There could be nothing more attractive than a thick head of hair that glimmers with the natural health. But hair loss is a problem that many people suffer from. There can be several factors behind hair loss such as aging, environmental factor, too much stress, nutritional deficiencies, excessive smoking, hormonal imbalance, scalp infections, genetic factors, use of wrong chemically enriched hair products, certain medicines and medical conditions like thyroid disorder, polycystic ovary syndrome, anemia, iron deficiency and chronic illness.
There are about 100,000 of strands of hair on your scalp and it is considered very normal to lose 50 to 100 strands a day. but when you start losing more than that so understood that it’s a time for you to take some action so it doesn’t progress to baldness or bald spots. You can use home remedies for hair fall.
Home Remedies for Hair Fall:
- Home Remedies for Hair Fall:
- 1.) Hair Oil Massage to Treat Hair Fall
- 2.) Fenugreek Seed to Reduce Hair Fall
- 3.) Aloe Vera to Stop Hair Loss
- 4.) Onion Juice to Treat Hair Fall
- 5.) Licorice Root to Get Rid of Hair Fall
- 6.) Indian Gooseberry to Stop Hair Loss
- 7.) Beetroot Juice to Cure Hair Loss
- 8.) Chinese Hibiscus to Treat Hair Fall
- 9.) Coconut Milk to Stop Hair Loss
- 10.) Flaxseeds to Treat Hair Fall
1.) Hair Oil Massage to Treat Hair Fall
The first step you should take to reduce hair loss is to massage your scalp with an appropriate hair oil. Proper hair and scalp massage will help to increase the flow of blood to the hair follicles, condition the scalp and enhance the strength of your hair roots. It will also help to promote relaxation and reduce the feeling of stress. It is one of the best home remedies for hair fall.
- You can use hair oils like almond, coconut, olive oil etc. add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to the base for better and faster result. You can also use another type of oil such as emu oil, wheat germ oil, and argan oil.
- Massage your scalp from any of the oil mentioned above by applying light pressure with your fingertips.
- Do this at least once a week.
2.) Fenugreek Seed to Reduce Hair Fall
Fenugreek is highly effective in treating hair loss. It contains hormone antecedents that can enhance hair growth and help to rebuild hair follicles. It also contain proteins and nicotinic acid that stimulate the hair growth. Fenugreeek seed is one of the best home remedies for hair fall.
- Soak one cup of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water overnight.
- In the morning grind them and make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair and cover it with a shower cap. Rinse off your hair after 40 minutes.
- Use this remedy every morning for about one month.
3.) Aloe Vera to Stop Hair Loss
Aloe Vera contains an enzyme that promotes healthy hair growth. It has alkalizing properties that can bring the scalp and hair’s pH to a more desirable level which can promote hair growth. Aloe Vera is one of the best home remedies for hair fall.
- Regular use Aloe Vera can also help in relieve scalp itching and reduce scalp redness and inflammation. It also adds strength and luster to hair and alleviates dandruff. You can both aloe vera juice and gel.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel and juice onto your scalp.
- Leave it for a few minutes, then wash it off with the lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy two to three times a day for a few weeks to see the positive result.
- Or you can also take one tablespoon of Aloe Vera juice daily on an empty for the hair growth.
4.) Onion Juice to Treat Hair Fall
Onion juice contains which helps to treat hair loss. It also helps to improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, regenerate hair follicles and reduce inflammation. Onion also has antibacterial properties that can help to kills germs and parasites and treat scalp infections like dandruff that cause hair loss. According to the study published in the journal of dermatology in 2002, almost 74 percent of the study participants who applied onion juice on the scalp experienced significant for hair regrowth. Onion juice is one of the best home remedies for hair fall.
- Take one onion and extract the juice out of it and then strain it. apply this juice directly onto the scalp. Leave it for about 30 minutes and then wash it off. Finally, shampoo your hair.
- Mix together two tablespoons of aloe vera juice and three tablespoons of onion juice. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil if you want. Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off and shampoo your hair.
5.) Licorice Root to Get Rid of Hair Fall
Licorice root is an effective herb that prevents hair loss and damage to the hair. It has to mollify properties that open the pores, soothe the scalp and help to get rid of irritation like dry flakes. This is one of the best home remedies for hair fall, dandruff, and baldness.
- Add one tablespoon of ground licorice and a quarter teaspoon saffron to one cup of milk. Mix it thoroughly.
- Apply this paste on bald patches at bedtime and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning wash your hair.
- Use this remedy once or twice a week.
- You can also take licorice internally in the form of licorice tea three times a day.
6.) Indian Gooseberry to Stop Hair Loss
You can use Indian gooseberry for natural and fast hair growth. It is also known as amla. Indian gooseberry is also a rich source of vitamin C. deficiency of vitamin C can cause hair loss. It is one of the best home remedies for hair fall.
- It has antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and the exfoliating properties that help to maintain a healthy scalp and promote hair growth.
- Mix one tablespoon each of lemon juice and Indian gooseberry.
- Massage your scalp with the mixture thoroughly. Then cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for overnight and then shampoo your hair in the morning.
7.) Beetroot Juice to Cure Hair Loss
Beetroot juice contains protein, carbohydrate, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and vitamin B and C. All of these ingredients which beetroot contain is essential for healthy hair growth. It is one of the best home remedies for hair fall.
- You need to add fresh beetroot juice in your diet. You can also add spinach juice, lettuce juice, carrot juice, or alfalfa juice in your diet they will help to keep your hair healthy.
- O you can grind a few beetroot leaves along with henna and add a little water to it. apply this paste on your scalp. Leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it out. use this remedy several times a week.
8.) Chinese Hibiscus to Treat Hair Fall
- The Chinese hibiscus flower has many natural properties that can to treat hair loss. It can also promote hair growth. This flower can also be used to cure dandruff, prevent split ends, thicken hair and prevent premature graying. It is one of the best home remedies for hair fall.
- You need to add 10 Chinese hibiscus flower with two cups of coconut oil.
- Heat the solution until it charred. Strain it to collect the oil.
- Apply this oil on your hair before going to bed. Then wash your hair in the morning.
- Apply this oil few times a week for a positive result.
- You can also make tea with this flower and use it to rinse your hair to encourage proper growth.
9.) Coconut Milk to Stop Hair Loss
Coconut milk is a rich source of protein and essential fats that promote hair growth and prevent hair loss. When you will apply it to your hair coconut milk will provide quick results. Coconut oil is one of the best home remedies for hair fall and split ends as well.
- You can make a fresh coconut milk at home by adding a freshly grated coconut in a pan fill with water.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes. then strain it.
- Once it will get cool, apply the milk thoroughly onto the scalp and into your hair. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse off your hair using shampoo.
- To make the treatment more effective you can mix powdered fenugreek seeds and black pepper to the coconut before using it.
10.) Flaxseeds to Treat Hair Fall
Flaxseeds are a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids that can prevent further hair loss and encourage hair growth. It is one of the best home remedies for hair fall.
- Consume one tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseeds with a glass of water in the morning to manage hair loss. You can also add flax seeds to your soups, salad, smoothies and other dishes.
- You can simply take flax seeds oil, and apply it onto your hair. When you will use it as a hair oil, it can help to prevent hair loss and help to strengthen your hair.