After writing how to get rid of sore throat?, how to soothe a sore throat?, and how to get rid of cold sores?, we are now writing how to treat strep throat? Strep throat is a common problem among people and it is highly contagious. A strep throat is a bacterial infection in the tonsils and the throat. The bacteria affect the inner part of airways like trachea and bronchi. The strep throat is easily spread by sneezing or coughing. There are some symptoms of this bacterial infection such as coughing, runny nose and sneezing. It is better to cure this problem on time and avoid the intense coughing. At a certain stage this problem can lead to vomiting. Due to strep throat your throat gets inflamed and irritated. Strep throat affects children between ages 5 and 15 and it occurs during winter season. You can treat strep throat with antibiotics or without antibiotics. In this article, follow some useful tips to get rid of strep throat.
Symptoms of Strep Throat:
- Pain in the throat
- Intense strep throat
- Difficulty while swallowing
- Inflamed tonsils and lymph nodes.
- White and yellow spots on the back of the throat.
How Long Does Strep Throat Last?
It you are having severe strep throat then it take 4-5 days to go. If not, then it lasts for 24 hours.
Best Remedies to Treat Strep Throat:
1.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Strep Throat
Gargling with salt water is one of the best and effective home remedies for treating strep throat. This salt water helps to neutralize acids in the throat, relieve the burning sensation and promote the fast healing process.
Steps to Use Salt Water:
- Warm a cup of water and add ¼ tsp of salt to it.
- Now gargle with this salt solution but don’t swallow it.
- Repeat this method for 1 to 2 days.
2.) Honey to Treat Strep Throat Fast and Naturally
Honey is used for several reasons and it is very beneficial for your body. It is well-known for its calming and healing properties. Read health benefits of honey.
Steps to Use Honey to Cure Strep Throat Fast:
- Warm a glass of water and add 1 tsp of honey to it.
- Stir this mixture and drink it slowly.
- You can also add some lemon juice in honey and consume it to get relief from strep throat.
3.) Lemon Water to Get Rid of Strep Throat Fast
Lemon water is one of the beneficial drinks which are used for curing strep throat. It is well-known to fight cold and cough and helps to boost up the immune system.
Steps to Use Lemon Water to Treat Strep Throat Overnight:
- Take a glass of water and add 1 tsp of lemon juice to it.
- Stir this solution and drink it slowly for better relief.
- Drink it twice a day for a week.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Strep Throat Fast
Apple cider vinegar is very effective for treating strep throat. It helps to kill the bacteria causing the strep throat. Apple cider vinegar with honey works great for strep throat. Read health benefits of apple cider vinegar.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Strep Throat:
- Take a glass of warm water and add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Now mix 1 tbsp of honey in it.
- Drink this solution daily to get relief from strep throat.
5.) Green Tea to Prevent Strep Throat Naturally
Green tea is packed with anti oxidants that help to improve the body functions. It is good for your skin and helps to remove harmful toxins from your body. The soothing property in green tea helps to calm your strep throat. Green tea is available in the market.
Steps to Make Green Tea to Treat Strep Throat Fast:
- Boil a cup of water by adding 1 tsp of green tea leaves to it.
- You can also use tea bag.
- Add a little amount of honey to it.
- Drink this green tea 2 to 3 times a day to ease the throat.
6.) Steam to Get Relief from Strep Throat Overnight
Steam is efficient and effective home remedy for curing strep throat. It is good in curing sinuses and blocked noses.
Steps to Use Steam to Cure Strep Throat Fast:
- Boil some water and pour it in a bowl.
- Now cover your head and bend it over the bowl.
- Inhale slowly and do it daily.
- Steam will help to ease your throat and body.
7.) Cayenne Pepper to Prevent Strep Throat Fast
Cayenne pepper is the most common natural remedy for treating strep throat. It helps to remove the pain in the throat.
Steps to Use Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Strep Throat:
- Boil a cup of water and add a little amount of cayenne pepper to it.
- Mix it well and add a little honey to it.
- Mix all the ingredients together and drink it slightly warm.
- Drink this cayenne pepper solution slowly.
8.) Ginger Tea to Treat Strep Throat Naturally and Fast
Ginger tea is one of the natural remedies for treating strep throat. The healing properties in ginger tea help to ease the pain in the throat.
Steps to Use Ginger Tea to Cure Strep Throat Fast:
- Add crushed ginger to a cup of boiling water.
- After 3 to 5 minutes strain the tea.
- Drink it many times a day to get relief from strep throat and its symptoms.
- You can also consume ginger juice by adding a little amount of honey to it.
9.) Cinnamon to Get Relief from Strep Throat Fast
Cinnamon is very beneficial in treating strep throat. The strong anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties provide relief from many symptoms of strep throat and boost the immune system.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Treat Strep Throat Naturally:
- Take a cup of boiling water and add one-half tsp of cinnamon powder to it.
- Keep this mixture for ten minutes.
- Mix 1 tsp of honey to it.
- Drink this mixture 3 or 4 times daily until you see the improvement.
10.) Garlic to Get Rid of Strep Throat Naturally
This is the best home remedy for many infections including strep throat as it contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties in strep throat. Garlic helps to improve the immune system and helps the body to fight the infection.
Steps to Use Garlic to Cure Strep Throat Fast:
- Peel a fresh garlic clove and suck it like a candy.
- Another method is to boil a cup of water and add 1 tsp of grated garlic, a pinch of cayenne pepper, ¼ tsp of cinnamon to the water.
- Allow it to boil for 2 minutes and then strain this solution. Drink this solution 2 times a day until you get relief from strep throat.
- Wash your hands with hot water and soap to prevent the strep throat.
- Always cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Don’t share items with an infected person.
- Eat soft foods such as soft cooked eggs, soups, yogurt etc.
- Drink lots of fluids to prevent dehydration.
- Get proper sleep.
- You can also treat strep throat with antibiotics such as penicillin and amoxicillin.
- Don’t smoke and drink alcohol.