Long hair is an age-old beauty that will always be in style. But getting super long hair is not always an easy task. There is no shortcut to growing luscious, long locks. On an average hair grows about half an inch per month. But it also depends on your general health, well-being, genetic factor and many other things. You can encourage hair growth by maintaining healthy hair through a good diet and proper hair care. Whether your hair is short or long you can try many of these methods at once to help your hair grow incredibly long. It will not only help to length your hair, but it will also help to improve your strands health. you can encourage hair growth by maintaining healthy hair through a good diet and proper care. Certain herbs will also grow long hair.
Ways to Grow Long Hair:
- Ways to Grow Long Hair:
- 1.) Trim your Hair to Make your Hair Grow Faster
- 2.) Egg mask to Grow Long Hair
- 3.) Castor oil to Grow Hair Fast
- 4.) Infuse your Hair with Herbs to Grow Long Hair
- 5.) Aloe Vera for Faster Hair Growth
- 6.) Massage your scalp to Grow Long Hair
- 7.) Eat a Healthy Diet to get Long Hair Naturally
- 8.) Stay Stress-free to Grow Long Hair
- 9.) Onion Juice to Make your Hair Grow Longer
- 10.) Coconut milk to Grow Long Hair
- 11.) Indian Gooseberry for Longer Hair
- 12.) Grapeseed oil to Grow Long Hair
1.) Trim your Hair to Make your Hair Grow Faster
It may sound weird but you have to cut a little of your hair to grow. Trim your hair half an inch every six weeks. If you will neglect the tips of your hair for too long, it will cause split ends that will ride up your hairs and make them look unkept. This may seem like it will slow down your hair growth but it is not healthy to just not to trim your hair once in a while.
2.) Egg mask to Grow Long Hair
Eggs are highly beneficial for faster hair growth because they are loaded with protein and also contain sulfur, iron, zinc, phosphorous and selenium. You can use an egg hair mask at least once a month.
- Whisk an egg and mix few drops of lavender oil and four drops of grapeseed oil. Apply it on your scalp and hair and leave it on for about half an hour. Then rinse it off with shampoo.
- Apply a mixture of two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and two egg yolks on your scalp. Leave in on for about 15 to 20 minutes. wash it out with cold water and then shampoo your hair.
- Or you can use another method. whisk an egg and add one cup of milk and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and the juice of half a lemon to it. apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it on for about half and hour. Then wash it out with you normal shampoo.
3.) Castor oil to Grow Hair Fast
Castor oil is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, especially in omega 9 fatty acids. It promotes hair growth naturally. It is one of the effective way to grow long hair.
- As this oil is quite viscous in nature, mix the castor oil with an equal amount of olive, coconut or almond oil. Massage your scalp with it and leave it on for about half an hour. Then shampoo your hair.
- You can also add essential oil such as peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary, lavender, or thyme oil, to the castor oil and then put it in your hair.
4.) Infuse your Hair with Herbs to Grow Long Hair
Herbs like catnip, nettle, rosemary, horsetail, burdock and sage promote hair growth. Rosemary is particularly excellent for hair growth because it stimulates the hair follicles. It adds luster to your hair. The polyphenol and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea are also helpful for hair growth. Most herbs stimulates hair growth by improving circulation.
- You can prepare a herbal infusion by steeping any of the herbs in hot water for about 10 to 20 minutes. then rinse your hair with shampoo and condition your hair. It helps to strengthen your hair and make them soft and manageable.
- You can also mix this herbal infusion or essential oil in your shampoo.
- Drink this herbal tea.
5.) Aloe Vera for Faster Hair Growth
- Take an aloe vera leaf and cut it into pieces to extract the gel out of it and mix it with a little lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture to your hair and leave it on for about 20 minutes. then rinse off your hair with shampoo. Do this once in every week.
- You can also combine aloe vera gel with an equal amount of wheat germ oil and coconut milk and then apply it on your hair.
- Or you can drink aloe vera juice on a regular basis.
6.) Massage your scalp to Grow Long Hair
Massage promote blow flow to the scalp, which in turn stimulates the hair follicles. Deep conditioning your hair once in a week with a hot oil treatment or deep conditioning hair mask.
- Apply the warm oil or conditioner to your hair.
- Gently rub your fingers on your scalp in a circular motion for three to five minutes.
- Then rinse the oil or conditioner out of your hair.
7.) Eat a Healthy Diet to get Long Hair Naturally
Eating a diet rich in protein and vital vitamins and mineral is essential for hair growth. Go for foods high in vitamins A, B, C and E, zinc, iron, magnesium, copper, and selenium. Vitamin B is particularly important to grow long hair
- So you need to include a variety of food in your diet like, cheese, milk, yogurt, eggs, chicken, salmon, spinach, whole grains, bell peppers, broccoli, avocado, parsley, cabbage, oats, brown bread, and alfalfa to nourish your hair and scalp. Drink fresh fruit and vegetable juices such as grapefruit, orange, carrot, beet and lettuce juice.
- Fish, walnuts, flax seeds, winter squash, olive oil, beans and other foods are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and are very good for grow long hair as about 3% of the hair shaft is made up of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Avoid nutritional deficiencies because they affect your hair growth. For example deficiencies of vitamin E and zinc can lead to hair thinning and loss.
8.) Stay Stress-free to Grow Long Hair
Stress is one of the most important factors that contribute to hair fall. It is believed that stress can disrupt the normal hair cycle and can trigger hair to enter the telogen or fall out phase. Therefore striving for faster hair growth, it can minimize the stress in your life.
- To manage stress you can do breathing exercise, meditation or other relaxation techniques. Be sure to get enough sleep as the growth is released during sleep.
9.) Onion Juice to Make your Hair Grow Longer
This remedy is regarded as one of the most effective and oldest remedies. It contains sulfur that boosts collagen production in the tissues and helps in the regrowth of hair.
- Cut a few slices of onion and squeeze out its juice.
- Apply it on your scalp for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with a mild shampoo after few minutes.
10.) Coconut milk to Grow Long Hair
It is one of the most effective remedies for natural hair growth. It is rich in iron, potassium and essential fats.
- Take coconut milk from a fresh coconut milk and add half a squeeze of lemon, 4 drops of essential lavender oil.
- Mix it well through and apply it on your scalp. Leave it on for about 4 to 5 hours and then rinse it off with shampoo.
11.) Indian Gooseberry for Longer Hair
This fruit is a powerhouse of nutrients, it is rich in vitamin C and accelerated the hair growth. All you need to do is
- Mix 2 tablespoon of amla juice or powder with an equal amount of lime juice.
- Apply in on your hair and scalp and let it dry.
- Rinse it off with some warm water.
- It will also prevent hair pigmentation.
12.) Grapeseed oil to Grow Long Hair
This lovely oil is often an ingredient in popular hair care products and can be used on its own to increase hair growth. Pour some oil onto your scalp and massage it with your fingers. Allow it to set for up to an hour. Use this 2 to 3 nights for a week to see the best result.