In this article, we are discussing several ways to get rid of eye stye fast and naturally at home. A stye consists of swelling of a sebaceous gland just above the eyelid to form a reddish bump just like a pimple. A stye is caused due to a bacteria known as staph. It may sooner or later come to a head as it fills with pus. It is also caused by dirt, makeup, dust or other debris that infect and block the oil gland with bacteria. The bacteria can be moved to the eyes due to inappropriate hygiene. A lump in the eye is very painful and uncomfortable situation. This is why those who have a stye are dreadfully trying to find ways to help reduce pain and inflammation.
Symptoms of an Eye Stye:
- Swelling of the eyelid.
- Burning sensation.
- Uneasiness when blinking.
- Increased sensitivity to light.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Eye Stye
1.) Warm Compress to Treat Eye Stye Quickly
Applying a warm compress to the affected eye and the eyelid. It is one of the best remedies to get rid of a stye. The heat will boost the blood flow to the area and fastens the drainage and rupture of pus from the sty. It will also reduce other signs like swelling and pain. Follow the process below mentioned.
- Take a washcloth or towel and soak it in a warm water.
- Remove the excess water.
- Place this towel on the closed eyelid for 10 mins.
- Do this process for 3-4 times daily, until the pus is removed.
- Clean the pus using a cotton ball or clean towel.
- Re-apply the warm compress till pus stops coming out.
2.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Eye Stye Naturally
Green tea has natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory compounds that can help decrease inflammation and pain of the eye stye. Also, the tannic acid that is helpful in keeping infections away. It also consists of a variety of antioxidants and nutrients that helps provide relief and healing to the stye. To use this method, follow the steps:
- Take a green tea bag and boil it in a cup of water.
- Take out the tea bag and remove excess water.
- Place this tea bag while it is warm on your close eyelid.
- Keep it on the affected eye for five minutes.
- Repeat this procedure for a few times daily.
- Do this 2-3 times a day to reduce the size and pain.
- This remedy can also be tried with black tea bags.
3.) Coriander Seeds to Prevent Eye Stye Fast
Coriander seeds are a conventional home treatment for an eye stye. It helps get rid of eye stye fast and naturally due to their anti-inflammatory properties. These seeds can help decrease pain, swelling and redness, thereby making you feel much improved within a few days. To try this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Bring some amount of water to boil.
- Add one tsp of coriander seeds to the water for 15 mins.
- Allow the water to cool down.
- Strain the solution and then use this water to wash your affected eye area.
- Do this process for 2-3 times daily until you get relief soon.
4.) Turmeric to Treat Eye Stye Overnight
The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of turmeric can help treat eye stye overnight. It can reduce irritation and remove any infection-causing irritants. This is one of the great home remedies to get rid of eye stye easily at home. To use this method, try the steps below:
- Bring some water to boil and add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Boil this solution until it gets half.
- Cool and then strain the solution with a cheese cloth.
- Use this solution to rinse the affected eye area for 2-3 times daily for a few days.
- You can also add one tsp of turmeric powder in a cup of hot milk.
- Drink it every day before going to bed for one week for faster healing.
5.) Baby Shampoo to Get Rid of Eye Stye Naturally
Eye shampoo is also an effective method to get rid of eye stye fast and naturally. For rapid recovery from a sty, it is important to keep the bite area clean and free of dirt and other irritants. Wash the affected area with baby shampoo as it is very mild on the skin. To use this method, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Take some warm water and add a few drops of mild baby shampoo to this water.
- Mix it well to dilute the shampoo.
- Dip a cotton ball in the solution.
- Wash your affected eye closing your eyes.
- Use a cotton ball to clean gently.
- Rinse the area with lukewarm water.
- After this, apply a clean and warm compress for five minutes.
- Do this for 2-3 times a day and your stye will vanish within a few days.
6.) Aloe Vera to Treat Eye Stye Fast
Aloe-vera is another popular way to treat eye stye. It consists of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, soothing properties. It can help lessen redness, inflammation and swelling as well as fasten the curing process. Follow the steps given below to use this remedy:
- Take an aloe vera leaf and extract some gel out of it.
- Now, rub this gel on the affected area.
- Keep it for 20 minutes, and then rinse your eye area with warm water.
- Repeat this treatment for 2-3 times a day to get rid of eye stye overnight.
7.) Castor Oil to Get Rid of Eye Stye Overnight
This is also a beneficial remedy to cure eye stye quickly. Castor oil consists of ricinoleic acid, which acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. This is the reason castor oil helps lessen inflammation and pain so effectively. Try the steps mentioned below:
- Wash the affected area with warm water and baby shampoo as mentioned earlier.
- Apply a warm compress over the eye or eyelid for 5 minutes.
- Use a cotton ball to apply castor oil on the bump.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day to prevent eye stye overnight.
8.) Guava Leaves to Treat Eye Stye Naturally
It acts as a natural antibacterial agent to treat eye stye instantly and quickly at home. Guava leaves are known for its good home remedy for styes. The leaves also hold anti-inflammatory properties that help remove the swelling and redness of the eyelid. To use this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Take 2-3 guava leaves and wash them properly in hot water.
- Dip a washcloth in hot water and wring out the excess water.
- Now, keep guava leaves in the warm washcloth and wrap it well.
- Take out one leaf and place over the affected eye for 5 mins.
- Do this process for 2-3 times a day to get rid of eye stye fast and naturally.
9.) Potato to Get Rid of Eye Stye Fast
It is another beneficial home remedy to treat stye overnight. Potato consists of astringent properties, that helps contract the tissues and lessen skin irritations. Moreover, potato helps decrease pain and inflammation. This is one of the great remedies to get rid of eye sty naturally and fast.
- Take a medium size potato.
- Crush or slice very small.
- Now, wrap this sliced potato in a cheesecloth.
- Now, place this cheesecloth on the eye stye for 5-10 mins.
- Repeat this treatment 2-3 times daily for 4-5 days.
10.) Cloves to Cure Eye Stye Quickly
Cloves work as a pain killer and reduces skin irritation. It is considered to be a helpful remedy to cure styes. Due to its antibacterial properties it prevents the further spread of eye infection. To try this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Take a glass of warm water and put 5-6 cloves in the water.
- Let it steep for another 10 mins.
- Now, strain the water.
- Soak a cotton ball or washcloth in the water, remove excess water.
- Place the cloth on the stye eyelid for 5 minutes.
- Follow this remedy 2-3 times daily for to see positive results.
Additional Tips to Get Rid of Eye Stye fast and Naturally:
The above remedies are easy and convenient ways to treat a sty quickly at home. The above remedies are easily available in your kitchen. If you find no results with these natural home remedies, consult your eye doctor immediately to stop further infection. At the same time, you can take some safety measures to stop or prevent the spread of eye styes and infections.
- Avoid touching the affected area.
- Keep your hands neat and clean before touching the eye.
- Never pop or squeeze a stye as it may spread further.
- Avoid wearing eye make when you have eye stye.
- Never share your eye applicators or makeup.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses.