is a wonderful remedy for hair growth as well. It stimulates the hair follicles and nourishes them that eventually gives you healthy, thicker, longer and voluminous lashes. In addition to this, it inhibits the growth of the microorganism that hampers the growth of the hair.
- Rinse your eyelashes with water, pat them dry and then with a help of a cotton bud or a wand of mascara apply castor oil on the lashes.
- Make sure you apply a thin layer of the oil since it vicious so it will give you a hard time while removing. A thin layer will be easy to remove.
- Apply this oil regularly before going to the bed.
- Alternatively, you can also mix 2 tablespoons of Aloe gel with two tablespoons of castor oil and apply this mixture on the lashes. Aloe Vera is also very good for hair.
- Leave on the this for a night and rinse it next morning.
2.) Olive Oil to Get Thick Lashes
If your skin is sensitive towards castor oil, then use olive oil instead. It also promotes the hair growth and moisturize the hair as well. As we all know olive oil is a rich source of vitamin E and oleic acid that adds volume to the lashes. The same remedy can be useful to get thick eyebrows as well. Moreover, it gives you a dark eyelash that will definitely enhance your overall look.
- In a bowl take two tablespoons of olive oil and microwave it. Leave it in the room temperature for a while.
- Dip a cotton bud or a clean mascara wand into it and apply the warm oil on your lashes. Make sure you cover the roots and tips of lashes.
- Do this regularly before going to the bed and rinse it next morning with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy until you get satisfied results.
3.) Aloe Vera to Grow Longer Eye Lashes
Aloe Vera is wonderful home remedy for skin and hair related problems including the scanty growth of the eyelashes. Aloe gel is packed with numerous minerals and vitamins that helps in the growth of the lashes and some volume to it. In addition to this, Aloe Vera has anti-microbial properties that come handy for treating the acne or pimples around the lashes that might hamper the growth. Plus, it is good moisturizer as well.
- Rinse and pat dry your lashes, dip a clean mascara wand into the fresh Aloe Vera gel and apply a thin coat of the gel on the lashes.
- You can also use a cotton bud for applying the gel. Leave it for a night and rinse with lukewarm water next morning.
- Alternatively, you can mix 1 table spoon of jojoba oil one table spoon of fresh Aloe gel before applying it. The jojoba oil will work wonders on the lashes.
- Follow any of the above listed alternate until you get longer lashes.
4.) Lemon Rind to Get Longer Lashes
Another home remedy that will work wonder for you is rind of the lemon that is peels of the lemon. It will add some volume to the lashes and help to grow thick and longer. Lime lemon the peels are rich source of the vitamin C, B and folic acids and many more nutrients that are considered vital for the healthy growth of the lashes. For the added benefits, you can mix it with the castor oil or olive oil.
- Spread some lemon peels under the sunlight.
- Once they are dried enough, grind them to a get a thick powder.
- In a bowl mix the powder with castor oil and olive oil. Mix it thoroughly.
- With the help of the cotton bud or clean mascara wand apply this mixture over the lashes.
- Leave it overnight and rinse your lashes with Luke warm water, next morning.
- You can keep the left-over mixture in the airtight container so that you can use it in the future without any ado.
5.) Eggs to Grow Thick and Longer Lashes
Egg is another wonder remedy for many skin and health remedies. It is packed with protein that helps in the hair growth, since our hair also made of the protein thus it helps to grow thick, longer and voluminous eye lashes. In addition to this, it also has biotin and all the variants of vitamin B that plays an important role in enhancing the texture of the lashes.
- In a bowl beat one egg, add a tablespoon of glycerin to it. Give it a good stir until you get a cream and thick texture.
- Dip a clean mascara stick or cotton bud into it and apply it over the lashes.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it with cold water.
- Repeat this at alternate days to get longer eyelashes naturally.
6.) Green Tea to Get Thick Lashes Naturally
This too might be a surprise remedy for you. But trust us, it was wonderful for lashes as above listed remedies. It is a good source of flavonoids that stimulates the lashes growth. In addition to this, green tea has antioxidants that adds as another benefit.
- In cup of warm water, dip a green tea bag. Steep it for a while.
- After a few seconds remove the tea bag and apply the green tea over your lashes with the help of the cotton swab or clean mascara wand.
- Make sure you apply thoroughly, cover the roots and tips of the lashes.
- Repeat this twice in a day regularly until you get longer lashes at home.
7.) Coconut Milk to Get Beautiful Long Lashes
Coconut milk is a great source of essential fasts and proteins that hair needs to grow. It adds a volume to lashes and with the regular application of the coconut milk you get thick, long and voluminous eyelashes that you desire for.
- Rinse and pat dry your lashes, apply some coconut milk over the lashes.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it with the cold water.
- Do this regularly until you get a thick and voluminous lash.
8.) Petroleum Jelly to Get Longer Lashes Naturally
Petroleum jelly is an also a wonderful remedy for thin lashes. It adds a volume to the lashes and with the regular application you will get think, and longer lashes. If you do not get the petroleum jelly, then use Vaseline instead. However, use a thin layer of the petroleum jelly since it viscous in nature so thick layer would be difficult to remove.
- Rinse and pat dry your lashes.
- With the help of the cotton swab or clean mascara apply a thin layer of the petroleum jelly over the lashes.
- Leave it overnight and rinse with lukewarm water next morning.
- Follow this remedy regularly until you get thick, longer and voluminous lashes.
9.) Coconut Oil with Essential Oil to Grow Thick and Longer Lashes Naturally
A mix of coconut oil and essential oil such as lavender oil is a boon for the lashes. Both the oils are packed with essential nutrients that your lashes need to get thick and longer. In addition to it, this combination moisturize your lashes and improves the blood circulation that will definitely give you longer and healthy lashes. Plus, lavender oil and coconut oil has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties which is the added benefit.
- Rinse and pat dry your lashes.
- In a bowl mix half tablespoon of coconut oil with a few drops pf the essential oil.
- Mix it thoroughly and apply this solution on to your lashes to get thick and longer lashes naturally.
- Do this regularly until you get voluminous and long lashes that you desired for.
10.) Brushing to Get Long Eyelashes
This remedy might be a surprise for you. But as combing promotes hair growth, similarly brushing gives thicker and voluminous lashes. It will help to remove all the dust and particles stuck in the lashes and also helps to spread the natural thoroughly. In addition to this, it promotes the blood circulation level because of which most of the nutrients reach out and help in long, thicker and voluminous lashes.
- Rinse your eyelashes, pat them dry.
- Dip the lash brush into the brush or olive oil and brush it over the lashes.
- Brush the lashes in the upward strokes. Beginning from the roots and gradually moving towards the tips of the lashes.
- Do this for a few minutes twice a day until you get satisfactory results.
11.) Massage to Get Longer Eyelashes
Like brushing, a good massage also contributes thick, fuller and voluminous lashes like your favrite celebrities. Massage improves the blood flow to the hair follicle that helps to reach out all the nutrients at their destinations. Moreover, it stimulates hair growth and prevent breakage and hair thinning.
- Rinse your eyelashes, pat them dry and apply a nice layer of the oil or petroleum jelly on the lashes.
- You can apply it with the help of the cotton but or a clean mascara wand.
- After applying the oil or jelly, gently massage the lashes with help of fingers.
- Be as gentle as you can otherwise you will end up plucking your lashes.
- Massage it from the roots to the tips of the lashes thoroughly.
- Do this regularly or at the alternative days before going to the bed to get longer lashes.
12.) Trim Your Lashes to Get Longer Lashes Naturally
As trimming hair promotes hair growth similarly trimming eyelashes will contribute voluminous, thick and longer lashes. It will stimulate the follicles of the lashes and promotes the hair growth of lashes.
- Trim your lashes regularly after some months.
- Make sure you do not trim your lashes much.
13.) Do not Apply Mascara Regularly
This is one of the ideal suggestion for thick, long and voluminous lashes. Applying too much of mascara eye makeup that too regularly will lead to thing and breakage of the lashes. Mascara contains main chemicals that gives it color and makes it long lasting. It might enhance your look but in the long run it will be not good for the health of the lashes. And if you ought to apply mascara do not forget to remove it before going to the bed. If possible, use washable mascara as it is easy to remove.
14.) Avoid Using Falsies to Get Longer Lashes
Most of the time women opt for the falsies in order to make their lashes look longer and voluminous. It might give you nice look but it is not at all good for the health of your lashes. While applying, or removing the falsies you might end up plucking your lashes. Moreover, falsies and mascara do not let your lashes to breath and grow.
15.) Balanced Diet to Get Longer Lashes Naturally
Your diet plays a vital role in shaping your body, skin and hair. Therefore, one must consume healthy and balanced diet. Just like your hair, your lashes need protein, minerals, vitamins and other nutrient in order to get thick and voluminous. For this make sure you include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables in your diet. Moreover, whole grains, olive oil and coconut oil are essential for the growth lashes. Apart from this, drink green tea, coconut water, like applying, consuming this food will be equally beneficial to you.